VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This weekend DrDarren and myself decided to take a little trip up to Polaris of Gainesville and meet up with the infamous KevinX.
We met up at Volusia Motorsports and met with Andy and the crew there for awhile then off to lunch at Pub 44. After a pretty good lunch we were on the road. We took a nice route through the Ocala National Forest. Along the way Darren got to experience the Central Florida heat and it is allot hotter up here then it is in South Florida. So after we passed the last real store before entering the forest Darren ask me to stop at the next one to get some sunblock. Well we stop at one place and we can't find any so Darren makes the mistake of asking the nice lady behind the counter if they have some. Well she went into some rant that sounded like it might be Pig Latin? So off we went again...
About 20 miles later we come to another convenience store and pull in. We find a small bottle of sunblock go to the counter... $13.00 for a 4oz bottle of sunblock...lol Then the lady ask why we need sunblock if we are on motorcycles? I am just looking puzzled by this comment and Darren responded something. Then he asked if she had any $8.00 bottles of water to go with the sunblock.... It really was entertaining, I wish I could put it to words the way it flowed in conversation.
So back on the road again... Oh and of course no more then one mile from where we stopped was a Publix, Walgreens and Dollar General! Well atleast we werent getting burnt anymore.
So now we get to Gainesville and we pull up to a light. I tell Darren to take the lead because I am not sure where the hotel is. So he ask to pull over at the next gas station so he can get the directions. Down the road we go.... We come to a little Texaco station and bam! Darrens tire goes flat...
Well we get some drinks then take a look at the tire. It's losing air quicker then we can put it in. Now it is about 4:30-5:00. Darren calls POG to see if they can come get him. After a few minutes Kevin calls him back and he is on the way.
Kevin gets there and they load up the bike... Off to POG we go, not entirely how we thought we would finish the last 10 miles of the trip. But heck atleast they were still open.
I wish I had a camera on me but my Vegas is not set up yet so space was limited to my backpack. Their facility is really nice and allot bigger then I expected for the area. We got to meet the Owner and a few other people there and everyone was extremely nice and helpful. They have a great selection of bikes although I didn't see any X'bikes in stock.
Well now it was getting late so we went for dinner. We went to this little BBQ place in Mayberry (sorry forgot the name of the town but that is what it reminds me of). The onion rings were fantastic and we all had their world famous pork chops. Darren and Kevin seemed to really like them, I will hold my opinion until I go back and I will. After the ride, the heat and the onion rings food just didnt seem appetizing to me but the portions were certainly generous.
Even though I had met Kevin in passing before I really wasn't sure what to expect. I really was expecting this arrogant, self centered, holier then thou type of guy. Well, nothing could be further from the truth. Kevin really is a good down to earth guy, hilarious, went out of his way to help a stranded rider out and all around nice guy.
Well even with the excitement it was a fun trip and next time I am up that way I am going to bring my camera...

·
Registered
1,703 Posts

Hey Don, I thought you had a crackberry ?
You know if you left that bottle of Patron at home the camera would have fit, lol.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Don, you stole my fire.
Actually you detailed it better than i ever would have. I would have summed it up in 2 lines probably leaving out all the good stuff.
Anyway, as Don said it, it was a great ride, with lots of experiences. This was my first long trip and although my rear end was a little sore by the time i got home, i would do it again in a heartbeat. I am going to send my receipt to Guinness book of world records since i could almost guarantee you wont find a small bottle of sunblock anywhere else on this earth for that price :(

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OneThumb said:
spider said:
You know if you left that bottle of Patron at home the camera would have fit, lol.
If only he had a KingPin, he would never had left it behind.
But I would have been older and forgot it???? Forgot what???

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

drdarren said:
Don, you stole my fire.
Actually you detailed it better than i ever would have. I would have summed it up in 2 lines probably leaving out all the good stuff.
Anyway, as Don said it, it was a great ride, with lots of experiences. This was my first long trip and although my rear end was a little sore by the time i got home, i would do it again in a heartbeat. I am going to send my receipt to Guinness book of world records since i could almost guarantee you wont find a small bottle of sunblock anywhere else on this earth for that price :(
You aint joking, that along with a tire... It was an expensive weekend for you...

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
dsjr70 said:
spider said:
Hey Skyy!!!! I haven't graduated to Patron yet :)
Sorry bout that, for some reason I remember a bottle of Patron in your posts, I've been wrong once before, just ask my old lady.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
dsjr70 said:
OneThumb said:
spider said:
It's ok Don, my pin would not carry anything more than a vegas would without my saddle bags, you're forgivin ;)

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
spider said:
dsjr70 said:
OneThumb said:
spider said:
It's ok Don, my pin would not carry anything more than a vegas would without my saddle bags, you're forgivin ;)
I had my back pack on and my vest... Darren couldnt believe I wasnt sweating...lol

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

drdarren said:
Don, you stole my fire.
Hey, you did the trip to Key West with us... That had to be about the same distance and on a T-Bird.... So, what was in your tire? Did you ever ask?

·
Registered
6,128 Posts
OK, so Darren runs into a bunch of crazies looking for sunblock and I'm the a$$#### for the way I talked to the front desk clerk at the Days Inn?

:)

Is there something in the water down there in Florida????

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

phoenix9 said:
OK, so Darren runs into a bunch of crazies looking for sunblock and I'm the a$$#### for the way I talked to the front desk clerk at the Days Inn?

NO ROOM FOR YOU!!!! YOU INCONVINENCE ME!!! LOL

·
Registered
6,128 Posts
dsjr70 said:
phoenix9 said:

NO ROOM FOR YOU!!!! YOU INCONVINENCE ME!!! LOL
The best part about his attitude was that he had canceled the only 3 rooms HE HAD BOOKED for the night, and then proceeded to sell us a 1 room suite (and I use that term loosely) for half the price......with employees like that who needs enemies.....the poor owner of that hotel is screwed.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.