VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Soo i called the dealer today to make arrangments to pay for everything and do the financing. I also had to pick the bike cuz they said bothwhere brand new midnight cherry but 1 was darker and i can have either.I also called to maked sure both where scratch free and was told YES.I called to make sure they had the bikes ready and that they had time to go over everything.
I get there 2 1/2 hour ride. and it was snowing to find no one arround. i walked in every department twice. found the bathroom when i came out still noone was arround. went to the parts dept 3rd time to see a young kid poorly dressed ans asked him for the f&i girlJessica (whom i told i was coming in) she comes out and is like oh hi i dont know where the bikes are.
I was thinking wtf i told u i was coming u should have it ready.
soo she gets this pooorly poorlydressed bum looking guy ( the sales man) to come over and he is all confused and says there is 1 in the back garage come on. takes me into this dark garage. to show me the bike color that i have to choose from. turns on 1 dim light and starts smoking a cigarette next to me. P.s. I dont smoke and that stuff stinks and is extremely rude.
I tell him its hard to see and shows me the normal red in the showroom, which had heavy swirls on about 5 panel and where the right bag closed that rear panel was missing a littlepaint from slaming the bag shut.
He says oh come bachk tomorrow the owner will be here.
I said excuse me I made an appointment today letting u know i was driving all the way hear. If there was an issue i should have been informed. I drove 2 1/2 hours not to just be told that.
I tell him this color was great but the condition is unexceptable. Being a General Manager for Harley-Davidson I said I know what I would do, but Im the customer this is you shop, what can u do?
I said btw i come in hear no one is to be found for 15 mins. and u have been talking to me for 25 mins now and I dont even know who u are. He replied oh im the sales man u spoke to on the phone ( ill leave names out)
He calles the owner. The owner said I can either bike or my money back. cuz they gave me the bike at cost. I said to the sales man, I wasnt looking for money off just a solution to get the bike u promised that was in tip top shape as we discussed. He calles the owner again and starts rambiling on ( getting nowhere) I asked to talk to the owner to clarify thing. He was very very nice and undestood my concern. I said all I want was a bike thats not all marked up. and if they can hire a pro to detail it and if that doesnt work can the panels be warranty. I knew for sure the rear panel needed warranty, was hoping the buffing would fix the rest. soo we did the deal with the discloure that i was satisfied or ill be refunded. i also got $500. off coupon on bike and $1000. rebate. the price was good but the dealer sucks. I dont know what to do. I would not have people like this working for me so unprofessional and poor appearance and no manners.

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
Man!!! Red flags all over this story!!! I can't give any advice here - way above my pay grade!! I think I would have gotten my money back & walked - but - that's me. I hope you can get service some-where else!!! Wow!!! Good luck.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
ah man...sorry to hear that. don't know what to say. my dealer in WV treated me like gold and went out of there way to make sure i was totally satisfied.

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
Ok i know you have to make your own decisions, and i have no idea how many dealers you have within that 2 1/2 hour ride, but if it were me, Id demand my money back and tell them they will never see you again and boogie. There are so many wrongs in this story. Also I would have taken that cigarette out of the guys mouth right on the spot and ground it up under my foot.
Were the two screwing around in the back room or something? Gees.
Also i dont know wher the owner lives but if it were my business i would have told you, Ill be there in 15 min, and jumped in my car.
There are bikes out there and dealers willing to go out of their way to help.
Even if you decide to get the bike (One of them) i would never go back to that place again.
In this day and economy it amazes me that people STILL treat people that WANT to give them money this way.

Hope it works out.

·
Registered
12,236 Posts

I would have left with my money. Actually I did for a similar reason when I was trying to purchase from RideNow in Longwood (now out of business). You didn't go to Virginia to buy the bike?

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
I agree they should have been prepared. I dove to NH to look at a vehicles years ago and they couldn't find it. Hugh dealer. They found it in the tire shop getting a tire replaced after about an hour.
Now you did say it was snowing and was eveyone out clearing snow maybe? They should have said so. Also that maybe why they looked poorly dressed?
ALWAYS have them move the vehicle out into the sunlight to look at it. My brother bought a brand new red Cougar back in '68 and picked it up after work in the dark. the next day the sun hit it and it had the industrial ash marks in the paint. He went through hell to get it repainted.
I now in some ares Victory dealers are few and far between. The most important thing is to do your homework ahead of time about the dealers. The dealer you pick will be with you till you sell the bike. Just cause we save a few bucks doesn't make it worth it sometimes.
Hopefully you got the "satisfaction gauranteed" in writing cause here it CT it don't mean chicken poop if it's not in writing.
Then again it seemed you were getting one hell of a deal and it came to light at the dealer and they were hoping to get you to walk to get out of it?
Hope it all works out for you.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts

