VOG Forum banner

well the HD tip overs are no where near as good as the Visions

4267 Views 41 Replies 23 Participants Last post by  Candubrain
don't ask
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
got my eldest daughter to take a couple of photos of the Mrs and I on the new bike. When we were done, I forgot to put down the kickstand.
We just had to be on concrete. Scratches yes, it went down as slowly as my feeble arms would allow.
The chrome highway bar and the sidebag bar are scratched along with the floorboard and minor scuffing on the fairing lower. Going to see if there are some rubber covers to help for the next one, as you just know I'll do it again.
Hmmm. +1 for the Vision.

· Registered
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
OneThumb said:
Remember our conversation Saturday afternoon, about when my heel got hung up on my floorboard.
I'm glad it rained here all day Monday, I stayed in.
I guess you have been waiting for my comment.
You did WHAT?, Oh no, Oh my, Tell me it can't be so.
all of the above postings.
How's the brake lever?
Can you do or use a little of this?

And both Blue to boot also.
Sorry to hear my friend, did your daughter get some goodprescratch photos.
OT
No close ups, picked it up, went for a ride. Then came home and drank half a bottle of Merlot followed by several beers. No Blue, I've been trying the various Micro Beers brewed in Ontario

· Registered
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
marty said:
shiit....What made you go to Harley?
Never really that happy or excited with the Vision since day one. Long story, but if I could do it all again, I would have kept my 97 FLHTC.
It wouldn't handle, brake, or pass a grey hair driving a 68 Rambler American, but I always wore a grin when I was on it.

· Registered
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
scottb said:
Candubrain said:
marty said:
shiit....What made you go to Harley?
Never really that happy or excited with the Vision since day one. Long story, but if I could do it all again, I would have kept my 97 FLHTC.
It wouldn't handle, brake, or pass a grey hair driving a 68 Rambler American, but I always wore a grin when I was on it.
Just curious,did you consider the cross country before going back to aharley.
Never tried any of the new Vics, wasn't interested

· Registered
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
bored76 said:
Found out Saturday how good the tip-over's work on the Cross Roads, just wish I had the bag guards (peeled a little plastic off the bottom of the bag). This was all my fault and at about 10mph on the hi-way. I'm fine, my pride is what hurt the most.
Les:
I think it's time you changed bikes, that's 2 incidents that I'm aware of, bad omen happening here.
Just kidding of course, glad you're Okay, no one ever looks at the bottom.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.