VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hay andy am i missing something or is there no vog tshirts for sale would be nice to have a couple so if you go out to a big event all you would have to look for are the vog shirts ?? thanks

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
AAAGGHHHH!!!! I don't have room for any more T-shirts, My wife makes me ask for permission to add to the collection.

But, I'm will to beg so that I can get a VOG shirt

+1 for me too

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
Honest Answer Time...

Yes, I'd love to offer you T-Shirts and other VOG Merchandise, but there are a few problems:

I had some nice things planned, but with all the aggravation from the Factory, it became a project that was moved to the back burner.

Since shirts are not a one size fits all thing, and, yes I know, everyone wants specific colors. When I started looking seriously at it, to print and inventory all the various sizes and colors, it would be a logistical nightmare. More importantly though, I want to make sure that if and when I ever offer anything for sale, that nobody would get the impression that I'm just trying to make a quick buck off of the VOG Members. That's important to me as that's what this site is about...just riding and making friends. I never want a VOG Member to feel that I'm looking for ways to separate you from your money. That's what we're all about.

OneThumb had a great idea and let me pass this by you:

How about I print up Iron-On Transfers...possibly in different sizes for the front and back? If I did this and Gave them away for Free, would you be willing to send self-addressed stamped envelopes for the return shipment? This would speed up the process of getting them back to you.

Please remember, I attempt to be a man of my word and when I started this site, some were very aprehensive about this site and was wondering what's the "Catch?" As you've learned, there is no catch. Just a fun site designed by someone who enjoys riding great bikes as much as you do. And, from someone who felt that riders of Victory bikes deserved a better, state of the art website to hang out. In fact, not just a website, but our own, private Socail Network.

Thoughts on this one?

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
P.S. I can only bet that now that this plan has been published, you'll see others attempt to knock-off our (well, really OneThumb's) idea. I guess time will tell...but you saw it here FIRST!!!

Let me know if you think the Iron On/Self Addressed, Stamped Envelope is a good idea and if was free, would you use them?

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
onerider said:
That sounds great! Maybe we could start a voluntary donation fund to help out with this type of idea? Sign me up Andy!
No, please...no donations!!!!

If the Members like the Self Addressed Stamped Envelope (SASE) Idea, then that's all that will be needed. So again, NO DONATIONS, please!!!

Possibly in the near future, we'll adopt a Charity and anyone who would like to make donations can do so directly to that specific organization. Personally, I'm a Dog person and I'm thinking about maybe connecting with an Animal Rescue Organization. IF we go this route, we can call it...

The VOG Dogs!

Here's one of my kids...

He also has a job. He's the Director of Security here at The VOG. It doesn't pay well, but he's happy!

·
Registered
807 Posts

It seems to me (and I'm nottrying to benosy here) that without membership fees, and minimal advertising, and zero recognition from Victory, that accepting no donations for these transfers is going far past the "above and beyond" service you're already providing. The site is one of two that I check daily because of the quality of both the site and the people.
But I'd certainly want the transfers, and am quite willing to pay for them

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
Dimonback said:
It seems to me (and I'm nottrying to benosy here) that without membership fees, and minimal advertising, and zero recognition from Victory, that accepting no donations for these transfers is going far past the "above and beyond" service you're already providing. The site is one of two that I check daily because of the quality of both the site and the people.
But I'd certainly want the transfers, and am quite willing to pay for them
Thanks for the offers to assist, but I'll stick to the original theme of The VOG being a FREE site for the Members. Simply stated, I never want the VOG Members to ever feel that I'm trying to make a buck off of those who support this site. That's just not what this site is about.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts

Andy said:
Honest Answer Time...

Yes, I'd love to offer you T-Shirts and other VOG Merchandise, but there are a few problems:

I had some nice things planned, but with all the aggravation from the Factory, it became a project that was moved to the back burner.

Since shirts are not a one size fits all thing, and, yes I know, everyone wants specific colors. When I started looking seriously at it, to print and inventory all the various sizes and colors, it would be a logistical nightmare. More importantly though, I want to make sure that if and when I ever offer anything for sale, that nobody would get the impression that I'm just trying to make a quick buck off of the VOG Members. That's important to me as that's what this site is about...just riding and making friends. I never want a VOG Member to feel that I'm looking for ways to separate you from your money. That's what we're all about.

OneThumb had a great idea and let me pass this by you:

How about I print up Iron-On Transfers...possibly in different sizes for the front and back? If I did this and Gave them away for Free, would you be willing to send self-addressed stamped envelopes for the return shipment? This would speed up the process of getting them back to you.

Please remember, I attempt to be a man of my word and when I started this site, some were very aprehensive about this site and was wondering what's the "Catch?" As you've learned, there is no catch. Just a fun site designed by someone who enjoys riding great bikes as much as you do. And, from someone who felt that riders of Victory bikes deserved a better, state of the art website to hang out. In fact, not just a website, but our own, private Socail Network.

Thoughts on this one?
Andy, http://www.cafepress.com/ is a good option. You can upload graphics and assign them to different products such as shirts, hats, mugs, dog shirts, kids clothes, thong(yes I said thong) etc. The quality is fairly decent and you don't have to manage orders, shipping etc. They print and ship them directly to the buyer. You can sell at cost or markup and they will send you commision checks for sales.
I am in the process of doing it for my riding club. I have used them before for a woodworking website that I co-moderated and we were pretty happy with the results.

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
ZZedmonds said:
Andy, http://www.cafepress.com/ is a good option. You can upload graphics and assign them to different products such as shirts, hats, mugs, dog shirts, kids clothes, thong(yes I said thong) etc. The quality is fairly decent and you don't have to manage orders, shipping etc. They print and ship them directly to the buyer. You can sell at cost or markup and they will send you commision checks for sales.
This is a great idea!!!

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
dsjr70 said:
ZZedmonds said:
This is a great idea!!! yes i like this then it would not cost andy any money and one more thing he would not have to worry about now i think andy needs to come up with a logo for the front and back of the shirts since this great sit is his brain child ?? but just don't offer thongs because no i can't go there !!

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.