Apparently you still can opt out, get your deposit back and walk. It's a crime that you may haveneeded to drive at least 10 hours (2.5 each way at least twice to see and close then return to see if what you are buying is correct, not to mention maybe? your original trip to that dealer).
These are the things that Victory needs to know but turns the other cheek and says "that's between you and the dealer".
Hold them to a higher standard on this or it will leave a bad taste with you about Victory.
Good luck.

·
Registered
11,735 Posts
Well, you never did see the good one in the back room pushed out into the light, and took the one with damage. You still have to come back anyhow.

Not to pick at you but you are why he does not have to change the way he does business. You signed up anyhow. You should have walked away.

Is it some national secret who the dealer is. We usually share that stuff to protect others? Sounds like they don't care because they are closing the doors once they reduce inventory.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts

satxron said:
Well, you never did see the good one in the back room pushed out into the light, and took the one with damage. You still have to come back anyhow.

Not to pick at you but you are why he does not have to change the way he does business. You signed up anyhow. You should have walked away.

Is it some national secret who the dealer is. We usually share that stuff to protect others? Sounds like they don't care because they are closing the doors once they reduce inventory.
Ayy...it's NewJoysey...you wanna step outside and discuss dis?

·
Registered
396 Posts

That's a strange place, everything about the initial impression is actually somewhat creepy. (The dead zone).Reminds me of a situation we had here where a 'customer' walked to an automotive shop and wanted his car repaired. This poorly dressed 'bum' approached him just as he was opening the door and asked if he could help him. The customer told him what he wanted done to his car, the bum said he would have to pay up front, cash, machine's broke.. etc. Customer hands over cash and leaves, then the 'bum' who was robbing the place and had tied up the owner in the back, walks off with the money.
What worries me with your situation is if their actions are that mysterious or suspicious, what elsecould be wrong with the bike that youare not able toobviously see on the outside?

·
Registered
11,735 Posts
Now I'm jus sayin cos I love yooz guys.

Bayonne is like a little strip of sanity between chaos and confusion. My family is spread from Haddonfield north to Union.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts

satxron said:

Bayonne is like a little strip of sanity between chaos and confusion. My family is spread from Haddonfield north to Union.
Since you know that area what dealership is within 2.5 hours drive?

·
Registered
657 Posts
There is not doubt about it, there are some very poor dealers out there. When one runs into them, a decision must be made. We all hope it is the correct one. I had a bad experience with one and tried for weeks to work it out. Never did. Fortunately, I have other dealer options for my next transaction. Now it is my joy to try to steer as much business as I can away from the dealer that [email protected]@d me.

·
Registered
4,895 Posts

Wow sorry to hear about that Dealer. If your in Jersey just over the boarder in Suffern NY is a quality dealership where you could expect to be treated fairly.
http://www.locomotionpowersports.com/
Tell em Wolf sent you.
Ride safe

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
stilcrazee said:
satxron said:

Since you know that area what dealership is within 2.5 hours drive?
All of them :)
From Bayonne you could be in Deleware, Mayland, Pennsylvania, New York, Conneticut, Mass and if he drives like me you could add New Hampshire and Virginia...lol

·
Registered
870 Posts
My experiences with dealers which feel not quite right is that they close. Choose one you have confidence in. I have had positive feedback from this forum about the dealer I am about to buy a 2010 Vision from.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

hey guys thanks for all your input. I gave them the money yesterday cuz 2 reasons.
1. it was hard to find the red premium tour
2. the price
I have been soo agravated since i left that i called every dealer in the tristate. found 1 dealer in mineola ny
seem pretty cool i told him the nightmare and he double checked the bike and gave me the same deal. soo i called the **** dealer in PA and asked for a refund. they will send me my check tomorrow. going to NY tomorrow hope this works out.

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
the dealer experience is always more important than the vehicle you're buying. A bad dealer experience can do more damage to the brand than a bad vehicle.

Anyhow it's worth the hassle to get a great deal on a great bike.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

dsjr70 said:
Hey, I like the 109....
Thanks i love that bike i got sooo many pics taken by people and soo many people come up to talk to me. its a real head turner. I had to sell it to buy the new vision premium tour. its still in my garage untill the guy picks it up though. ill miss her

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.