VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to finally introduce myself to the forum. I put a deposit on a 2009 Victory Cory Ness Jackpot on Monday, and I should be picking it up today..... Hence the Waiting is the Hardest Part. Can't wait to take it out this weekend for some extended rides. Especially since it’s suppose to be great weather.

I've been riding a 2003 Honda Shadow ACE for the past 6 years, and I was debating between the Victory or a 2010 Harley Fat bob CVO. I went to a HD dealership to look a CVO and I have to say I was not impressed with the bike or the dealership. I was in there 40 minutes and not once did a salesman approach me about and questions, but I could see about twelve of them smoking and joking around a cubical. Plus they refused to allow a test drive. When I went to Mom's South, nothing but the best, the dealership even stayed open late to allow me to do some test drives since, we were late to arrive due to a meeting with the priest. I found Chris at Mom's to be a great salesman, and definitely lead with the no pressure sale.

I've been crawling around the site for a while looking mostly at the differences between the 2008 100 inch engine and the 2009 106 inch engine, but after a Demo day at Mom's South (great dealership), I was convinced. I took out a 08 Jackpot, the 09 Ness (big difference in power) and a 09 Ness with swept pipes (couldn't get the smile off my face). After convincing my Fiancé to allow me to purchase the vehicle, I couldn't pass up the deal. Got a decent price on the Ness and they through in $2000 in accessories, so how can you say no with the five year warranty too. So I decided to go with Swept Pipes, Front and Rear LED's and a MBW Plate Relocate (on order). Rear LED and Plate Relocate will be done at the five hundred mile service because they are out of stock.

Looking forward to posting some photo's once I've gotten the call, but I maybe delayed because I just won't want to get off of the bike.

Jim
Loud and Proud Victory Ness Owner

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Congrats on the new scoot. Ride safe & keep her shiny side up!

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Those diamond cut heads are friggin' awesome! My fav. part!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks everybody, I picked up the bike yesterday and it is unbelievable. The ride is great the pipes sound great. Looking forward to some intense riding this weekend after I take care of a couple of family functions with the fiance.

I have to say, all in all a great week. We redid the windows on the house, the siding guys have begun to strip the house for the new siding and best of all I have a new Jackpot to enjoy on this beautiful weekend.

I'm going to try and post a photo or too, I'll admit they kinda suck but I didn't want to leave the bike outside while cedar shingles are being ripped off the house. I'll get some better ones in the sun hopefully today. She's #237 and "Lookin like Heaven".

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Love that bike!! Very nice

·
Registered
399 Posts
OOooooohhhh.That is one drop dead sexy machine. I feel your pain on the wait. I'm having some work done at Lloydz and then I have to wait till Aug to get home from A-Stan to ride it. Damn I hate waiting......

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
PrometheusVII, first off Thank you for your service, and stay safe over there.

I have to say I love the bike and it was definately worth the wait. I took my fiance out for the first time in her life on a bike yesterday. I think I awoke the long dormant biker chick in her. Now she wants to ride everywhere, which is perfect.

Hope everyone is enjoying there Memorial Day up in Mass is a beautiful day to ride.

·
Registered
2 Posts

glad you got yours so soon.
I boughtmy 2009 Cory Ness Jackpot #167, onMarch 31st, 2010and the dealer, Van Wall Equipment in Perry, Iowakept stalling and failing to put parts on a bike they had on the shoowroom for 11 weeks! Just got the bike Wed. the 16th of June....but worth the wait and it is a sweet ride. My Front LED's are still on back order. Got the rears on and went with the 2-1 Bassanti pipes, added a tach and plate holder.
The only thing that is real poor are the rear brakes...........they don't work unless you are less than 5mph or sitting still at a light on a small hill..........
How are your rear brakes??
thanks..............tom, fort dodge iowa
PS son has an 2006 Hammer and I also own a 1955 panhead and 2005 Ultra classic (also have owned 2002 fatboy and 2002 Duce)..........hands down the Victory is the bestbike I have ever owned for power, ease to ride and smile factor and looks like nothing else!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Congrates tdsaab,
That really sucks that you had it ordered and had to wait 11 weeks to pick it up. I don't know how you did it. I would have been going nuts and hounding them everyday, while come to think of it I did hound my dealership everyday for the week I ordered it until I picked it up. This was only because I really wanted to get the bike and get it on the road for Memorial Day.
I'm still waiting to get the rear LED's put on and to get a plate relocator (still back ordered). Hopefully they will be installed soon, I have to schedule my 500 mile service next week, between the thunderstorms and work up here I haven't been able to get out as much as I would like, hopefully this will be changing.
As far as the rear brake, I've noticed that at slow speeds with the clutch held in that the rear tire may be rubbing on the brake ever so slightly but this has only happened twice (other forums have attributed this to brake dust). As far as stopping, I usually use both the rear and front brake (force of habit).
All in all I love the bike, and everyone that has seen it has had nothing but compliments on it, most of these guys are die hard Harley riders. The only complaint I've gotten is from my buddy that rides an Aprilla, and his complaint is my pipes are too loud (but loves the bike), so I'm forced to ride in the back when we are out.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Sounds like you will be replacing the OEM rear pads soon. Mine only lasted 3k miles on the 07KP. Then I replaced them with aftermarket pads....and stopped using the rear so much.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just read all the posts, I have same bike & love it, swept pipes are noisy but thats your mates problem not yours, only issue I have had with brakes ( after 6,000ks) is rear has a tendency to lock up with too much brake, have just adjusted my riding for more front brake & small front tyre doesnt seem to mind a handful of front brake. The locking up also relates to the wide rear tyre when weight transfers forward. Enjoy your bike & chatting to all who want to ask you about it. TC

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.