VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm curious as to what people really expect from a manufacturer, as far as customer satisfaction, or what that means to you.
How much do you tolerate bad customer service before you pack it in, what is " bad " customer service in your mind ?
Something important to me may mean absolutly nothing to you, we all perceive things a little differently.
Is Victory really that bad or are we sometimes just frusteratedand we had enough ?
Myself, I find enough good about Victory that I will stay with them for awhile, I bought a machine, not a company, they don't have to hug and kiss me at night for me to feel good, just keep making great motorcycles, and the aftermarket will follow the more people that buy Vics.
Anyone else ?

·
Registered
4,895 Posts

I have reasonable expectations.
If a part is listed in the catalog or online and it is not marked as pre-orders being accepted I expect to get it with in 4 weeks.

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
What I expect:

1. Build a quality, state of the art American Cruiser
2. Market the vehicles so the brand grows and my investment retains it's value
3. Develop a dealer network that's stable and well trained
4. Develop the aftermarket by offering quality accessories delivered in a timely manner
5. Make sure ALL accessories released for a product or model are available DAY ONE
6. Require dealers to stock a minimum quality of parts and accessories
7. Develop inter dealership inventory systems that allow dealers to locate bikes, parts and accessories nationwide

Basically, I'm saying be Harley on a smaller scale except for number 1, I expect Victory to spank Harley on engineering, design and longevity.

I think they do pretty well on items 1 and 2 and it seems they are trying on items 3 and 4 but they have a long way to go for items 5 - 7. Doing well on items 1 - 3 were enough to make me part with my hard earned $$$$ but Items 4 - 7 are something they need to develop if they want to really grow the brand. I say doing well on item 3 because in my area I have 3 good dealerships within a 2 or 3 hour ride. YMMV

·
Registered
4,500 Posts

To be honest, I am happy just the way things are. If they were perfect, everyone would have one. Then that would bring up another set of issues:
Everyone would have the same bike
Hard to find my bike in a parking lot
Parts everywhere
could no longer beat the pants off most streetbikes
Owners would turn owning a Vicinto a cult, same as someone else
Large groups would no longer surround my bike at eventsin awe
I would no longer get the questions "who is Victory" or "is that a HD?"

·
Registered
11,735 Posts
I like that they are small. They seem to have some trouble with accessory availability and some service issues as noted in particular dealerships.

Bad dealers will eliminate themselves over time.

Our bikes are unique and made in N. America. Even a tad of competition is good for the industry.

I do sympathize with the availability of parts. Its hard to make a few bikes and produce parts you may never or rarely sell. They also seem to eliminate some parts from several years ago. The "other company" you can order a head for a 80 inch blockhead and get it in 10 days. I think in that area, size does make a difference.

As they grow so will the parts and accessory availability.

I think I agree with MJW on all of his points.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
So far, my experience with Victory/Polaris has been great! I have not experienced some of the service, parts and billing issues that some have posted here on this site. I'm a new owner of a Vic and all is still very new. Time will tell my overall feelings of the brand, but I expect them to grow smartly and not to make poor decisions to be somebody they're not. I expect them to lead and not to follow and to continue to re-ignite the feelings of want, desire, passion and excitement in motorcycle riders with cutting edge technology and design.

And I want a dealership in Hawaii !!!

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
Im not worried too much that they might go away. All i ask is that they treat people like humans. I have heard too many stories of horrible treatment once inside the dealership. Its bad for customer relations and those are usually the dealers that do go away. And to tell you the truth we need MORE dealerships to support our bike of choice, not less.
That would be my biggest interest as far as victory goes, build more dealerships throughout the country.
Im Lucky, Randy's is only about 50 miles from me and the service is superb! G&G cycle is only about 75 miles and i have heard they are good also.

