VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So let's say that you recently crashed your Victory and it was totaled by insurance. Let's just say.....:doh:

What would you get...... If it couldn't be a Victory? :eek-50:

I've been looking at some things and the 2018 & 2019 Goldwing really has my attention. The on the fly adjustable suspension , heated equipment, electronics, adjustable windshield, and the 7 speed DCT really has me thinking.

So what would be your first test ride?

·
Registered
12,826 Posts
I like it. Since you already have 2 Visions ?

The DCT is a must for that bike especially the tour.
Good power and ride. Go for it.

Reactions: VicVisionBulldog

·
Registered
4,463 Posts

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
I would replace my '04 Kingpin with another '04 Kingpin. Mainly because my '04 Kingpin is worth less than an beat up' 04 Hyundai Elantra :badgrin:. I'd be lucky if Allstate gave me $2K for the bike if totaled.

The Goldwing is sweet. I've looked at a number of used ones over the last few years including Goldwings. I have been considering getting a second ride that has more comfort for my bride.

·
Super Moderator
26,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Honestly, I think I would try to strike up a deal on a low mile gently used Victory. Then I would take the rest of my insurance money and have The Vic Shop put a big bore kit in it during the off season. Of course, I'm only 250 miles from The Vic Shop and actually have an off season.
I've had that thought. I think I would just buy I nice low mile Vision and have Noe add a Maximus and cams. But.....is that the wise decision? Already having another Vision. I love the Vision, always will. I just don't know if I should get another or keep my 08 and get something different like the Wing. Honestly if I wasn't watching review videos on them I would never even have had this thought but the videos made the Wing look like a great ride. One thing that they all seemed to love was the suspension and now having my back the way it is I certainly would not mind having the smoothest ride available for long rides. That front seems to soak up must everything and not being in line with the bars you don't feel it like usual.

·
Super Moderator
26,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would replace my '04 Kingpin with another '04 Kingpin. Mainly because my '04 Kingpin is worth less than an beat up' 04 Hyundai Elantra :badgrin:. I'd be lucky if Allstate gave me $2K for the bike if totaled.

The Goldwing is sweet. I've looked at a number of used ones over the last few years including Goldwings. I have been considering getting a second ride that has more comfort for my bride.
The older ones are nice but the big draw for me is the 2018 & 19s. They really changed it up.

·
Super Moderator
26,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well.....If it cannot be a Vic, I think I would have to find a "66 Mustang rag-top or a "57 T-Bird.
Could still ride the Yamaha.
I've had that thought too. I've been wanting a throw around Jeep for awhile. They are expensive though so I've held off cause I knew I'll just be throwing more money into it. I would get much more use out of a Wing than a Jeep.

I like the 57 T-Bird but have always been drawn to the 65 for some reason. I may be weird, scratch that, I know I am.

Reactions: tyrfryr

·
Registered
742 Posts
I've had that thought too. I've been wanting a throw around Jeep for awhile. They are expensive though so I've held off cause I knew I'll just be throwing more money into it. I would get much more use out of a Wing than a Jeep.

I like the 57 T-Bird but have always been drawn to the 65 for some reason. I may be weird, scratch that, I know I am.
Jeep would just get me in trouble. I also like the 65 t-Birds, along with the 66 and 67, great lines, classic.

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
Not that it'll help you much or that I can but my brother happens to be a Harley Salesman in Tampa, FL. They take loads of trade-ins (he told me they had a couple Visions there last time I talked to him), maybe could ask which dealership and see if I can help you get into something there, no promises, but I'd try if you wanted as long as it's not HD.

·
Super Moderator
26,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My wife has been no help. All she's said when I talk about a Wing is "do what will make you happy." Some help that is. Lol!

·
Super Moderator
26,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It's peaked your interest... Go to Honda's site and book a test ride. Until you ride one , you don't have a clue.

Post your review Sat.
I need to. Their site also says they have some discounts for certain profession and law enforcement is one. I didn't want to sign up for them to contact me about it and then get spammed to death. I'll just stop in. Their is a dealer really close to me, which is another plus. They also have some great financing like 0% for 60 months.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I need to. Their site also says they have some discounts for certain profession and law enforcement is one. I didn't want to sign up for them to contact me about it and then get spammed to death. I'll just stop in. Their is a dealer really close to me, which is another plus. They also have some great financing like 0% for 60 months.
If I were you I'd go on www.goldwingdocs.com and check out the forums about the front suspension. I recall they were having problems with the new suspension.

·
Registered
12,826 Posts
0% for any powersports is an eye catcher. Especially a bike line the new Wing. Personally I love them. Heard nothing but good. Power is great. Handling and GPS/ infotainment all good. They look sporty and imo a definite upgrade from the previous wings.
Though many disagree I look at it as a sport tourer that can do it all. The previous wings I never considered because of their size and dated dash. All those buttons !!! Seating position ? I'm 5'8". I fit on anything. Leg room ? Go on line and check out some of the " slick " attachments for them.
Reliability ? Oh yeah. It's a Honda. Plus doesn't it have an electric wind screen ?

Reactions: mister-g

·
Registered
4,841 Posts
Well i would not get a
road glide Milwaukee 8 - 117 inchi Newest road glide type

Ha ha ha

Ok last saturday we went with the Ferary club to the 7 th island, and i was with 5 harleys, so this one guy rode a bit fast, after hanging back with all the slower HD then i decided to catch up with the faster HD

Just going 160 km/h or so, then Accelerating etc, i ran away from him all the time, then about 200 km/h staying together and i ran away from him again, so that was fun, i slow down all the time for him to pass me and i follow again, that pass him , just having fun together

Then when we park i thought i see a 107" mark and i thought to myself, hmmmm fast HD but nothing like my 103" vic .....

Then someone today said it is a CVO and i ask some more and now i find out it is a road glide Milwaukee 8 - 117 inchi Newest road glide type

Ha ha ha, ouch that must have hurt,

·
Registered
12,826 Posts
Well i would not get a
road glide Milwaukee 8 - 117 inchi Newest road glide type

Ha ha ha

Ok last saturday we went with the Ferary club to the 7 th island, and i was with 5 harleys, so this one guy rode a bit fast, after hanging back with all the slower HD then i decided to catch up with the faster HD

Just going 160 km/h or so, then Accelerating etc, i ran away from him all the time, then about 200 km/h staying together and i ran away from him again, so that was fun, i slow down all the time for him to pass me and i follow again, that pass him , just having fun together

Then when we park i thought i see a 107" mark and i thought to myself, hmmmm fast HD but nothing like my 103" vic .....

Then someone today said it is a CVO and i ask some more and now i find out it is a road glide Milwaukee 8 - 117 inchi Newest road glide type

Ha ha ha, ouch that must have hurt,
I rode one. They have no legs. All grunt then run out of steam. $45k ? No thanks.

Reactions: BP6666VR

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Just get what will make you happy.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.