VOG Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Read the previous posts about ensuring mount hardware was tight and putting taped weights on backside of mirrors. Had not really noticed how bad the vibes were until clocking 680 miles roundtrip Saturday Tulsa to St. Louis.

Anywho, my solution was three-fold.
1. Left side 10mm head screw was 2.5 threads longer than right side. As it was, I could see the hex head moving side-to-side even when torqued down. So added a thick stainless washer to fill the stack gap.
2. Added a 1/2" square piece of Gorilla tape to the area adjacent to locking tab since that section of the mount was the least gripped/secured quadrant.
3. Added three 0.5oz weights to the outboard side of the mirrors plastic backface, stacked vertically.

Stone cold dead.
No vibes.

·
Lone Rider of the Apocolypse
6,677 Posts
Vibrating mirrors are a thing with Visions! I had mine re-attached because they were vibing pretty bad and they did a fine job. But the memory foam thing, that is pretty smart. @vision_nut well done, Sir!

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
I just put memory foam in each corner and no more vibration
I'll be installing some RF T152 speakers in my fairing this weekend. Upon reassembly I will add the foam...thx for the tip!

Reactions: Ghostrider25

·
Registered
417 Posts
****, these mirrors are a dream compared to every other bike I've owned. On sportbikes you just get a REALLY blurry view of your elbows - I think they only put them on to meet federal regulations or something. I guess I haven't even noticed that they vibrate before last week when I put a new set of Cobras on, which made them noticeably more clear. Maybe I'll try some of these solutions to see if they can get even better.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I just put memory foam in each corner and no more vibration
Same here. I used packing foam, the hardish black type foam. It's been in there now for 4 years and has worked great and it was a free and easy fix, as we have plenty of the packing foam at work.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hey thanks for the info, my right side does need securing.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Dang. My stock mirrors are steady at all rpms. I did add handle bar mirrors to give myself a better peripheral rear vision..

·
Super Moderator
26,093 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
OK I'm lost.
You just stick a couple piece of memory foam on the front corners of the mirror?
That's got to look pretty stupid.
Am I not understanding?

·
Registered
417 Posts
OK I'm lost.
You just stick a couple piece of memory foam on the front corners of the mirror?
Am I not understanding?
Shoved behind the mirror glass, between the glass and the cup that the glass is sitting in. So you wouldn't see it since it's behind the glass. That's my read on it, at least - I haven't actually done it, though.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
OK I'm lost.
Am I not understanding?
Just shove it behind the mirror. You can see the edge of the foam sticking out behind mine. I just left it that way so I could grab it easy if I wanted to replace. It's been in there a good three years now with no issues.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.