VOG Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all Vision Riders!
I've had my 2008 VVTP since I bought it in November ad I'm coming up on my 2nd year aniversary soon. I have to say, this has been the best ride I've owned and have had few issues with it during this time. I do want to pose this question to everyone to see if I'm the lone wolf here on this issue. Let me give a bit of background. While under warranty, the headlight assembly was replaced due to the reflector of the HID becoming unmounted. Since tha time, I have had condensate (moisture) in the Headlight. It has been checked for cracks everywhere in the front and there are none. I aso have the headlight assembly guard in front of it (which I highly recommend as insurance!). I have been to he dealer and they have not been able to get Victory to listen.... well, they may listen, but they don't want to do anything, even though it is under the extended warranty now. I don't ride in the rain, although I occasionally do get caught in a shower, and it is aways garage kept. With all of this, I now have about an inch (yes.... an inch) of water in the headlight assembly and it is beginning to discolor the inside of the assembly.
QUESTION: Has anyone else had this problem, and if so, what has been done to remove the water? OR prevent the water? I'm certainly open to suggestions and sort of taking a 1/4 drill bit to the front of the assembly, I'm at wits end!!!!
Thanks in advance for your input!
VVVET

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks V4, and I've done that - no response except "here's the customer support number at Polaris - let us know what happens" We all know the rest of the story.... kinda like Paul Harvey....

·
Registered
249 Posts
It's a common problem. So is the reflector assembly falling off of the HID bulb. It's been discussed on a couple of the other Victory sites. I'm on my third headlight. The latest thing I've read is that the extended warranty isn't covering it. Best of luck.

·
Registered
4,468 Posts

Mudge said:
It's a common problem. So is the reflector assembly falling off of the HID bulb. It's been discussed on a couple of the other Victory sites. I'm on my third headlight. The latest thing I've read is that the extended warranty isn't covering it. Best of luck.
Mike,Is this limited to only 08? Can't remember is I have seen any 9's or 10's with this issue. Maybe because of the extra years worth of mileage?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Vic has not redesigned the headlight since the original in 08... Some people have no problems at all, others develop white clouding inside the clear lens and still others develop larger cracks that cause the headlight to hold water... I sold my first Vision, 08 tour premium, to a good friend of mine, transferred the 5 year (Polaristar) warranty and they promptly rejected replacing the headlight when my friend took it to the dealer to have it looked at. Keep in mind that Polaristar is not Victory. It's GE. The dealer has to go through a whole different set of hoops to get something paid for by GE. GE (Polaristar) rejected the warranty claim on the headlight sighting "Normal Wear and Tear". We not talking about the HID or halogen lamps inside the headlight here... They are calling the whole headlight assembly a wear item... and a $500 + wear item to boot... makes ya sick, don't it?

WAKE UP VIC CORPORATE!!! And take control of your extended warranty company!!! Not covering an obviously defective headlight assembly is just plain wrong...

·
Registered
249 Posts
F rank; Ive only seen it on 08's, though the headlight design seems the same. My present (3rd) headlight is not leaking as of yet. My fingers are crossed. I'm thinking that, after enough complaints, Victory got on their supplier and told them to fix it, at least I hope so. I'm still getting rainwater in my front turn signals (Vision) and the Extended warranty people told me it's my tough luck. My personal opinion of the extended warranty; save your money.

·
Registered
135 Posts

I had the same problem. Victory DOES replace the headlight assembly.I've the 09 with extended warranty. The main warranty has expired, so the replacement was under the extended.
Water got inside the main housing from heavy rains. Main HID lamp shattered and the left headlamp inop. About one inch of water in housing. The whole assembly plus wiring harnass replaced.
Vince.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.