VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
Since the vision is mostly plastic, I use Maguiers ultimate black detailer spray. For the chrome bits, just water and a towel or windex and a towel.

have never washed with water. And she looks really good.

Reactions: Bikesofbrads

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
I've used Honda Spray Cleaner & Polish or their generic brand 'Original' for many years. I spray it on a section of the bike to soften the bugs etc. They use a micro fiber cloth to wipe it followed by a dry micro fiber cloth that brings out the shine. It works perfectly on the paint, chrome, rubber, wheels and the windshield. The bike looks nearly new all these years and miles later. I've given a can to many friends who also swear by it, never at it. It works great on my white bike but the difference it makes on black bikes is amazing. The more you use it the more the bike seems to repel dust etc.

You can spend a lot more money and work a lot harder, but you won't get a better result or a longer lasting one.

The worlds most beautiful gloss pearl white Victory CCT has only ever been washed with a garden hose once. That was after a 2013 rally in Indiana on farm land. It rained all weekend, a lot.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I've used Honda Spray Cleaner & Polish or their generic brand 'Original' for many years. I spray it on a section of the bike to soften the bugs etc. They use a micro fiber cloth to wipe it followed by a dry micro fiber cloth that brings out the shine. It works perfectly on the paint, chrome, rubber, wheels and the windshield. The bike looks nearly new all these years and miles later. I've given a can to many friends who also swear by it, never at it. It works great on my white bike but the difference it makes on black bikes is amazing. The more you use it the more the bike seems to repel dust etc.

You can spend a lot more money and work a lot harder, but you won't get a better result or a longer lasting one.

The worlds most beautiful gloss pearl white Victory CCT has only ever been washed with a garden hose once. That was after a 2013 rally in Indiana on farm land. It rained all weekend, a lot.
@Chattanooga_Mark, @13SicVic ...I asked the same question to a buddy at work when I first bought my Vic and he told me about the honda spray cleaner. I ordered one can and have been using it ever since. Love this stuff.

·
Premium Member
14,192 Posts
@13SicVic ...NEXGEN ceramic....LOVE it...only need quick rinse now and dry with one of those rubber drying towels, can't remember MFG. I use on all my BLACK vehicles, 2 SUV, 1 Trail Boss and 2 VICTORIES:dance:

·
Registered
4,010 Posts
I’m one of the very few that just rides through the automatic car wash, I suggest wearing rain gear while doing so. At regular car wash I spray her down with soap and use my own netted sponge to get the bugs off then use the regular rinse cycle. I don’t use the high pressure on the middle section of bike & when at home I just garden hose & give her a nice old fashioned hand job type of wash. I do dry her with microfiber towels & I use a spray wax made by Dubs ( got at Ollies ) Maguires or whatever I have close. Our bikes ALWAYS dirty though because we spend way more time riding it than cleaning it as god intended

·
Registered
322 Posts
I'm one of the very few that just rides through the automatic car wash, I suggest wearing rain gear while doing so. At regular car wash I spray her down with soap and use my own netted sponge to get the bugs off then use the regular rinse cycle. I don't use the high pressure on the middle section of bike & when at home I just garden hose & give her a nice old fashioned hand job type of wash. I do dry her with microfiber towels & I use a spray wax made by Dubs ( got at Ollies ) Maguires or whatever I have close. Our bikes ALWAYS dirty though because we spend way more time riding it than cleaning it as god intended
The only thing I will add is that I use a leaf blower to get the water out of bolt heads, fins and especially around the spark plugs. She is a rider not a garage queen.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Wind and rain, ...a quick wipe over with detail spray and a microfibre is all mine get.
Wax twice a year.
Rather be riding than cleaning.

·
Premium Member
14,192 Posts
I'm one of the very few that just rides through the automatic car wash, I suggest wearing rain gear while doing so. At regular car wash I spray her down with soap and use my own netted sponge to get the bugs off then use the regular rinse cycle. I don't use the high pressure on the middle section of bike & when at home I just garden hose & give her a nice old fashioned hand job type of wash. I do dry her with microfiber towels & I use a spray wax made by Dubs ( got at Ollies ) Maguires or whatever I have close. Our bikes ALWAYS dirty though because we spend way more time riding it than cleaning it as god intended
@Bikesofbrads ...that HIP job...has you on WAY to many DRUGS, hope your speakers are waterproof while the ROBOT goes around:crackup: Glad you didn't say QUARTER car wash when speaking for real...IF so, where is it....here $2:banghead:

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wind and rain, ...a quick wipe over with detail spray and a microfibre is all mine get.
Wax twice a year.
Rather be riding than cleaning.
Me too but the bike is so bad it's even bothering me.

Going to a bike night on the 6th as a fund raiser for a buddy and don't want anybody writing wash me on the saddle bag

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
  • Meguiars quick detailer for general cleaning.
  • I can't recall what VOG member suggested it a while back but occasionally use Cycle Care Formula B Black and Silver Engine Enhance. The engine looks brand new after the stuff dries.
  • I also don't recall the brand of the chrome polish, and too lazy to go out to the garage, but I spray some on a microfiber towel to use on chrome and stainless steel.
  • I wax her a couple times a year with the same S100 wax I picked up at Randy's Cycle 16 years ago. I'm not even halfway through the jar.
  • During every winter maintenance I take off the tank, bags, fenders, etc. and clean the frame and the underside of the fenders. About 10 years back I spray painted the inside of the fenders with the black truck bed liner stuff. I might redo that in the next year or so.
I still get lots of compliments on the Pin especially when I tell them the bike is 18 years old. The time and effort is worth it!

·
Registered
368 Posts
i've never washed a bike with soap and water in my life...never used a power washer...turtle wax bottled spray and clean and spray and wax, maguire's, mother's and like that...if the bike is particularly buggy like after a trip through a "hatch" i will sometimes use window cleaner to debug it then on with the spray and cleaner with old cotton towels from 40 years of wedded bliss washed and dried without fabric softner...if i have a black bike i use the products made for them...various chrome polishes for chrome but i actually try to avoid shinny black bikes with chrome (first bike)...flat black bike, black or anodized pipes and rims are the deal...liter bikes are the same...occasionally i'll paste wax the forward facing surfaces to make bug removal easier...

i clean my bikes after most rides and always after a long one...nothing sucks like getting up in the a m ready to ride and having to debug first...get up and go...zp...

·
Premium Member
14,192 Posts
Reactions: MagVic CCT

·
Registered
4,010 Posts
My poor dirty bikes, riddle me this please. Many don’t / won’t use water to wash but do / will ride through a monsoon, things that make me say huh

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
So, bought some Honda pro spray cleaner/ wash.
Gently washed and rinsed by hand to get some of the Monsoon dust and munge mix off, applied the spray on a small area (half the fuel tank) and proceeded to wipe with a newly purchased microfiber cloth. Seemed really hard to get it off. The other half of the fuel tank I let dry to a "light haze" per the instructions. Still hard to get all of it off.
What did I do wrong?
Think I'll just go back to hand washing and the Jwax kit and dead t shirts. They've done well by me for a very long time.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Pledge

Reactions: arkvic
1 - 20 of 37 Posts