VOG Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I was wondering what the D-shaped routed groove with a threaded hole in it is? It is located on the left hand side of the engine to the front of the crankcase on the 2009 8 ball. It is not blackened out and is about an inch long. What would this be intended for?

·
Registered
7,141 Posts

dsjr70 said:
Nothing, all the motors have that. It may have been a lifting point in the manufacturing process?
A little flat black paint will cover it up. Older modelsrouted their oil plumbing from
that area to the cooler.
OT

·
Registered
7,141 Posts

With you being from downunder or Aussie Land, your bikes would be top heavy if that area was not machined. A small price to pay for a great ride.
Below with area not machined as you would see it.

·
Registered
6,128 Posts
OneThumb said:
With you being from downunder, your bikes would be top heavy if that area was not machined. A small price to pay for a great ride.
Below with area not machined as you would see it.
I think I'm Drunk!

·
Registered
7,141 Posts

Rusta said:
Hey guys, I was wondering what the D-shaped routed groove with a threaded hole in it is? It is located on the left hand side of the engine to the front of the crankcase on the 2009 8 ball. It is not blackened out and is about an inch long. What would this be intended for?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.