VOG Forum banner

Water bottles kept where

3K views 23 replies 16 participants last post by  Old-Gramps 
#1 ·
ok you you guys running long-distance on these magnums where are you keeping your water bottles so you can get to them while running down the road . The only thing I've been able to find out there that should work it's from a company called twisted throttle where you can mount bottle holders anywhere on your crash bars if there something else out there I'd sure like to know about it if anyone can help because I can't find anything else on the market that would work .

#2 ·
I have holder on left handle bar...right handle bar phone holder. Both work great:icon_thumleft:

#4 ·
OK so what you guys are saying is you can only hold one bottle of water at a time that's not going to cut it . I've been used to holding 3 to 4 on my Harley ultra all these years with water pouches that connect to my bag rails easy access while you're riding 2 1/2 to 3 hours of running tank to tank with my OL on the back in hot weather one water bottle LOL definitely not going to work . OK appreciate the input I guess I will order the bottle holders from twisted throttle that will either mount on handlebars or crash bars that way I can at least hold two which is the bare minimum I would like to run with just wondering if there was something else out there I haven't come across

#12 ·
  • Haha
Reactions: BoilerMan
#5 ·
i keep mine in my bags, or trunk, or in my barefoot willies cup holder. (speaking of i need to reorder one, when i changed bars it didnt fit anymore.)

#7 ·
How about a hip holster or a camelbak?

#8 ·
@PDXLaserGazer That's not a bad idea but I really don't want anything hanging on me when I'm out rolling on a long day I'm going to try the ones from twisted throttle they're $15 apiece I have a trunk and front and rear crash bars on my magnum they will easily mount to the front of my saddlebags on the crash bars both sides for easy access and they look pretty decent also best thing I've found so far and I've been looking for quite a while they're actually pretty slick you come out I'm handlebars crash bars anything up to inch and a quarter diameter I will just put two on each side in front of my saddlebags and that'll be plenty good to go

#9 ·
I've been contemplating this very thing myself. My plans to go cross-country this summer would demand fresh water availability. Thinking about a 10-Gallon container on the passenger seat with a drinking hose.

Reactions: primethious
#10 ·
Solution found. I think you can substitute water bottles for the wine in this case, if you want to.

#13 ·
I keep mine evenly spaced at gas stations along my route. :hihi: ...sorry, couldn't resist.

I get what you are saying tho. My stops tend to get closer together the hotter the weather gets.

#14 ·
I too keep my water bottle in my saddle bag. I personally have not needed to drink water while driving. I carry a large mouth, 40 oz HYDRO FLASK with a straw lid. It can keep ice solid easily for 8-10 hours, even when the outside temp is 100+ degrees and even higher in the saddle bag. When I gas up at the start of my ride, I go into the gas station convenience store and buy a large, cold bottle of water, fill my water bottle about 2/3 full with ice from the soda dispensing machine then fill the water bottle with my just purchased water. The ice stays solid long enough for me to be able to refill my water bottle with more water multiple times. If I need more water, I'll buy another bottle at the next gas stop and get more ice, if needed, at the same time.

#15 ·
Fill your hydroflask up the night before with ice and water, store in your freezer. I put a frozen water bottle and place both inside a soft collapsable lunch bag and everything stays nice and cold too. This doesn't help the OP much. Sorry.

#19 ·
Though it is not accessible while riding I keep a 64 oz growler in my saddle bag it stainless steel and insulated. I keep it full of ice and water. I drink from it at every fuel stop and most gas station will let you get free ice and water. I used this the past year and it worked great. The time I went to Cali I wish I had it cause I got pretty dehydrated that trip.

#20 ·
I have to have access as im rolling I dont usually stop before 200mi and on a long day rolling thru 90 to 100 deg weather water at fuel stops just not enuff for me or her. Can probably deal with that pretty easily from 5am to noon but after that gets a little ruff noon to 5. Appreciate all the input I guess spoiled with water pouches lashed to my crashbars last 30 plus years lol I,ll manage im sure these holders from twisted throttle somewhat similar to my old set up easy access while rifing and out of the way

#22 ·
You could simply secure a Camelbak or like item to the rear seat. If you run the house correctly it should reach your mouth with issue. You could even secure it to your belt with a retractable reel like used for keys.

Like this.
Amazon.com : SUPER48 Xtreme Duty Retractable Key Holder, 28" Kevlar Cord, 15-20 oz. Retraction Force, 40 keys : Sports & Outdoors

As for the water carrier I was thinking about something simple along these lines.
Amazon.com: CamelBak Pakteen 50 oz Hydration Pack, 76050: Health & Personal Care

#24 ·
I just carry a two litre bottle of frozen water in a wine bottle cooler thing and just refill as needed. but you want to drink as your riding, I just pull over if thirsty and hop off and open the saddle bag and take a sip or five and then get under way again.... Takes all of about 10 mins and if I am traveling then whats the rush....... Enjoy the ride and relax when one likes to. More smiles the mile in that leisurely way I feel......

I just took a ride out west of me, temps reached round 36 to 38 Celsius.... No problem with this setup.....

one fuel stop, about 6 hours all up, had a feed after fuel up and then just ride some more, pulled up once more after the fuel stop as it was now mid afternoon and a wee bit hot, but a sip of water and under way again.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.