VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just went out to get some stuff for a bbq tomorrow and got rear ended on the bike. The driver behind me stopped and then he got hit from behind and hit me.
The bike flew about ten feet and then skidded 10 more. I stayed with the bike and hit the ground on my feet as the bike went over on the right side. I was surprised that it was still running, I had to turn it off.
Back end and bags destroyed gas all over the road, I don't know if from the breather or tank itself.
I'm ok but I doubt I will see the bike back any time soon. FUUUCK!

·
Registered
17,909 Posts
Just went out to get some stuff for a bbq tomorrow and got rear ended on the bike. The driver behind me stopped and then he got hit from behind and hit me.
The bike flew about ten feet and then skidded 10 more. I stayed with the bike and hit the ground on my feet as the bike went over on the right side. I was surprised that it was still running, I had to turn it off.
Back end and bags destroyed gas all over the road, I don't know if from the breather or tank itself.
I'm ok but I doubt I will see the bike back any time soon. FUUUCK!
Damn Brother, take a moment and realize you should not be here to tell us the story. I would be heart-broken, but thankful I did not get my skull cracked open on a hood ornament.

I can't speak for everyone, but glad to see your vent and hope they can rebuild the Bike, especially after it has been in your life for over 6 years. I can appreciate as I have vehicles I owned for over 25 years. I would be devastated to lose her.

But, you will ride again and glad you are whole...

·
Registered
213 Posts
Damn. Sorry to hear but at least no serious injury. I'm sure the guy that got rear ended into your bike wasn't happy with the person causing everything either. Sucks when people don't pay attention

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
Glad you are ok!

·
Registered
9,207 Posts
Best part of this is you still in tact. Glad to hear you able to bit#@ about it.

Now. Biggest, baddest, Mo Fo of a Lawyer you can find. I hear something like this and I just boil over. Hanging , wearing an electric chair in a gas chamber in front of a firing squad comes to mind as a suitable punishment for some careless a##hole who hits from behind. But, you handle it your way.

Again, your ok. This is very good.

• Haha
Reactions: VicVisionBulldog

·
Banned
9,422 Posts
...you are blessed to land well, it doesn't take much to have a life changing accident... count your blessings and live to ride another day
- still sorry about what you did lose though

·
Super Moderator
26,092 Posts
Better the bike get torn up than you. Glad you came out well.

·
Registered
9,207 Posts
Hey, keep us up on how it goes. We care. Too bad they wrecked such a priceless collectable. Hard to place a value, but since they are no longer being made and becoming ever increasingly rare, I'd say 50K should help cover it. Let them know to stand by as the necessary upgrades could be a little more.

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Glad you came out of this intact !. But be sure and get checked out, because injuries can show up later.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
To get rear ended on a bike & walk away is amazing!
Don't know what your beliefs are but make a little offering ......
Keep us updated.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Yeah what he said. Getting rear ended on a bike and walking away fairly unscathed is a good day.

·
Premium Member
14,190 Posts
Glad your OK, bike can be fixed/replaced (with another VICTORY of course).
Now, I know what BBQ means here in the south, oh yeah and Texas, BUT what do you BBQ?:angel4:

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for all the kind words, fellas I'm basically ok , maybe a little dazed. But I'm putting on a bbq today ( ribs in the smoker for 8 friends. Luckily my gal is doing everything but the ribs. My insurer has no reporting line after hours or weekends so my scoot is sitting in a tow yard till I can talk to them.
It sucks because we have had a lot of visability and air quality probems due to the catastrophic wild fire situation here, and finally the prevailing winds have given us sunny skys.
There was no reason uther than inattention by the driver causing the accident but thank God I came out ok, I just hope my scoot does, I probably have 8 to 10 grand of custom and motorwork which I would hate to lose if they just pay for a 2011 xc. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

·
Registered
12,815 Posts
Wow thank the Lord brother your with us. Enjoy the BBQ.
Now while everyone is in attendance fall to the ground and yell " my Back" !!

Then get to the hospital. After you've eaten of course.

Then call Goldberg and Rubenstein ....... let me know if you need the #. You will like your new Vic Magnum much better. Lol

Seriously. Glad your good.

Reactions: CPT PYRO

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
Sounds to me like you have the rest of summer and life to enjoy. Being a guy who got an ambo ride from his crash, be happy. If you have your receipts for stuff you installed, shouldn't be to bad with ins. company. They'll make more bikes, they just won't be Victory's. Find a nice garage queen.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.