VOG Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Those of you that know me know I have two Vics, my wifes, the pretty one in the pics and mine that is currently in allot of different places in my garage. I was at my local dealer today and he offered me a great deal on an 08 Vision Tour Premium but he doesn't wanthers for a trade because he is having a hard time selling used bikes (or any bikes for that matter). So I was wondering if anyone could give me a realistic price I should put onher bike. Here is the description with a list of add ons. To clarify I am not looking for offers, just a ball park so I can decide if I want to keep the bike or sell it eventually.
08 Victory Vegas Low Standard
Extra's as Follows:
House of Kolors Vampire Pearl Paint
Comfort Grips
Throttle Boss
Ness Mirrors
Tachometer
MBW Front ring LED's
MBW Rear wrap LED's
Side Plate
Mustang Seat w/ Backrest
Victory touring seat
Windshield
Fork bag
Handlebar bag
Swept exhaust stage 1
Highway bars
Luggage rack
24v Powerlet with accessories
Brakeaway cruise control
Problably a couple of other items that are minor but in total over $6,500.00 in accessories. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
11,739 Posts
You could expect somebody to buy it for about $12,000. The "low" really limits the buyers.

KBB or NADA may have it higher but that their numbers are over the year dealer reports. Money for used bikes is now harder to get from the bank and folks just don't have the down payments needed to satisfy the bank for a loan. If the Vic dealer can't sell them its gotta be hard on the owners to sell by themselves.

I really hope I have not hurt your feelings. I think my number is realistic.

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No hurt feelings here, that is in the range I was thinking. Funny that you say a Low limits buyers, I thought the same thing when I seen the new 2010's and they changed them all to Lows and dropped the name.

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
dsjr70 said:
Those of you that know me know I have two Vics, my wifes, the pretty one in the pics and mine that is currently in allot of different places in my garage.
A photo in this thread would be helpful.

To answer your question:

Newton's Third Law - To Every Action There Is Always An Equal And Opposite Reaction. Yes, that's from the 17th Century and it still holds true.

Related to bikes:

If you're buying low, you're selling low.

For the accessories, that's a tough one as Beauty Is In The Eye Of The Beholder. My experience has been that I've never gotten much for the accessories I've added to any bike or car I've owned. Chrome wheels on a car is a good example. While we pay a premium to buy them from a new car dealership, they won't give you squat for them when it's time to trade.

Sorry to be the bearer of this info...hopefully I'm wrong. Yes, the market is in the crapper.

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Oh, I knew I was going to take a hit the day I bought it. It is easy to figure out resale on a Suzuki, but with the limited amounts of sales online the Vic is a little tougher. If I got 12k I would sell it in a heart beat, if it is 9k it will sit in my garage for a long time because I am just anal..lol
Here is a pic, oh and one other thing mine is the one with a ton of miles, hers only has 7500 or so....

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Good looking bike!! It's worth whatever someone will pay for it. I would try Craigs List first for local interest then E-Bay. I have sold a bike on each. I sold an 02 TCD in 07to a guy in SD. He got into a bidding war with another guy and ended over paying. I see him every year at the AVR and is still happy. GOOD luck with getting the Vision.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.