·
Registered
6,128 Posts

I knew what I was getting into when I bought a Victory. It's a great bike and they are TRYING to build a brand and dealership networkin a terrible economy.
Remember this: ANYTHING can be accomplished with the right amount of money......and we seem to be really good at spending Victory's money. If Victory did all the things we think are"mandatory" I can guarrantee you that they would not be in as good of a financial position as they are now and could very well be on the brink of going out of business.
Just because we know what we want in a Motorcycle manufacturer does not mean we know a damn thing about global manufacturing economics in 2009 and 2010.
I bet H-D's dealership network wasn't all that great in 1915.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Love the product, but they can do a better job at delivering it. Up here in Northern NY, I have yet to see a new cross bike at my local dealer. How long ago where these released. My dealer sits right next to the other guys shop, and with all the hype and advertising in every major motorcycle publication it would be nice to see that every Vic dealer has one sitting in the back of the shop with a uniform roll out date. I know the other guy had most of his 2010 bikes in stock in November. At this rate when my dealer gets an xc in it will be a marked down left over.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I think I must be lucky, I've had really good service at my local dealer. I didn't even buy the bike there but have had it hooked up to diagnostic looking for an issue free of charge, bought a jacket there, had an issue and was fixed no questions asked. My favorite was when I was still looking I had my 3 month old son with me in looking at bikes and one of the sales guys offered to hold him so I could sit on the bikes.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
I just want the dealer to treat me like a human and treat me fairly when dealing on a bike or issues with the bike. So far the dealership I go to has been good on the purchase of the bike (XR won't be in till April) and has kept me in the loop as to what is going on. If they are anything like their sister dealership that does not sell Vic, they will be good. As for aftermarket, I would like them to take a page from Triumph. The aftermarket parts for their Thunderbird were available before the bike was, so you could set it up the way you want it before you take it home (even the big bore kit)

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
mjw930 said:
What I expect:

1. Build a quality, state of the art American Cruiser
2. Market the vehicles so the brand grows and my investment retains it's value
3. Develop a dealer network that's stable and well trained
4. Develop the aftermarket by offering quality accessories delivered in a timely manner
5. Make sure ALL accessories released for a product or model are available DAY ONE
6. Require dealers to stock a minimum quality of parts and accessories
7. Develop inter dealership inventory systems that allow dealers to locate bikes, parts and accessories nationwide

Basically, I'm saying be Harley on a smaller scale except for number 1, I expect Victory to spank Harley on engineering, design and longevity.

I think they do pretty well on items 1 and 2 and it seems they are trying on items 3 and 4 but they have a long way to go for items 5 - 7. Doing well on items 1 - 3 were enough to make me part with my hard earned $$$$ but Items 4 - 7 are something they need to develop if they want to really grow the brand. I say doing well on item 3 because in my area I have 3 good dealerships within a 2 or 3 hour ride. YMMV
+1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 Yeah!!!!!

·
Registered
2,923 Posts

What do I expect,
First I expect an answer to questions when asked and not the run around with check with your local dealer, if my dealer new the answer too my question I would not be asking them. Quit passing the buck.
Second when ordering parts or material from dealer (Touch-up paint for one) not to be told sorry I can't just order one of these, I have to order two min, who needs two, if I need that much touch-up paint it is will most will require a paint job to correct.
Third, get rid of the HD attitude with the poor customer service from Victory themselves, (Not the Dealer) It only took HD 107 years to get there attitude, Victory 10 years.
Fourth, more support and sponsorship for the dealer with events and shows
Regards

·
Registered
12,236 Posts

What I expect from Victory? Good question and a pretty simple answer. If Victory wants to pawn off all their customer service complaints and questions off to the dealer I expect Victory to train their dealers better. The weak link IMHO always has been the dealers...

