Welcome To TheVOG.net Forums | Page 2 | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

Welcome To TheVOG.net Forums

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Andy, May 4, 2008.

1. tzonoqua

tzonoqua New Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    2008 Vegas
    Greetings from Canada All!! New Vegas in summer of 2010, it felt like a bison between my legs for the first few months then it started to shrink. Within weeks I could throw that beauty all over the place, it handles so fine it feels like it is a tiny bike now! I am so happy I chose this bike, it gets people hanging around it asking questions constantly and the most common statement they say to me is "It is a work of Art". I can't help but agree...... I have put on 1000 miles in the past weekend alone, just exploring the beautiful island that I live on. I feel sad every day when I have to bring it back home and park, until the next day. And this is only a couple of months into the riding season........ By the way, the only other bike I rode was a 250 Honda Rebel, for 3 months in 2005. Then took 5 years to get my Victory. So if anyone is of the diminuitive stature (smaller) and is wondering whether to get such a magnificent bike, go for it. I am only 5'3", it is so easy for a smaller person to handle!

2. Trekwolf164

Trekwolf164 Well-Known Member

Victory Vision,Slingshot
    Welcome to the family. Great looking ride Andy has teaching Videos about using the site if my explaination was unclear

3. tzonoqua

tzonoqua New Member

2008 Vegas
    Thank you, no you were very helpful, thank you. I am new to forums and was looking for a "help" button at the top as could not find anything under search. Perhaps I did not have the correct wording........

4. Andy

Andy Administrator Staff Member Moderator

1957 Flxible Starliner Bus and a 2014 Marathon Prevost Motorcoach
    Go to Videos and there's a section (on the right) for How To Use This Site. [link='https://www.thevog.net/video/category/42-42-42how-to-use-this-site/']https://www.thevog.net/video/category/42-42-42how-to-use-this-site/[/link]

5. tzonoqua

tzonoqua New Member

2008 Vegas
    Thank you Andy, I had thought the video's were just people's postings of their bikes and such, so did not visit there. I have since had a couple of the veterans of this site contact me and point me in that direction. Thanx everyone!

6. acozzoli

acozzoli New Member

2011 cross country
    I have a 2011 cc it has 450 miles on it, It is leaking oil from the head gasket, I think, I can take a pic and maybe someone can tell me if im right. It also has shifting problems, This is my first victory, does anybody else have problems with loud noises when downshifting and problems going into gear. Also when in neutral i can hear the clutch making noises, but when I squeeze the clutch lever, the noise stops, then comes back when I let go of the clutch??? anybody have a clue, or experience that can help me figure this out,, I am going to take it in for the first service, but I want to make sure I know whats wrong with it first, so I dont get told something different. Thanks, by the way I am new on here, this is my first post. and I bought the bike on 7/12/11, so Im pretty new to all of this

7. DonaldTee

DonaldTee New Member

2011 Victory Cross Country
    Just purchased a 2011 Cross Country and dropped in for a visit to discover how to address the need to pull back the handlebars as well as how to install the IPod cables. I've been a rider for eight years of which I have spent most of my time on a Roadstar Midnight Silverado. I would never have given up on this bike, it's a dandy, but I heard too many good things about the Cross Country so I grabbed one.

8. dreesq

dreesq New Member

2011 Arlen Ness Vision #15
    Hello. I own a Harley Softail Springer, but just put a deposit on a 2012 Arlen Ness Vision. Can't wait to get it, but I don't know when it is arriving. Looking forward to posting on this site more.

9. dsjr70

dsjr70 Well-Known Member

08 Vegas Low x 2, Vegas LE # 001, Cross Roads LE # 001, High Ball, Vegas 8-Ball, Cross Country, Vision, Cross Roads
    Welcome and congrats

10. acozzoli

acozzoli New Member

2011 cross country
    Got a call back from the dealership,,, They said it needs a new gasket,,, They did a compression test and it is leaking oil. The head mechanic said he has been working on victorys for seven years and this the second time he has seen this. He says the gasket must have moved during assembly,,, The clutch noise I was talking about is normal, he told me because of the gear drive. I believe what he is saying because he is from victory and works at Arlen Ness, That is where i bought my bike. They said dont worry your bike wont leak, he said there is only eight gaskets on the entire motor, so this leak is pretty rare.

11. acozzoli

acozzoli New Member

2011 cross country
    My luck I guess,,,, I dont care if the wheels fell off, my bike is badass, and I love it,, the best bike I have ever driven. Its still at Arlen Ness I should get it back by next week, I will post pics of the stuff they did, and the new ipod cable to the rear bag, I will update when I have more news.

12. Monark26

Monark26 Active Member

2011 Cross Country (White & Silver), 2013 High-Ball
    Fresh new owner of white & silver Cross Country Hello all..! I just brought home my 2011 Cross Country last week. My other bike is a Honda Gold Wing which I've had since 2003. I wanted something a bit lighter and easier to handle for everyday riding, and so far I have to say the Victory seem to be exactly what I was looking for. The only problem I've having is that I live in Katy Texas and it been hitting 100+ degrees here everyday since I bought the CC. I've been heading out every morning early before it gets too hot and now have almost 500 miles on it, so I will be taking it in for the first check-up real soon. Looking forward to makikng many new friend here and learning all the interesting things you guys have to say.

13. Crazee_Horse

Crazee_Horse New Member

XC
    My name is Dave. I have been riding a Victory for 2 years. My first bike was an 04 Vegas in Orange and Silver. Loved that bike. I had the opportunity to buy a 66 Generator Shovelhead on a 74 FLH frame with a extended wide glide front. It done as a period soft tail chopper. So, I sold the Vegas and bought a bagger. (The salesman bought my Vegas.) The XC is SWEET. Man i love that bike. My brother has an FLH and I LOVE THE XC. Nuf said. Glad to be a part of the group. I am located in SE Virginia. Hope to do some distance events. That's the reason for the XC! 2500 miles since March. I have been laying off the last few weeks due to heat index. The cars, if you were wondering, are my 70 Boss 302 and an 04 Cobra Mustang Mystichrome vert. Fast is good but faster is better!

14. dsjr70

dsjr70 Well-Known Member

08 Vegas Low x 2, Vegas LE # 001, Cross Roads LE # 001, High Ball, Vegas 8-Ball, Cross Country, Vision, Cross Roads
    Welcome and congrats on the CC

15. phoenix9

phoenix9 Well-Known Member

2012 Cross Roads Classic Limited Edition #001
    I've seen the Cross Country...what I really want see are a couple good pics of that '70 Boss 302. ....and, oh yeah, welcome to the VOG! :)