VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
960 Posts
I'm guessing he means to change out the pump components on themounting plate, etc.

I got the Quantum sitting on a shelf. I had a question about it. Am disappointed to say in spite of 2 attempts to contact them, I've had no response. They were speedy when I was inquiring about purchasing though! Also, there is no installation instructions or company provided video I could find.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Well, guess I'll just send the pump to Rylan. Just added an '06 Hammer to the stable that's Sat for 5 years, got running just to see if it made any expensive noises. Ran fine. Bought it. Yes, l already factored in what the cost will be to get it right again. Figured I'd replace all the rubber bits with silicone and plastic and take care of the pump while l had it apart even though it still works l don't trust it after sitting that long.5Just wanted to know if anyone had actually used one 'cause l know before long Polaris won't stock them so I'm trying to source as much stuff as l can, for the price they're asking l was hopeful. Simple bolt on installation. The fourth biggest lie!

·
Registered
960 Posts
I'm with you on that. I'm im Canada so this is a better option than pump rebuilding for me. There seems to be a handful of pple on here who have installed without issue so it can be done, unfortunately no one has really created a guide.

Btw, my question for Quantum had to do with a plastic piece that comes with each filter. (I bought 3 extras). I saw no purpose for it and didn't see it on their pics of the kit. You'd think they could provide simple instructions to avoid returns.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I understand that a couple of persons have purchased and installed the Quantum pumps on Victory motorcycles but none of them went into detail about the procedure they followed. Maybe an energetic person will document the procedure next time and post it. As for the supplier maybe they just assume that the person purchasing these parts for a fuel pump must have some "skills"?

·
Registered
960 Posts
I understand that a couple of persons have purchased and installed the Quantum pumps on Victory motorcycles but none of them went into detail about the procedure they followed. Maybe an energetic person will document the procedure next time and post it. As for the supplier maybe they just assume that the person purchasing these parts for a fuel pump must have some "skills"?
It has occured to me that maybe they think mechanics are installing these. But my question was pretty easy and quick. Just bad customer service seems to me.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Folks l appreciate the videos. But the question is, "Has anyone used the Walbro or the Quantum pump." I don't have a problem with R&R the pump. I'm pretty sure there will be some mods if l try one of these pumps. That being said I'll try to post pictures of how it goes and how it performs. Think l"'ll probably go with the Walbro pump, filters and regulator for around $130.00. Be awhile to get to it. Stay tuned.

·
Registered
20 Posts
"It has occured to me that maybe they think mechanics are installing these. But my question was pretty easy and quick. Just bad customer service seems to me."

I agree with you. One guy who used their products said they were very helpful on the phone. But their website is very much not customer friendly for the most part. They could likely sell more products if they did make it so and it would help answer a lot of questions many potential customers have.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Found them on ebay. Just type fuel pump for your year and model victory fuel pump, a whole gang of vendors will pop up.
Where are you in AZ? I'm not far from Benson.

·
Registered
4,841 Posts
Folks l appreciate the videos. But the question is, "Has anyone used the Walbro or the Quantum pump." I don't have a problem with R&R the pump. I'm pretty sure there will be some mods if l try one of these pumps. That being said I'll try to post pictures of how it goes and how it performs. Think l"'ll probably go with the Walbro pump, filters and regulator for around $130.00. Be awhile to get to it. Stay tuned.
I used a knife bent (see picture) it is a handy tool to get the pump out ..

View attachment 503707

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
If you look at the Walbro or Quantum fuel pumps you can see they look similar to the stock OEM fuel pump in their mounting bracket.

Once you pull the old one out you simply change out the pump and re-secure it with cable ties.

So simple a caveman can do it. :)

Mine is an '06 has the round access. Bought.the Hammer in Kingman.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.