VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well it happened i was riding down 580 freeway in livermore and made my lane change to exit about a mile up and the bike went in to a wobble and the back wheel just launched out from under me happened so fast i slid what seems like forever .

i am fine bike got trashed my gear saved my hide i am a little sore bruised leg no road rash i am very blessed to be writing this .

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Bikes can be replaced. Glad it was only minor injuries & your gear saved you from more seriousinjuries.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks you all ,yeah my other riding buddys never wear gear i always do they said that was going to change they really thought about it today,

on a funny note see what happens when you got to go help a harley rider out i was on my way to get a part for my friends harley that broke down on our ride yesterday .

·
Registered
1 Posts

I ride the 580 past Livermore and the freeway has some heavily grooved areas and construction zones whichhave caused some front end wandering. I've never had anything close to rear end hop though. I'd be interested in hearing what may have caused it as well.
Glad you're ok and hopefully ready to ride soon.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sorry i forgot to mention there was oil all over the road in that lane from what i was told by a work crew that saw it happen that a truck had dumped oil on the road i did see oil on my tires as the bike laid there in the lane there is no other reason for the bike to lose control that easy it was like sliding on ice it was so slick.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
vegas32 said:
I ride the 580 past Livermore and the freeway has some heavily grooved areas and construction zones whichhave caused some front end wandering. I've never had anything close to rear end hop though. I'd be interested in hearing what may have caused it as well.
Glad you're ok and hopefully ready to ride soon.
yeah i was coming home from livermore hd yesterday and hit some nasty grooves going west bound i hear you on that it sucks.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Glad that you're OK. How fast were you going?

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Wow,thak God you are OK.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Glad yer OK. Don't stop helping those HD riders, they need all the help they can get.

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
Whew! Glad to hear that you're okay.

Yes, it's very easy to shed the gear when the temperature's rise and am glad that you were able to walk away.

·
Registered
156 Posts

WOW!! The Good Lord was watchign over you!!!
Glad you are OK, like others have said!! The bike can be replaced!!

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Wow, I am sorry to hear about this. You bare indeed a lucky man!

·
Registered
6,128 Posts
Wow, Close call....glad to see the other drivers around you were paying attention. Did your helmet take any bumps or scars? If so, make sure you get a new one and include all your gear in your insurance claim.

·
Registered
176 Posts

Sorry to here about your spill, I know from expierence that it can get much worse.
Again glad that you were not injured seriously.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.