VOG Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These new engine cover sets are now posted on our site and ready for immediate shipping. VOG Member price is only $270.10 in triple show chrome, and $233.10 in black with contrast cut engraving. Custom designs available with your artwork or logo.

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
like the black with the contrast good job. Just not a big flame guy myself but other designs are pretty cool

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

redpin04 said:
like the black with the contrast good job. Just not a big flame guy myself but other designs are pretty cool
Thanks. The black will look similar to this custom wedge cover below that I did for a customer. This is a matte black (20% gloss)but we'll be using a satin black which has a silkier finish and a 40% gloss factor to better blend with all black finishes.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Thanks Redpin04, glad you like the designs, it's really tough settling on finals with so many different themes possible. As for flames, you know as well as I do that any part made like these wihout a flame option is fiscal suicide :eek:). Besides, I am a flame lover, so I alway need a set for my ride anyway! Hey, sometimes it's not always about you guys! ;o) LOL!
And Marty, that's cool, hope you decide to give them a try, as I personally guarantee you will absolutely love the look, fit, finish, and overall quality of them.

·
Registered
153 Posts
These are well executed, my compiments. I posted a while back that my right side stock one lost its sticker which proclaimed "6 speed". I was about to just have the dealer order and install the 6sp placard over the winter, but your post got me thinking. Have you ever done one with a Hammer theme?- (I ride an 07 premium hammer in black with lots of chrome). I am NOT an artist, so I can't suggest anything, but if thereis a discrete theme that you have in mind to use for that side, I am sure that other hammer owners would be interested--- and some others have also lost that same "6speed" sticker that I mention.Any ideas? I am a buyer if you have a clever idea. Besides if I suggest something it will probably very lame--- I am the only guy that doesn't like flames....

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

open1mind said:
These are well executed, my compiments. I posted a while back that my right side stock one lost its sticker which proclaimed "6 speed". I was about to just have the dealer order and install the 6sp placard over the winter, but your post got me thinking. Have you ever done one with a Hammer theme?- (I ride an 07 premium hammer in black with lots of chrome). I am NOT an artist, so I can't suggest anything, but if there is a discrete theme that you have in mind to use for that side, I am sure that other hammer owners would be interested--- and some others have also lost that same "6speed" sticker that I mention. Any ideas? I am a buyer if you have a clever idea. Besides if I suggest something it will probably very lame--- I am the only guy that doesn't like flames....
Well, looks like we've got sometihng in common... an open mind :eek:) .As for the flames, well, we'll just have to agree to disagree on that one!
I can do almost anything you'd want, within the confines of space and detail.
The amount of detail required and the time to design it dictate the custom design charges,ad all custom cover sets requie a $60 setup charge fo the machinist to program and fixtue the parts.

Here's Thor's Hammer, known as Mjolnir, that I did for a custom customer.

Here's another one I was playing around with.

And this is a recent custom design, obviously not yet polished and chromed) to give you an idea of the depth of detail I can achieve. Now when looking at this,keep in mind thi is the small cover,ad still we get killer detial,

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
open1mind said:
probably my computer- but no luck opening your images here, and they sound cool. Is it me?
This was due to the upgrade & problems with moving the photo's. Hopefully cycle-ops will load new pics for you. Or another option is going to their site & searching for the part.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wow, what a bummer seeing all those pics not showing. Nothing I can do as those were on the server. I hope they can be restored. Either way, here are the new black covers and the custom set just received by their loving new owner, the set last mentioned above as in progress. Hope you like 'em.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Just got done placing another order from Will. I don't know how he sleeps at night. I can't wait to put a set on my Cross Country.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Scott, what's sleep? Still here working on the CAD at 10:40 at night. I need a labotomy, I swear. If I didn't love doing this stuff, but it's more fun than sleeping! BTW, the machinist did the custom covers this morning and shipped them earlier today. Should have yours here and off to the chromer as early as Friday, Latest Monday morning. Start getting stoked now... you're gonna love 'em!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.