VOG Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was 15 miles from home after a nice ride on my Cross Country and suddenly the bike shut off. I pulled to the side of the road, turned the key off and back on and nothing. I lifted the battery cover up and when I moved the positive cable it sparked. Took the front of the chin guard off to expose the battery and found that the smaller red wire that is attached to the positive battery cable had been resting against the edge of the battery box and had worn thru theinsulation. It had actually welded itself to the battery box. I don't know ifthe routing of this wirewas done at the factory or the dealer but after 3600 miles it wore thru the insulation. Fortunately I was riding with a friend who called his son in law who came with a trailer and the bike is home. I think I can fix it but I will be trailering it 90 miles to my dealer for the repair and checking of the fuses and all things electric.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Greetings:
Thanks for the heads up!!
This, check the battery, should be "a must do" for all X-bikes,... unless you want to be stranded someplace. Maybe the dealer should be doing this on the first, 500 mile, service.

Thx again,
mapmaker2

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I found out from a post on this topic that Victory does not ship the bikes with the battery hooked up so it was a dealer mistake to route the red wire as it was. Fortunately no harm was done to the bike. Victory puts a circuitbreaker inline to prevent anything from burning up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.