VOG Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1) When I fill up the gas tank to the rim and wait a while/burp it to make sure it is full, the gas gauge almost goes to the full line but falls just short.

2) When the gas light comes on I still have a gallon and a half of gas in the tank.

Is that what everyone else is seeing? Can the gas gauge be adjusted to read higher on a full tank so the light comes on at the 1 or half gallon point?

not a big deal, just curious.

·
Registered
26 Posts
That is the same as I have seen, 6900 miles and I have never seen it touch the full mark.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Mine does the same thing, only the light comes on about 3/4 gallon or less.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Mine does the same thing. I was on a trip in CA and when I went to refuel it took 5.98 gallons (converted from litres of course). I was running on fumes. Goes to Fuel light right about 1.0 gallons

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
the Cross Country gauge is just as bad. I normally get around 180-190 a tank and seldom can squeeze in over 4 gallons.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I found that if you fill it as it sits on the kick stand to the top then just lift it straight and back down on the stand you can get more fuel in the tank mine always reaches the full or above mark. but every bike could be different. 08 vision

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Same here.seems I always have more than a gallon left when the light comes on no big deal for me,means I'll be stopping and answering peoples questions about the cool Harley

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.