VOG Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2013 xtour has developed a rattle like grinding sound in between shifting at 3000 RPM’s. I checked the heat shields and looked for loose parts, but no luck. Any suggestions??

·
Registered
4,500 Posts

Well based on your sig, you have a ton of things to check.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

OK... The noise sounds like vibratiing metal that is heard from the front of the engine through the fairing. It only occurs at 3000rpms and mostly before switching gears. Cruising at 3000rpms in fifth and 6th gear the same noise will appear, but will go away once under or over the 3000rps. I see many noises like this come into the shop on cars that results in a loose cat shield, but nothing seems to be loose.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

aahhh.... I didn't think to check the skid plate.. Thanks

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

RED_BAGGER YOU ARE THE MAN!!! The rear bracket on the skid plate broke and was causing the noise. I called Witch Doctors and they are sending me another one out today at no cost..... Thanks for everyones help and to Witch Doctors GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE!!

·
Registered
1,181 Posts

TOMMYSTIX said:
RED_BAGGER YOU ARE THE MAN!!! The rear bracket on the skid plate broke and was causing the noise. I called Witch Doctors and they are sending me another one out today at no cost..... Thanks for everyones help and to Witch Doctors GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE!!
Glad you found the problem. I dont have one on my bike butt I have read alot on here about people havivg them brake. And you are right about WD they are great . They take care of every body the way it should be done.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.