·
Registered
23,463 Posts

I have to wonder if anyone complaining about Victory has ever owned a Japanese bike. If you think Victory has issues with parts availability, stocking parts, training at dealers... try one of the "Big Four".
I think Victory is being compared to Harley, a company that has been in business for 107 years. I'm not sure if that's really fair. There are crappy HD dealerships too.
My Victory dealer is wonderful. Couldn't ask for a better place or bunch of people. They are knowledgeable, they drag race, and I consider them my friends. They usually have what I need in stock. However, they don't make a lot of money from me because I do my own service and maintenance. I do buy Victory clothes and accessories from there,if I need a clutch cable I buy it there, and I did buy the bike there. If they have an event I go and I try to buy something when I go in there, but they won't stay in business if everyone is like me.I would trust them to work on my bike if necessary, it's just that I can do it myself. I buy tires online and mount/balance them myself, and Lloyd does anything performance-wise.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
I bought my '99 at the only "local" dealer 10 years ago. They were 50 miles one way. They seemed nice enough but then they were going to tune my bike and the mech was going to do it the old way and not use a laptop. The owner would not buy a laptop for the bikes. I can't blame Victory for that.
I think most of problems people have are with the dealers rather then Victory. I emailed Higgin's I wanted to buy a trunk cover for Anny. Bryan got back to me 3 days later. He apologized for being so long but he did find a cover in Antares Red. They got it in in 4 days. When it arrived he opened the box to make sure it was the right color.
Over the last 10 years I read of people having problems with their dealer but the dealer blames Victory and the owners believe them. Does anyone honestly believe a dealer will except the blame if they have an easy out?
Of course you get the owners that want everything for nothing. I know owners that if they don't get 20% off they bad mouth the dealer.

I suggest doing your homework and find a great dealer and spend your money there and enjoy riding your bike.

·
Registered
2,923 Posts

We have a great dealer up here in Peak Power Sports also, and they are sometimes put between a rock and a hard place when customers ask question the factory will not give them the answer too either.
Like some I to do a lot of my own work to my bike, not because I don't trust my dealer to do good work but because I like to do it myself, I do buy amost everything for my bike from them though.
And yes I have owned two Japanese bikes which I had no problem getting parts or service for when needed.
And from what we read these days there are crappy dealers in every motorcycle brand out there these days.
To be compared to HD should be taken as a compliment, as they have been around for 107 years, Victory should be so lucky to remain around for this long.
Regards

·
Registered
12,236 Posts

Someone mentioned metric bikes up above, I have never had an issue getting anything done to my metrics and I still own quite a few. The difference is, if you have a problem with a Japanese bike or an HD and you dont like the way the dealer is responding there is another dealer 100 yards away. With Victory if they have a crappy dealer somewhere it could be 200-300 miles before you find another. There are some great dealers out there. When I first bought mine I had a ton of problems, it wasn't Victory's fault it was my dumb ass dealer that screwed up the bike. They are no longer in business but I am one of the lucky ones. I have Volusia Motorsports 15 miles away and Kissimmee Power Sports about 30 miles and if all goes to **** I have Kevin of Polaris of Gainesville about 90 miles away.
Suzuki handles things very similar to Polaris, they refer everyone back to the dealer and if it is really bad the regional rep will step in. I dont really see anything wrong with doing it that way, but these techs need to be better trained on the Victory product line. I can guarantee if you go into either of my two dealers and start talking bikes with the techs you will find they know more about my B-King then my Vision or Vegas.
In this day of the internet I would recommend they put together a training course of some sort for the techs and make then do it online. Well, I take that back, they need to do one for the sales people also. I would say 90% of us on here are more familiar with the models then the sales people. Now I am not saying all dealer are this way.

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
Sutherland said:
Trianing online is not the way to go as far as I am concerned, to easy to get someone else to do course for them, and they would still no nothing about our bikes
Regards
To keep my license I have to do so many hours of continuing education and do most of it online with an interactive classroom which you do via a webcam. They could do something like that or (using Florida as an example) have corporate come down to Orlando and have a training class at one of the hotels or motorcycle schools and have a tech from the Florida dealers come for a two day class. Just something to that effect to get them more familiar.
How does Victory certify their techs currently?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.