VOG Forum banner

What do you have to say....

1412 11
I've been going back and forth on this for mts. After my girl gets out of college im getting a new bike that im going to have for years and years... I've asked on other sites and i'ed like your opinion.
I know its what i like etc and take a test drive.... but what would you do if you could only choose one.... A new Vision or a new Cross Country.....Thank for your input! Dave
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12,150 Posts
It depends on your riding style. I would prefer the Vision because you can take the trunk off and have a nice cruiser. But the CC has more storage. If your going to be doing any long distance riding I would go with the Vision mainly because of the electric windshield...

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
I prefer everything about the Vision it's much roomier and a better year round bike for me in Canada.Looks better to me also I tried a cross country recently wasn't used to the wind on my legs and feet and the windsheild was poor in comparison w/vision. To me the 8 ball vision is one beautiful bike

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
If long day riding is your goal, Vision

If medium distance but need to carry lots of stuff Cross Country.

What qualifies as a long day is up to you.

I did several 1000 mile days on my Kingpin. Never done more than 750 on my Cross because the opportunity hasn't arrived yet.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts

Well, if you are planing on keeping your KP and just adding to your garage I would go with the Vision since you still have a "cruiser". But if you plan on trading in the KP I think I would go with the CC. I like the looks of both bikes but I prefer the CC and if I'm going to be keeping a bike for a long time I want something that looks good (to me) in all of my travle pics! Plus having more storage is a big plus to me. But what do I know I have a Hammer with no storage.
Good luck, and you truely can't go wrong either way.

·
Registered
6,116 Posts
I see you live in Massachusetts.....The Vision can comfortably extend your riding season by 30 days on both sides.

Only way the XC is a "better" choice would be for 3 reasons:
1-You don't like the looks of the Vision
2-You are not planning on doing any crazy-long trips (700-1200 mile days).....not that the XC can't do this because it can, just that the Vision is better at it.
3-You absolutely need more storage......and this one I'll NEVER understand....ever.

·
Registered
839 Posts

For me it would be the cross country.The bags come off in seconds,thats great for me as i have a 1 mile ride on dirt and gravel before i hitblack top,so i spend a lot of time cleaning.The opional tour pack is a lock and ride,so if the wife's not riding,its off in seconds and you still have plenty of storage.
The visions advantages to me over the xc,is a better seat and seating position(it's the only bike i have ever ridden where i felt like i was sitting in itand not on it.)and better wind and rain protection.
Either bike you choose will be a win win. Good luck in your decision
scott,

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
planteman said:
I've been going back and forth on this for mts. After my girl gets out of college im getting a new bike that im going to have for years and years... I've asked on other sites and i'ed like your opinion.
I know its what i like etc and take a test drive.... but what would you do if you could only choose one.... A new Vision or a new Cross Country.....Thank for your input! Dave
BobbyG is the most qualified to answer this Question Dave, as he has one of both, an 08 Ness Vision and a 10 CC
When I asked him a similar question his response was he preferred the Vision for long distance, and the CC for short, fun runs.
If I were you, I'd go with whatever Kerry likes.....LOL
or a Harley...................

·
Registered
42 Posts

All good points of view. All focused on practical considerations.

My advice is to buy the one that speaks to you.

You probably already know which one that you Want. It's just a matter of filtering out the extraneous messages in your head and allowing yourself the luxury of buying it.

Be selfish for a change.

It sounds as if you're buying for the long haul, so get the one that you love, you will be living with the choice a long time.

·
Registered
4,736 Posts

It all comes down to Don's original question, what kind of riding do you do? or anticipate doing mostly ? I vote Vision for the many things it has to offer and like Don also said, once the trunk is off its a whole different machine. So the Vision is essentially 2 different bikes, and there ya go !

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.