Welcome To TheVOG.net Forums | Page 5 | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

Welcome To TheVOG.net Forums

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Andy, May 4, 2008.

1. 1BAGR

1BAGR New Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    2011 Victory Cross ountry

Not exactly sure how to do a new post so I'll try this

Newish to the group.
    After about 6 months of looking, I sold my 2008 Kawi Vulcan 900 and moved up to a 2011 Victory XC. What a difference! This is truly an amazing machine. The only problem is that my son is so comfortable as a passenger, he falls asleep as soon as we hit the highway[​IMG]
    He is missing all the great scenery.
    This year I put on a modified stage 1 kit, some LED driving lights, Garmin GPS, and this winter I will be sending the saddlebag lids to Sidecar Cycles to get a saddlebag lid speaker kit installed.
    This coming May, my buddy and myself are going to do Route 66. I can't wait.
    I'm looking forward to learning lots from the website and to meeting some cool people.

2. Keith Grey

Keith Grey Grouchy Old Member

None

Welcome to the Vog and good luck with that XC. It was a great choice in bikes.

I'm guessing the dealer was all out of Visions, so my condolences. As Ricky Bobby said, "You can't have two Number Ones!"

Psych, welcome and enjoy the ride. Kg

3. mister-g

mister-g Well-Known Member

2014 vision tour

newby here, definitely getting the vibe i came to the right spot. back in the day you were lucky if you knew one guy that could help you with issues on your bike. with a site like this its like you have hundreds of friends who have been there and done that or know someone who has on the same bike you have,,, how cool is that ! it just makes owning any particular bike so much less stressfull and so much more enjoyable through good times and not so good times.looking foward to joining in on the comadery here although i don't have much to offer at this point because i've only driven my babe from the showroom floor 50 mi's or so to storage. just from reading on this site for a week i already feel like i know the bike and its capabilities,,, can't wait for spring to experience it first hand ! thanks already !!! [​IMG]

4. NVTony

NVTony New Member

'12 Victory Cross Country

Hey guys, new to the VOG, I ride '12 XC. I do have a question. Recently I purchased uncorked mufflers from WD and where they connect to the header there is a baffle or something like that right at the end. Just wondering what they are and if they are needed.

5. pinky1712

pinky1712 Member

2012 Victory Hard-ball

Hello all. Just bought a '12 Victory Hard-ball. Rode a '08 Buell 1125R for the past 3 years. Decided it was time for a change. Live up in Rhode Island, so the weather hasn't been the greatest, but it's supposed to be in the 50's this weekend. Hopefully the bike will be ready for pick-up in the next couple of days. If this forum is as good as the Bad Weather Bikers (Buell) forum, I look forward to meeting new people and lots of help with tech questions/problems.

6. Blumtnman

Blumtnman New Member

High Ball

G'day All, Blumtnman here just joined after buying my High Ball. Mature 24/7 rider, never owned a car. From the Blue Mountains of Australia, hope to learn more about the site as I go. Cheers.

7. Daddio

Daddio Well-Known Member

'13 XCT Road-Grime Brown, '09 Buell XB12XT Ulysses, the faster black one

Pinky-- Welcome to the site, from a fellow Badwebber. I kept my Uly, but sold my Harleys and bought a Cross Country Tour.
    Blumtnman-- Welcome from South Dakota, USA. Someday, I want to ride Oz.

8. Dgokid

Dgokid New Member

2013 Victory Vision Tour

Hello. I m a new owner of a 2013 Vision Tour. I am a convert from a 2012 Harley Davidson Electra Glide Classic. Have also ridden the Yamaha Venturer and Stratoliner as well as the Honda Interstate. Only have a little over 300 miles on the Vic but so far so good. I like the increased payload over the other machines. Plenty of power. Limited selection on Exhaust systems though. My wife and I look forward to rolling the mile up. We live in Mesa, Arizona and its a little toasty here now so early morning rides or night rides are the way to go.

9. marchip4

marchip4 Member

Finally got my ness 16" ape hangers, love them. Also installed the witchdoctor nobaffel mufflers, best sounding of all the others out there. On my 2010 X C , I think im finished for now. Ha Ha

10. Major

Major New Member

2013 Victory Vision

Greetings! I purchased a 2013 Vision in March after trying the RG's and Ultra's. Got rid of a sweet 03 FXSTDi to get it, but no looking back! The Vision excels at everything I've thrown at it this summer, and mama loves the comfort and lack of wind. I would still own another Harley for a barebones brawler, but for touring, I don't think their offerings even come close. Looking for some mello v twins sounds and pretty much settled on the WD baffled mufflers and some machine gun tips. Other than that all we need is plenty of gas and cash for motels! After lurking awhile, you all have a slick forum and I look forward to being a member. Happy trails!

11. captnubby

captnubby Member

2013 Highball, 2006 Ultra Classic

This is my 23rd post. I guess I should of started here first. Hello everyone, are there any members close to northwest florida? Pensacola area. I would love to hook up and ride.

12. Traveler

Traveler Active Member

2015 Cross Country

I really like the VOG. You can get help fixing your bike or find a place to buy cool aftermarket part and check out pics of victory motorcycles on the Gallery. So this moring I plug into my computer check out espn, the drudge report my email and the gallery on the VOG. Imanage my surprise when all I can find it prictures of cars? Is this a motorcycle blog or an advertisement one for new cars. You guys need to clean this up or I'm gone and I suspect I not the only motorcycle/Victory lover who feels the same way. What next VOG net dating. Not good.

Traveler

13. Andy

Andy Administrator Staff Member Moderator

1957 Flxible Starliner Bus and a 2014 Marathon Prevost Motorcoach

I'll take the blame/responsibility for this one.

The car photos were uploaded in the gallery to go along with DSJR70's post about the search for his next vehicle. Yes, this is still a motorcycle-oriented social network, but it's also about the people who frequent this site and centers around various topics that could be of interest to riders. Here's a link to that thread:

https://www.thevog.net/forum/thread/21735/the-search-for-a-second-vehicle-the-saga-begins/

And don't worry, there's still thousands of photos of motorcycles in The VOG's Gallery!

14. NJDEVIL

NJDEVIL New Member

2013 cross country

Hello all, I have been lurking for about a month. Just purchased a 2013 XC around a month ago after moving on from a suzuki M109R. Loving this bike and just searching around for cool aftermarket parts. Only mods so far is shorty antennae, lay down plate holder and LR passenger backrest. Looking forward to searching this forum more and getting more involved.

15. Acadian1964

Acadian1964 New Member

2013 Victory Vision Tour
    I just bought my first Victory ( 2013 Vision) and look forward to interacting you all. Thanks, Brian Tomah, Wisconsin