VOG Forum banner

What did you do to your Victory XC today?

284K views 3K replies 266 participants last post by  jwfuchs1 
#1 · (Edited)
This is just a thread to show mods/share information on mods completed on your XC. Ill get started. My wife made a decal for me and we put it on the bike and painted chin spoiler (spoiler completed about a week ago). Much more to come. Mods if this is not allowed on this, remove at your discretion.forum
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Sky
Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design Fuel tank
Watch Tire Vehicle Fuel tank Wheel
Plant Hood Automotive lighting Vehicle Motor vehicle

See less See more
#2 ·
I rode mine today.

#3 ·
I sat on mine and went "vroom vroom" then I went back inside for a cup of coffee. I have to work on the phone today so riding is probably out but tomorrow looks good.

• Haha
Reactions: dukins
#6 ·
No big mods today, but I did get my phone mount installed. It is a slipgrip mounted with a RAM ball mount to the mirror stem. USB / lightning cable plugged into my GPS harness.

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive lighting

Automotive tire Camera accessory Carbon Cameras & optics Bicycle part

#7 ·
Started taking the fairing apart to install latest non go fast parts (tunes). Going to service front shocks, new brake pads, new rubber front and back. Need it road worthy by next weekend. Also going from a 12" to a 13" LRS. Hope my lady rider gets her head bobble resolved

#9 ·
If you get the right tunes playing, it will end up being a "going faster than I thought I was" mod! :devil3:

#11 ·
Wheel Tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire Tread
Wheel Plant Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle
Tire Liquid Bottle Automotive tire Fluid
Land vehicle Tire Wheel Fuel tank Motorcycle
Automotive lighting Automotive design Purple Red Gadget
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle

Purchased my 2012 XCT new in Aug 2011, and have put 34,600 trouble free miles on her so far. Decided it was time for some aesthetic changes, so I made the following changes on Sunday:
Changed fork oil, used a 50/50 mixture 10W Amsoil & 15W BelRay
Installed Vic 21" wheel, with factory painted fender, and Michelin Commander II 21" tire (had to match Commander II on rear), plus new front brake pads and new front ABS sensor and 21" ABS ring (sensor was bad)
Installed factory XM radio (had been using my ZUMO 550 to provide XM tunes since 2007)
Installed factory painted chin fairing, and factory painted dash

Attachments

#13 ·
View attachment 230129 View attachment 230137 View attachment 230145 View attachment 230153 View attachment 230161 View attachment 230169

Purchased my 2012 XCT new in Aug 2011, and have put 34,600 trouble free miles on her so far. Decided it was time for some aesthetic changes, so I made the following changes on Sunday:
Changed fork oil, used a 50/50 mixture 10W Amsoil & 15W BelRay
Installed Vic 21" wheel, with factory painted fender, and Michelin Commander II 21" tire (had to match Commander II on rear), plus new front brake pads and new front ABS sensor and 21" ABS ring (sensor was bad)
Installed factory XM radio (had been using my ZUMO 550 to provide XM tunes since 2007)
Installed factory painted chin fairing, and factory painted dash
Your blue light is leaking around the gas tank. Probably should get that fixed before you put it all back together again... If it goes dry, it'll be slow again.

Meanwhile, it looks pretty good!

#12 ·
Just installed a 1/4 turn throttle, Lloydz air filter, and a Maximus stage1 flash yesterday. I was excited to go for a test ride so I pushed her out of the garage and closed the door. When I turned my back she rolled forward off the kickstand! Embarrassed and disgusted with myself now.

Bright side is now the motor feels alive and smoooth ... and now I know how easy it is to pick the big girl up off the ground :neutral:

#28 ·
Just installed a 1/4 turn throttle, Lloydz air filter, and a Maximus stage1 flash yesterday. I was excited to go for a test ride so I pushed her out of the garage and closed the door. When I turned my back she rolled forward off the kickstand! Embarrassed and disgusted with myself now.

Bright side is now the motor feels alive and smoooth ... and now I know how easy it is to pick the big girl up off the ground :neutral:
That is horrible!! How bad was the damage?

#14 ·
got my Vance & Hines pipes and threw them on....too cold and rainy to ride, hopefully tomorrow

#17 ·
Absobloodylutely nothing!!!!!!!

#22 ·
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle
Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Fuel tank
Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Motorcycle Automotive lighting Hood
Grille Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Automotive design
Vehicle Motor vehicle Motorcycle Automotive tire Grille
Bunches and bunches and still soooooo much more to do.

#25 ·
dukins I like your LED set up, who did the install

#30 ·
@dukins i don't even notice it anymore and being smoked it blends better. I would way rather have a bike I can ride and enjoy all day everyday then worry bout a thing like those brackets. Madstad is cool though they will let you return if you don't like within 30 days or even change your windshields in that time.

#33 ·
Using a wet dish towel, I mopped out 5 years of dust and crap out of my trunk and saddlebags today. Then I went to work.

#37 ·
Here is the pic you requested of my non-doings the other day....... :angel4:

Wood Space Circle Electric blue Font
Wood Space Circle Electric blue Font

#39 ·
Please, more specifics. LOL

And so you don't feel so bad. A couple years ago, I figured I'd buy new rubber online, pop the wheels off, take them down to a Honda shop (a friend of a friend) and save a bunch of money. The site I bought the tires off, is (was) Cruiser Customizing (now Competition Accessories). Good company in my experience. I got a deal by buying the set of Dunlop E3s.

Fast forward 2 weeks and after I finally figured out how to get the rear wheel off, I take the wheels and tires to the Honda shop and they won't touch them for fear of damaging the rims (OEM). So I bite the bullet and take them to the Victory dealership where I bought the bike. They mounted and balanced them for me but charged a premium. I took them home, front was easy enough but just could not get the rear on and get the belt on the pulley. When I did, it wouldn't move and I found it was rubbing the front of the swingarm.

Scratched my head, had a beer and a smoke then thought I'd double check the tire size. Sure enough it wasn't correct. Turned out that the deal was for the GL1800 set. which I didn't even notice. The dealership didn't care to mention it to me either and when I asked them if they noticed, they told me I should have just bought the tires there. My reply was that it would have cost me 2x the money. So getting the proper rear, the wrong rear, a proper front and the rear remounted 2x was still cheaper than buying 1 set from them... to which they were in total agreement. But they've done me right and have given me discounts over the years so what can I say?

Which reminds me, I have a spare GL1800 rear tire for sale... cheap!

Reactions: Pjv1k
#41 ·
Wrapped the baffles in my tri-ovals with DEI pipe wrap last night can't wait to try out