VOG Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Carbon Automotive exterior
I'm in the process of installing led accent lights and had taken the side panels off and the seat. I found an unused connector next to the air ride stem and another one under the seat at the back. What are they for?

·
Registered
4,229 Posts
Not sure about the other too. Maybe for a bike with reverse?

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Is the other the trunk connect?

·
Registered
838 Posts
It is for the Flux Capacitor.
But be careful, if you plug it in you will be transported back to 1955.

Reactions: IM12STPN

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Is it power? Maybe for a 12vdc jack in the saddle bag.

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
no idea, can't tell what colors the wires are, but looks like pink/violet and blue? Is the evap system powered? Looks like it would plug into the Purge Valve in CA models since the PV mount is right there.

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
Why do you ask? If only because you think they should be connected, then set your mind at ease, not all connectors are used on all bikes.

·
Registered
228 Posts
For fuse box for the 12 V outlet for the trunk and front left pocket in the fairing lower

·
Registered
631 Posts
no idea, can't tell what colors the wires are, but looks like pink/violet and blue? Is the evap system powered? Looks like it would plug into the Purge Valve in CA models since the PV mount is right there.
Ding-ding-ding. Give the man his prize.

Didn't know, I had to look it up.

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Automotive fuel system Automotive design Automotive exhaust

Reactions: FoFo

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
Sometimes people do things that actually make sense. Even Polaris can be accused occasionally.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well thanks for all the input. By the way I found 4 more unused connectors. But I’m almost done with the lights and that’s the main focus.

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
Just 4? There's one in the rear fender for additional power outlet, left side of the tank for adding driving lights, left side cover is the reverse module, the GPS, the XM, trunk, purge valve, heated grips, heated seats, so many open connectors, so few accessories. Oh, I deleted my O2 sensors so there are 2 more. Figure if it's not used, it's not needed but any of the 2-wire connectors are usually either +12V always on or +12V keyed and a ground. (with some exceptions like headlight, turn signals, etc.)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.