What will be the value of our used Vics | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

What will be the value of our used Vics

Discussion in 'Ask TheVOG' started by Vegas8ball13, May 18, 2020.

1. Vegas8ball13

Vegas8ball13 New Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    2013 vegas 8ball
    I'm wondering what the value of our victories will be since they decided to shut down production. Have you guys seen an increased desire or a decreased? I just bought some factory straight pipes for 250 bucks and they used to run over a thousanx.

2. PDXLaserGazer

PDXLaserGazer Well-Known Member

'13 Cross Country - Antifreeze Green / '15 Gunner
    I've seen an increase in prices recently but it could be just the time of year. Non-essential components came down a lot as dealers and resellers are/were unloading stock. I think the value will level out and may actually increase in value a little as they become more difficult to find.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Vegas8ball13

Vegas8ball13 New Member

2013 vegas 8ball
    Yea, I unfortunately had to lay mine down to avoid running Into a dumbass who bowed it up in front of me. Didnt do much damage, scraped the underside of the stock exhaust and broke a rear turn signal. But wife is wanting me to get an 18 goldwing and I havent gotten any hits on The 13 8 ball. Thought I'd replace the pipes and see what I might get since the old ones have a few scratches.. dont really wanna sell but covid calls for desperate measures

4. PDXLaserGazer

It's a good looking bike, and I think one of the better sellers. You get the damage fixed up nicely, replace what's been broken/scratched if you can and probably get a decent amount. I'm seeing '13-'14 pricing for 5-7k in most places right now. After the pandemic dies down and people start looking at options you might have better luck.

5. Vegas8ball13

Vegas8ball13 New Member

2013 vegas 8ball
    Preciate it man. I love my 8ball but wife is just not comfortable on the back. Do you think I'll be good to just install these myself? Any tuning or power commander I need you think? Sorry I've just now gotten on this group

Attached Files:

6. PDXLaserGazer

I think if you change 1 thing (exhaust, air filter) you probably don't "need" a tune or controller although these would make it run better in the end. Someone else better versed will be able to respond properly. I assume the install should be easy enough though if you have the tools and the time. If those are OEM, I wonder if they come with a ECU flash card for the stage 1 upgrade and I also wonder if it comes with a new air filter. If so, you can't do the flash yourself.

7. Jasperboy

Jasperboy Well-Known Member

2011 Victory Vision Tour, 2015 Victory Gunner
    I am dumbfounded at some of the crazy low prices these bikes are going for. Visions were as high as $26k just a few years ago and now people get them for $5k!!! I have two Victories and unless I have to replace them due to accident I will keep both asking as long as I'm breathing. Their value in dollars is meaningless to me, as to me they are both priceless. The value they fetch as part of my estate sale will be the concern of my wife or daughter. TTWFO.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. mister-g

mister-g Well-Known Member

2014 vision tour
    last spring i was at the Indian dealer test riding the latest and greatest and long story short i was offered almost 2 grand under trade in value for my vision. i love how they tell you they're just going to send it to auction and will be lucky to make they're money back, then you see it for sale on they're lot for almost twice what they gave you. car, truck, boat, whatever , they all tell you the same thing. how do salesmen sleep at night ! ya, value not so good :boohoo:

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Chattanooga_Mark

Chattanooga_Mark Well-Known Member

2012 CCT, Wonderful in white
    Selling a Vegas 8 Ball for a GW certainly qualifies as a desperate measure. If it were me, I’d sell or trade your Vegas for a Cross Ciuntry Tour. For many, many reasons. There are amazing deals to be had now.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. BC8Ball

BC8Ball Active Member

2005 Victory Vegas 8 Ball
    Having a tough time selling the bike to the left for 7000CDN!!! Seriously LOW mileage, KewlMetal Pro Street front end and some other goodies. Seriously thinking of parting it out.

• Like Like x 1
  11. PDXLaserGazer

You won't get 7k out of parts, it'll take longer to get rid of the parts as well I would imagine. Raise the price and offer OBO. People like to haggle for used bikes. It's a 2005 (15 years old). It probably won't sell for more than $5800-6200 CDN. In about 2 months, you may have better luck.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Jasperboy

Jasperboy Well-Known Member

2011 Victory Vision Tour, 2015 Victory Gunner
    To the OP, have a look for either a XC or Vision in 8-Ball trim. Wife would get a more comfy ride and you still get a Vic 8-Ball. Might cost a little coin but not hear what the Wing would run. Seriously, could you imagine riding a "soulless" bike?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. slickvic

slickvic Well-Known Member

2011 Cross Country
    A Goldwing !!!!! You’ll be miserable then she’ll quit riding with you someday then what ? Save your self ! Get a Cross Country / Tour

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Kurbs

Kurbs theVOG.net Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

Top Poster Of Month

2012 Victory Kingpin
    The bikes would keep their value MUCH higher had Polaris decided to keep producing parts. My buddy has some old 50+ year Hondas and can still order parts from them. Same with some Harleys. Parts everywhere. My 1st Shovel Head was built from about 3 different years and models lol.

When I was selling mine that was the #1 question, "can I get parts?" I said some yes, and the wait can be long. Used parts on EBAY, custom parts sites still sell stuff. But no one wants a bike they plan to keep for many years that may end up sitting for the riding season while Polaris takes 2-3 months to get what they need. It's sad, but it's reality. Polaris could still have a nice side business with parts, which incidentally rakes in more than sales in the long run but decided to dump it all.

The other part of the equation is...who is around that can fix the things when they break? If you are not capable of tearing an engine or trans down, or doing electrical work or basic fluids and brakes etc....you can end up screwed if the only ex-dealer is is half way across the country. Some Injun dealers will work on them, but many refuse to. They don't want to pay for the software license for the diag and ECU programming.

That is why most folks say ride it till it dies and enjoy it. The resale is not there. However in 20 years they may be worth something as Classics, but by that time all we will have are millennials riding scooters and electric crotch rockets. So take a loss if its paid for, dealers will give you maybe 60% tops if you're lucky because they can't dump em either. BUT the parts will be worth a lot!

But keep it and enjoy it, or take the loss, unless you get lucky and find someone who knows these bikes and is willing to pay a fair price for them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. PreachSF

PreachSF Well-Known Member

Bullitt (07 Hammer S w/ Jackpot front end)
    the people that got scared and sold their bikes for next to nothing, crashed the resale value on these bikes. they are worth far more than these stupid books are telling people

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1