VOG Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to go for a winter ride today. 35 degrees F and the sun shining. Perfect!
Had a great ride but while i was cruisin down the road, cruise control on at about 45 mph. just boppin along listening to Jimmy Buffet on the Xm and all of the sudden the bike burped a little and lurched then again and after the third time in about 10 seconds i took it off cruise and twisted full open for a few seconds. The bike ran fine after that. This never happened before an what i get out of it was i was starting to foul a plug and when i goosed it it cleaned out. It ran fine for the 2 hours after that , that i was out.
Any idea's different than mine?

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
After the hiccup, did you try the Cruise Control again? Did it work properly?

When I read your report, my first thought was the Cruise Control Module might be going bad on you.

But you already know how much I know about mechanical repairs!

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Shawn, Not sure if you know but the previous owner of my bike happens to have the Head in the post above this one LOL Ive had the bike for more miles now than he did so im sure its not a first owner neglect problem.
Its possible that it was water but im going with the plug theory. Once i cleared it it ran fine on and off the cruise for 2 hours.
Andy, the cruise never went off and it worked fine after i went into a store then went on my way again. It acted pretty much how a plug with some crap on it acts, or a motor that starved of fuel for that split second. It didnt die, it just sorta...caughed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.