What Will You Do | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

What Will You Do

Discussion in 'Victory General Discussion' started by vision_nut, Jan 9, 2017.

1. vision_nut

vision_nut Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    vision 08
    Now that Polaris has stopped production on Victory.
    Will you still leave that big red V in the back window of your vehicle.
    Will you still wear that $500 dollar victory jacket and take s/h/i/t from other riders.
    What will you do with that extended warranty with no victory dealers around.
    Polaris will be be making or providing any parts once they're sold out.
    There is NO law that says they have to.
    Are you going to go buy a Indian.
    Am guessing Indian will go away in 5 years and Polaris will do electric motorcycles.

For one I wish I bought a HD there still in business and there bikes have value.
    What do you think a Vic is worth when they don't make them any more and there is no dealer or parts to be had. If you find a buyer for your bike tell them I have a bridge for sale

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. lou8700

lou8700 Well-Known Member

2012 Victory Cross Roads, 2014 Victory Cross Country Tour
    I'm guessing you had your Vision since 2011. A big mistake you really regret Huh?

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Teflon Mike

Teflon Mike Well-Known Member

2014 Vegas 8 Ball & 2017 chieftain
    If I could go back a few months and do it all over, I'd still end up on my magnum. I took it for a short unforgettable 6,000 miles before putting it up for winter, but the memories it gave me cannot be bought. They were probably the best couple months and miles of my life. Invaluable. Trade in value will be sh!t, but I didn't buy it to trade it in and there are worse things in life if I did plan on trading it in. I'm blessed.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. PJRo

PJRo Well-Known Member

2013 Victory Hammer 8-Ball
    I'm going to continue riding my Hammer ...as it continues to give me pleasure.

I never bought this bike concerned what it would be worth to anyone ....except me.
    ...... besides I'm way past worrying about resale value . :)

I will ride.

Peter

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Darth_v8r

Darth_v8r Well-Known Member

2016 CC8BALL, 2017 Kawasaki Versys 650
    I will ride a Vespa before an HD

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. marlake

marlake Active Member

2012 XR LE #45 "ARGUS"
    I ended up with a Victory motorcycle after I retired simply because it fit my 6'6" 325# frame better than any other bike available. Had never heard of Vic tory until after coming back to this one particular bike that felt so comfortable I finally looked down and saw the tank badge. Asked the salesman what the hell was a Victory and he explained. After taking possession is when the love affair began. The comfortable ride, the stylish look, the dependability, the predictable performance, the ease of maintenance, the endless compliments etc. etc. etc. Never once did I consider that the manufacturer( or dealer for that matter) added anything to my growing love for my "ride".
    Therefore, nothing will change for me. All the reasons I love my Victory motorcycle still exist and the manufacturer calling it quits is of no consequence. I put 46K on my first Vic and 115K on my current XRLE and intend to ride it till it won't go anymore. Then, I will find another low mileage Victory and put another 100K smiles on it. STATUS QUO.

P.S. I'm changing my bikes name to "Edsel".

RIDE ON & RIDE SAFE

• Like Like x 7
  7. mark4Jesus

mark4Jesus Well-Known Member

2013 Can Am Spyder
    I will continue to ride my CCT. I will continue to wear my jackets and t-shirt. I will keep my stickers (maybe add a few) displayed. I did not buy my Victory because Polaris made it, I bought it because it's a great motorcycle. Regardless what Polaris has done, I am proud to own a Victory.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Poseidon

Poseidon Well-Known Member

2016 Victory Magnum 2013 Suzuki M109R.... 2017 Kawasaki Concours
    Good choice!

• Funny Funny x 4
  9. poppamark

poppamark Active Member

2011 xcountry
    More like rider vs poser

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Phideaux

Phideaux Well-Known Member

2011 XC, 2005 VTX 1800 Spec 2
    I just watched Clemson beat Bama for the national championship. Me; I'm going to bed . . .

11. S-sigler

S-sigler New Member

Honda shadow ace 750, Honda rebel 250, victory vision
    I will ride my Vision till it can't go anymore then I will buy another one. I will wear my jackets and t-shirts with pride. I love my bike for the bike that it is. I still get more comments on mine then all the new Harley's you see parked everywhere we go. My vision is a voice of it's own and it's not trying to be a Harley.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. nickr914

nickr914 Well-Known Member

You sound like a HD owner, value????
    Who buys a motorcycle to make money on it??? Put in in your living room and not ride it because the value might degrade....

I bought mine to ride, like many others, you may see dollar bills floating away, I don't give a ****..

Parts??? Aftermarket looks good, junkyards, eBay, Craigslist, here, I'm sure you'll be able to find something you need...

My oldest son, I bought him a blazer 4x4 for 500 bucks, didn't run, I fixed it, to get it inspected had to get the emergency brake reinstalled, cost 700.... Why would I spend 700 bucks on a $500 vehicle.... It's 4x4 engine and trans great condition, why not it's well worth 1200 bucks.
    A friend of his got a car for nothing needs brakes, says he didn't want to spend the money on it because it's not worth it, then he got tired of walking in the freezing cold and snow.... He replaced the brakes...

I don't have any of the victory bullshit, no V in my window, no gear from victory, I don't concern myself with that. My bike will run, when I need a new belt I'll get the UD pulley and a buel belt, when I need forks because I did something massively fucked up to them, I'll grab a set for another bike..

Mostly all maintenance parts are/will be available, we don't have proprietary ****.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. c9zz

c9zz Active Member

2014 Vision & 2016 Scout
    I recently purchased a 2016 Scout but went to the dealer looking at the Octane. Am glad I spent the extra money for the Scout. As for my Vision, will ride it til I find a newer Vision with less miles on it and get another one. It's the best touring bike I ever owned and love it. Having a great touring bike and a great around town bike gives me the best of both worlds and nothings going to change. Am sad about Victory but life goes on.

14. RoBrown

RoBrown Well-Known Member

07 Victory Kingpin
    Just because they are not making new ones does not mean the brand disappears. I have a Victory sticker on my truck, wear a Victory hat, hell, I'm wearing a Victory sweatshirt as I type this. They stopped making the Kingpin a few years ago, so the loss of the entire brand does not mean the end of the world for me. I was not planning on getting rid of my bike bike before yesterday's news, and that has not changed. Enjoy the bike until you don't anymore, then start the search for your next toy. The sun will rise tomorrow, trust me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Kurbs

Kurbs theVOG.net Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

2012 Victory Kingpin
    What will I do? Braaaap!

ae5442df7f2f0fd3072de915f43d2955.jpg

• Like Like x 1