VOG Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so my while my cousin is busy deciding between a Cross Country or a Street Glide (I think he likes the street glide more, he's a small guy and the SG is a smaller bike)...
The RGU (Road Glide Ultra) comes standard with a CB Radio. WTH? A touring bike with a CB radio, what's that about seriously? Why would you want a CB Radio on a touring bike...
I like both the bikes and thanks to my darling govenor I'm back on furlough so my plans keep getting farther and farther away. I'd be happy that I just have a job, but they want me to get the same work done with less time/money to do it. Anyway...
Both have their own ups and downs, blablablablablablblalablablabalbalblab...
The buttons for the CB are already present on the CB, just add the damn thing. If folks don't want to use, then they can NOT push the buttons...
Anyway, probably just me. So mad about the lack of a black VV tour for 2011. If I can this happen (IF,,, butthead) I'll have to choose between the RED or the Silver and live with it for a while and then get it painted. Or I might be able to find a new old stock CA emission black bike...
Or maybe I'll just lie and say and I needed a replacement motorcycle for my bike being broke down while on vacation (loop holes are good for something)
Anyway, there is no real point to this post, just thinking out loud...

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Wow!! Good luck

·
Grouchy Old Member
7,250 Posts
Nessie044 said:
Squirt:
Arlen's got your huckleberry right here:
http://bikesales.arlenness.com/victory_motorcycle.php
Scroll down to Visions#3 (my personal favorite), #10 and #12. And they're all on sale!
Elk Grove is spittin' distance from Dublin. Just do it, you know you want to.
Squirt,
If you want an unbiased opinion, I'd go with one of those Ocean Blue and Sandstone 2010 Visions, I hear their faster.
On the other hand, if you get tired of any motorcycles color, take a few days and park it in front of Bubba's house. If it don't move for over an hour he paints it black!
***seriously, if I could have waited a few months for an '11 a Vision 8-ball would be a good choice****
KG

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

You guys are a breath of fresh air, seriously, these days I'll take anything that makes me smile. Work has been sucking, and even though my son makes me smile and my wife makes me smile, they don't come to work with me... kind of a bummer, but then agian I wouldn't want to expose my son to this just yet anyway. I want him to be a kid, he'll have the rest of his life to work...
Now, back to business.
Nessie044, Gracias for pointing that out, that's the first time I've seen a hard price on blacking out a Premium tour. $2495, sounds high, but whatever... I'd have to at least 'try' if the blacked out one was glossy back instead of the flat back. I just can't mix flat/glossy. Either looks good, but both (IMO) does not.
I might have to call and ask a question though on the regular premium. They've got all kinds of rebates on that bike, wonder if I could tack on one of those demo discounts to it (doesn't hurt to ask). If they did that I could possible get the bike, the paint, and a payment under $400/month. Of course they will want something that I don't currently have (thanks Arnold, dumba$$) a downpayment.

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
Squirt said:
Of course they will want something that I don't currently have (thanks Arnold, dumba$$) a downpayment.
Well, I hate saying this, but if your looking at a 2010 a smart finance guy at the dealer will sell it to you MSRP and then mess with the numbers so the rebate looks like your downpayment. As far as the demo discount, that one is a little tougher since it is given to you when you physically signup for a demo ride and it has to be used rather quickly. Also, that is for accesssories unless you have a larger volumn dealer that can afford to give you the cash off then bring the parts into his stock.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Personally I like the Road Glide Ultra, and IF I had to have another Harley it would be one of those. I have always liked the fairing on the RoadGlide, it's nice seeing Harley step "out of the box" if only in fairing. Ask yourself what bike moves your soul? They are both great bikes and it comes down to personal choice. The Harleys are wonderful, but when you're riding 'with' them on a Vision, YOU are the one getting noticed because 'everyone' has seen a Harley before, the only difference is paint color and chrome accessories. Do you want to be a leader or a follower? Myself, I am a bit of a "Rebel".

·
Registered
176 Posts
I don't know that Harley is stepping out of the box that much with the Road Glide, they have been making that fairing since 1980. I had an 80 FLT which was about the same thing except a smaller motor and chain drive.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts

says dsjr70:
"As far as the demo discount, that one is a little tougher since it is given to you when you physically signup for a demo ride and it has to be used rather quickly. Also, that is for accesssories unless you have a larger volumn dealer that can afford to give you the cash off then bring the parts into his stock."
----------
I saw this somewhere - I don't remember where, but you can look up the dealer. This was the first time I saw some $ details on the Demo Fuel-It deals....FWIW
"2011 models on Monday August 23, Tuesday August 24, and Wednesday August 25. Plus, as an added bonus for demo rides, Victory will also give our customers, who complete a demo ride, a $1,000 coupon to put toward a new purchase of a Victory. Make sure to mark your calendars and stop by Motor-Vation for a demo and a $1,000 coupon."
eta moya dva rubles

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.