VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Lone Rider of the Apocolypse
6,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I took the Viz over to the boys at the shop today to give her a once over and to have some Ness passenger boards installed for my honey. While I was there I was snooping around looking at all the Triumphs. Sat on the Bobber again. It was cool. Thought about taking it out. Nah. Sat on a couple of Tigers and this really got my attention, especially the Explorer. Really comfortable and very good looking. Thought about taking this one out, but then I asked myself (again) would I really use this bike in the way it's meant to be used? Nah. Not really.

Then I looked over and saw a couple of Trophy SEs, the Blue one that I rode a few months back (at least I think that was the same one), and a Black one. My eye kept going back to the Black one as something just seemed different about it. So I thought "what the hell, go take a sit". Now you would think that this Trophy would look and feel the same as the one I rode before, right? Well if you thought that, you would be wrong! I have no idea how, what or why, but this bike is as close to perfect as a bike could be. Every appendage lands where it should, It has the bags installed, and it's fantastic!

Wheel Tire Sky Fuel tank Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

Yes, they let me have it for the afternoon! And I am loving it. A lot. So much so that I am having them run the numbers to see what kind of deal I can get if I trade my Spyder for it. No way am I getting rid of the Vision; I am committed to keeping it now. But if I can pull this off, my bike situation would be solved. Of course, "Honey" is not quite aware of what is happening yet. I don't want to start that battle until I have numbers in hand! :box1:

I still cannot figure out why this bike feels so much better than the other one I rode. But hey, I aint complainin! Let's just hope the stars align properly...

·
Registered
634 Posts
Good luck. Not really my style looks wise but I've heard a lot of good about them.

·
6,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@Mikekoz13 Thanks man. I have always been a bit of an odd bird when it comes to bikes. I tend to be attracted to those that are different. And no two ways about it, this Trophy is different! But I really like this thing. It's got everything I could possibly want as far as features go, It's fast and incredibly smooth. That 1200 CC triple puts out a lovely note and yet it's very quiet, which surprisingly I like quite a bit. The radio is great, it has a shaft drive, so no belts or chains to mess with, the brakes are incredible, excellent protection from the elements, rider modes, TC, ABS, heated stuff... this thing just rocks!

I better tone it down, because if the deal doesn't go through... oh well, it doesn't go through! We will see.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
The more miles you put on it the more you will appreciate it especially in the curves.
The Trophy is one of those bikes that just feels "balanced" sitting at a light or cruising at 80/90 on a back road, everything is were it should be.
I'm not a fan of the plastic, closed in engines I really like old school less is more & bikes where the engine is the main focal point.
So the styling isn't for me but everything else rocks.
Hope the numbers come together for you.

Reactions: Ghostrider25

·
6,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@Trout Me too. I took the long way back to the place so I could get one more sample. It's just beautiful. My legs fit right into those indents on the tank and you have this nice feeling of being sort of "In the Bike", not sitting on it per se. My spine angle is such that there is actually pressure being taken off, just like the Motor Cops who ride the BMWs. So you can ride this thing all day easily. The transmission is butter smooth. I cannot get over how light it feels. Acceleration is really nice. And it has a slipper clutch!

·
Registered
12,815 Posts
Sounds like you found a winner. I say go for it !

Reactions: Ghostrider25

·
Registered
7,071 Posts
Good luck! It's a great feeling when you ride a bike and it just feels perfect.

·
Super Moderator
26,093 Posts
It looks nice.

What creature comforts does it have? I see an adjustable windshield.

Why is the antenna on the front like it's a car? Not a big deal but it does make me wonder.

·
Registered
4,555 Posts
The antenna is a go-fast part when added to the front. Same as those supersonic jets and the pointy nose. Something about sound barrier, yada yada yada.

·
6,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
@VicVisionBulldog Dog, the only thing I can figure is that it probably works well in that spot. And it does, man, because the radio is really great. don't even notice it to tell ya the truth. It doesn't move or anything! I was worried it was gonna whip around and be a possible problem but she is very, how do you say, Aero-Dynameek!

As for creature comforts, Let's see... Heated seat (which btw is a comfortable one), heated grips, the afore mentioned great radio, Cruise, incredible mirrors, electronically adjustable wind shield, full ride by wire, user modes, traction control, electronically adjusted suspension, aux. power outlets, pannier stability system, shaft drive, center stand, very adjustable foot controls, really nice pull back bars, adjustable clutch/brake levers, linked abs brakes, slipper clutch, great lighting... I tink that's about it!!

·
6,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Please, stars align. Daddy needs a new bike!
Yes ma'am, Daddy does. :devil3: I appreciate your support! You know, the coolest thing about this is that whether or not things work out with this deal, the Vision isn't going anywhere.

·
6,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You always need a Benchmark...
Yessir. It was again like coming home when I mounted up to ride home. There is nothing like a Vision. But I am hoping to put a great stablemate next to her.

·
Registered
17,909 Posts
Yessir. It was again like coming home when I mounted up to ride home. There is nothing like a Vision. But I am hoping to put a great stablemate next to her.
I keep trying to tell the Bride that variety is the spice of life and I need a Tour Bike of a different breed, next to the Boardy. But she just stares at me and points out the Garage is full of cars and blah, blah, blah...

Do it and I am jealous... You will have Ghostrider's Garage.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Two things come to mind (Great looking bike BTW)
1. Stars are forecast to align on Monday.....gonna blot out the sun no less....Hope that is a sign for you

B. Careful with the variety thing....you may end up with a gardener or pool boy...... ;-)

III. (There's always one more) That's gotta be the only other bike I'd look except for maybe a Motus.

Hope it works out for you.

·
6,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
@RoteBarron Thanks, man. Yeah, the Motus. If I am being totally honest the Motus was the bike I wanted, but they got greedy and priced most of us out of the game. I kinda hate them for that because I feel they misrepresented their intentions. But they are good men and it's their company. So good luck to them. With any luck I will be riding a Triumph instead.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
@Ghostrider25
YOU own a Vic & they stop production in 2017,
YOU look at a Trophy & they stop production in 2017,
Please stay away from the liquor store.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.