What did you do to your Victory XC today? | Page 128 | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

What did you do to your Victory XC today?

Discussion in 'Victory Cross Country' started by dukins, May 2, 2017.

1. PDXLaserGazer

PDXLaserGazer Well-Known Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    '13 Cross Country - Antifreeze Green / '15 Gunner
    I always win. Actually got a phone call from them yesterday thanking me for being a customer. Although my needs have been reduced past few years as I'm not really looking for add-ons and bling, but for some stuff, I'd rather give them my money than Advance Auto parts or Amazon/eBay. In this case, I bought the Lloyd's exhaust gaskets. Probably have spent about $4k with them since 2013. But now down to maybe $100 a year. I guess I need a new project bike.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Bikesofbrads

Bikesofbrads Well-Known Member

2015 victory xct & 06 katana
    C84945CB-7717-48DC-A75E-15611C8C28C9.jpeg Got these & a throttle boss while on Lake Erie trip, sorry @md2420 I didn’t see ur post until way after but call & they’ll answer any questions you have. Luv my new palm rest. Was pretty cool seeing the place n person & hope to make visits to rest of the famous Vic shops. Enjoyed meeting Rylan, Gabe & Nick last summer

• Like Like x 3
  3. Bikesofbrads

Our 6 day 5 night trip netted us 867 miles with the key being turned on for 28 hrs & 20 mins. That’s a draw bridge in Ashbula for letting boats in / out. Pretty cool spot up on the hill.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Alwhite00

Alwhite00 Well-Known Member

Victory
    Tail of the Dragon

IMG_2877.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  5. PDXLaserGazer

Rented a U-haul trailer to get it home from the office. I think I threw another rear wheel bearing. Won't be using allballz again if this is the case. So... it's up on the lift and I'm so frustrated, going to wait til tomorrow to dig into the rear end clunking. But it was a nice ride in this morning. And she looks damn sexy even on a trailer.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Bikesofbrads

A dry rocker hem joint / bushing / bearing made a similar sound on mine, pulled apart then cleaned / greased & all quiet since

• Like Like x 1
  7. Chattanooga_Mark

Chattanooga_Mark Well-Known Member

2012 CCT, Wonderful in white
    Not so much here but on the Moto Guzzi forum several people had failures with new All Balls wheel bearing replacements. So many failures that I decided not to use my All Balls wheel bearings so I bought the oem, made in Japan, bearings recently. My oem wheel bearings at 84k still feel great. But I’ll replace them 100K just because.

Please confirm if the wheel bearings are what went bad.

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. SS_ViCTORY

SS_ViCTORY New Member

2014 Cross Country
    Replaced the stock mirrors with Arlen Ness set that I found. Sassy liked them also!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 5
  9. wvrider1

wvrider1 Well-Known Member

Goldmist/Black 14 XCT
    How do you like your seat? Patiently waiting a couple more weeks to get here.

10. Chattanooga_Mark

That must be an aftermarket HID system. The oem HID system on my CCT has no delay at all from Low to High.

Soon after Victory was killed off I found a complete NOS oem HID system the dealer was blowing out for $100. I’m glad to have that on my spare parts shelf.

• Like Like x 1
  11. wvrider1

wvrider1 Well-Known Member

Goldmist/Black 14 XCT
    Agree about the 12's. Still miss that bike. 14's have a POS light. When they released the LED light got a chrome one. After the shut down found a black one for half price which is also now in the box after finding a deal on a J.W. Speaker. Plenty of spares or $hit to sell when I'm old.

• Like Like x 2
  12. PDXLaserGazer

Confirmed, pulley side axle bearing is bad. I didn't even have to stick my finger in to test it, the axle has heat discoloration. I wan't to give All Balls the benefit of the doubt, but it's difficult as this is the second one. I did notice my belt felt tight which is strange because when I swapped out my passenger pegs for boards, I checked everything under there (tires, brakes, etc). I'm going to order a set of the other brand that WD sells, and I think I'll order a new axle from Polaris as well. Or find a good used one online. If the axle is swollen, I can sand it down but 2 issues with that are 1) now that heat has created a weak point and 2) if I go too far it will be loose at the bearing which could lead to more problems. So I'll find a new axle. Man I hate pulling these things out.

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. PDXLaserGazer

Removed the wheel and pulley today, popped the plastic cover off the bearing to have a look see, 2 of the retainers broke, one on either side, found one, can't find the other, probably under the bearings. The inner race is brown from heat. Inside, dry as a bone. Now, I didn't check and pack this bearing as it was installed while on the road by Tracy motorsports. They didn't supply the bearing and made me sign a waiver before installing and mentioned that they've had bad experiences with All Balls. I have changed the rear tire a couple times since then but in order to check and repack this bearing, the pulley needs to come off and I don't keep a supply of bolts on hand and will not reuse the old ones. I did however check and repack the other side last tire change.

So, in the future I'll have a new set of bolts on hand and check every other tire change. I'll check and add grease (if needed) when I get new bearings, and I'll change both of them as soon as they arrive in the mail. I'll run the belt on the loose side from now on as well. This is eating into my summer and I'm not happy.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. Bikesofbrads

All Balls use to make a great product, call or email them & I’m sure they’ll make it right under the circumstances & warranty

15. Chattanooga_Mark

Dry bearings is awful. One of my major peeves with Moto Guzzi is they never grease bearings. They haven’t for decades. The only grease they have in swingarm and steering head bearings is what minuscule amount the low bid supplier put on them to prevent rust. Crazy.

You should be able to trust a sealed bearing to be fully lubricated at the factory during the manufacturing process. The dealer had you sign away your expectations of a quality part being installed in your bike. Amazing! Why didn’t they simply pop off a seal and grease them prior to installation? That would have avoided this entire breakdown scenario.

If I can’t trust a manufacturer to grease a sealed bearing during their manufacturing process I can’t trust their parts: period. I have four All Balls wheel bearings that I bought from Witchdoctors. I’ll pop off a seal to see if they’re also dry. Though I’m glad I spent the $36 each for the oem wheel bearings, made in Japan instead of China. When I ordered the bearings, I also ordered new bolts for the rear pulley.

@PDXLaserGazer, no one you dealt with should have put you in this position.

• Like Like x 1