VOG Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see the revolving Vegas door is working overtime.
Got rid of your 2010 Vegas8-ball
Re-aquired your 2008 Vegas Low Vampire Pearl,
2008 Vegas Low
2010 Vegas 8-Ball
2010 Vegas LE #1
2008 Vegas Low Vampire Pearl (Yes it's back)
2011 Victory ?????
What happened to the SKYY????
I think it will be a 2011 Vegas 8-ball
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,150 Posts

No she didnt come back with it... I was thinking about getting rid of my 8-Ball and the guy I sold the wife's bike to wanted it so I took the old one back on trade. The 08 Vegas Low will be up at Volusia Motorsports next week for sale if anyone is interested. It is still in good shape except the Lindy bars started rusting already which I thought was strange since the bike was garage kept and 90 miles from the ocean.
As far as my next bike, I really am up in the air. I am going to look around at a few manufacturers during biketoberfest, it is a shame that I wont get to ride a new Vision since pappa Vic wont be there :-(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,384 Posts
dsjr70 said:
No she didnt come back with it... I was thinking about getting rid of my 8-Ball and the guy I sold the wife's bike to wanted it so I took the old one back on trade. The 08 Vegas Low will be up at Volusia Motorsports next week for sale if anyone is interested. It is still in good shape except the Lindy bars started rusting already which I thought was strange since the bike was garage kept and 90 miles from the ocean.
As far as my next bike, I really am up in the air. I am going to look around at a few manufacturers during biketoberfest, it is a shame that I wont get to ride a new Vision since pappa Vic wont be there :-(
BMW will be unveiling the K1600GTL this week. I wonder if they have any in the US yet and if there will be one here in 2 weeks?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,150 Posts
mjw930 said:
dsjr70 said:
As far as my next bike, I really am up in the air. I am going to look around at a few manufacturers during biketoberfest, it is a shame that I wont get to ride a new Vision since pappa Vic wont be there :-(
BMW will be unveiling the K1600GTL this week. I wonder if they have any in the US yet and if there will be one here in 2 weeks?
I am hoping they do, I sent an email over to Daytona BMW to see if it is going to be there. No response yet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,150 Posts
mjw930 said:
dsjr70 said:
As far as my next bike, I really am up in the air. I am going to look around at a few manufacturers during biketoberfest, it is a shame that I wont get to ride a new Vision since pappa Vic wont be there :-(
BMW will be unveiling the K1600GTL this week. I wonder if they have any in the US yet and if there will be one here in 2 weeks?
Well just got the news... No GTL until late spring :-(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,384 Posts
dsjr70 said:
mjw930 said:
dsjr70 said:
As far as my next bike, I really am up in the air. I am going to look around at a few manufacturers during biketoberfest, it is a shame that I wont get to ride a new Vision since pappa Vic wont be there :-(
BMW will be unveiling the K1600GTL this week. I wonder if they have any in the US yet and if there will be one here in 2 weeks?
Well just got the news... No GTL until late spring :-(
Bummer!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,150 Posts
mjw930 said:
dsjr70 said:
mjw930 said:
dsjr70 said:
As far as my next bike, I really am up in the air. I am going to look around at a few manufacturers during biketoberfest, it is a shame that I wont get to ride a new Vision since pappa Vic wont be there :-(
BMW will be unveiling the K1600GTL this week. I wonder if they have any in the US yet and if there will be one here in 2 weeks?
Well just got the news... No GTL until late spring :-(
Bummer!
Well my shortlist just got shorter but next years is getting longer :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,150 Posts

mjw930 said:
I'm thinking a VFR1200F DCT might be on that short list :)

It would be on mine but my wrists can't take that riding position anymore.

http://powersports.honda.com/2010/vfr1200f/innovations/dualclutch.aspx
funny you mentioned that. I was talking to Andy the other day about it. I really like the concept of having an automatic motorcycle for everyday commuting. Nothing worse then being stuck on I-4 during rush hour.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,384 Posts
dsjr70 said:
mjw930 said:
I'm thinking a VFR1200F DCT might be on that short list :)

It would be on mine but my wrists can't take that riding position anymore.

http://powersports.honda.com/2010/vfr1200f/innovations/dualclutch.aspx
funny you mentioned that. I was talking to Andy the other day about it. I really like the concept of having an automatic motorcycle for everyday commuting. Nothing worse then being stuck on I-4 during rush hour.
That's a significant side benefit and I expect the next "Wing" to incorporate that tranny.

We have DSG on the wife's GTI and I've driven the Porsche PDK and I'm sold. It's not that it shifts for you, it's the speed and smoothness that sells me. Those who think they can control their car's better or go faster with a manual vs. a properly sorted Dual Clutch transmission are simply wrong. If that was the case F1 wouldn't have it and it wouldn't be outlawed in most other forms of motorsport.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,150 Posts

mjw930 said:
That's a significant side benefit and I expect the next "Wing" to incorporate that tranny.

We have DSG on the wife's GTI and I've driven the Porsche PDK and I'm sold. It's not that it shifts for you, it's the speed and smoothness that sells me. Those who think they can control their car's better or go faster with a manual vs. a properly sorted Dual Clutch transmission are simply wrong. If that was the case F1 wouldn't have it and it wouldn't be outlawed in most other forms of motorsport.
I did get to take out a DN-01 about a month ago. If it had just a little more storage space I would have been sold. Well that an a little more motor. The smoothness of the tranny was unbelievable when compared to a Yamaha FJ.
As far as your other comment, the automotive clutch is going to be history in a few years. Automatic technology has come a long way even the big guys like Ferrari and Lambo are shying away from it.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top