VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts

great vid
that part about "The Hiway Of Heros" got the hairs on the back of my neck to tingle.
As a Canadian born son of an Italian immigrant, that was touching as i do support our Troops and love this beautiful land of ours. I have one thing to say
OH CANADA !!!!!

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
My Dad & Mom immigrated from Canada to the U.S in 1950. I still have relatives in Alberta, Canada. Canada & the Canadians hold a special place in my families heart. They just need to figure out that crazy French language thing!! LOL!!!

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Personally, I think this is one of the better segments coming out of NBC's coverage of the Olympics. Yes, there's been some great stuff, but a segment such as this is not a "one time view" and will be around for quite some time. It tells a great story and is informative, educational and incorporates some great visuals.

Thanks to Mr. Brokaw for producing this piece about the relationship between the USA and our Canadian neighbors.

"May These Gates Never Be Closed."

Thank You Canada!

·
Registered
1,054 Posts

the GOD BLESS CANADA, & THE CANADIANS, great folks,great friends,great allies, great country, their greeeaaattttt!!! (tony the tiger), now if only they talked right 'EH", lol.
I was surprised to learn that Canada is the largest oil supplier to the U.S., Yea!!, Now I wont have to worry about sending U.S. $$$$ to supply "Canadian-Jihadists". Plus for years Canadians have been buying U.S. goods for alot more $$ than we pay for'em ( never understood that one, Its not like Canada is some third world country-- I dont see a difference between us) SOOOO, I'm Glad that our country is sending the largest part of our oil $$ to our friends instead of our enemy's ( Iran,venuslea, saudia arabia,) maybe this will equalize the $$ exchange between our countries.
If our politicans dont quit spending $$$ we'll ( U.S.) end up a third world country,
maybe I should start buying canadian dollars!!!

·
Registered
290 Posts

Got admit as a Canadian I love America. We wouldn't want any other neighbor south of us.
So you yanks come on up and lets go for a ride.

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
Great video but not one mention of "Tim Horton's" A

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
I would like to add that I am proud to have the U.S. of A as our neighbour, friend and confidant. It's comforting to know that you are there.

·
Registered
7,141 Posts
Candubrain said:
I would like to add that I am proud to have the U.S. of A as our neighbour, friend and confidant. It's comforting to know that you are there.
Having The USA for our neighbors neighbours is a realbonus, it couldn't get any better. We share what is common, we can all travel both countries, almost all of North America with ease and our doors are always open. Our Seasons might be the same but they are different, the colors colours are spectacular through out the year.
We are all brothers and sisters and no matter which side of the border we happen to be on at any given time it always feels like home.
We do have our differences though, but then again that's what makes us unique,all youneed is a good OleEnglish dictionary and everything would be perfect. LOL
Howdy Neighbours
I'm feeling the needto RIDE.

·
Registered
4,895 Posts

It is realy cool to have friendly neighbors.
As far as people speaking in a different fashion being from NY I find that everyone else on this planet talks funny.

·
Registered
814 Posts

Wow OT I haven't seen that Gordon Sinclair piece in a long long time. It'sa bit dated and if he were still alive he might be pleased with how at least we have come to help the US of A where ever and when ever needed but he does hit the nail on the head. He was quite the character wasn't he.
With all the sentiment in this post (and I do share it) can I just hold back from getting too mushy until the hockey game is over? LOL
Racky - I don't mean to nitpick but the proper Canadian spelling of the word is not Eh, it's "aye". Maybe we can send you one of those English to Canadian dictionaries so you won't need a translater the next time you come north to visit. LOL
Trekwolf, nice picture man but I didn't know you came up here in July with your camera. I thought our Thunder under the Falls was your first visit. ;-)
Andy, as a proud Canuck I just want to say thanks for making this a seperate post. Several of my friends have forwarded the Tom Brokaw piece to us so believe me it is making the rounds up here and everyone is quite pleased tosee some of these things make it onto American televison. I wish I could say we too have great neighbors to the north but you won't find a "gate forever open" on our northern doorstep butthat's another story.
I hope everybody has scheduled their time to watch the game Sunday even if you aren't a real hockey fan you might begin to appreciate how much we love the game on this side of the border. I'm thinking weshould all sit down with a few cold ones wherever we are and enjoy it as a community no matter the outcome.It'll probably make forgood conversation when we meet someday.
Go Canada and Good luck USA.
Nep.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Nepper said:
With all the sentiment in this post (and I do share it) can I just hold back from getting too mushy until the hockey game is over? LOL
Racky - I don't mean to nitpick but the proper Canadian spelling of the word is not Eh, it's "aye". Maybe we can send you one of those English to Canadian dictionaries so you won't need a translater the next time you come north to visit. LOL
....................................................................................................................................
Nepper, sounds good to me, But I Lived in Hawaii for 15years and just about everybody starts their sentence with "EH" , Where as Canadians end yer sentenses with "AYE", I didnt know about Y'all's Spellin of the word though, (I Stand Corrected Sir----AYE) , BTW does the English to Canadian Dictionary have a lotta pictures init????, I Really Love Word Picture Books!!! LOL
On another note, I'm looking forward to the U.S.vs Canada hockey game, Hockey to you guys is like football to us, & this up comming game is gonna be like the super bowl
...................................................................................................................................
I hope everybody has scheduled their time to watch the game Sunday even if you aren't a real hockey fan you might begin to appreciate how much we love the game on this side of the border. I'm thinking weshould all sit down with a few cold ones wherever we are and enjoy it as a community no matter the outcome.It'll probably make forgood conversation when we meet someday.
....................................................................................................................................
AND probally some NEW (HEATED-THREADS), I'll start stocking up on Molson-Bud- & Kerrs right away , Good Luck Canada, Its gonna be a good game ta watch!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.