VOG Forum banner

VOG Front Page Photos - Input Please?

2K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  Clubford00 
#1 ·
As many of you already know, this site was built with the Member/User in mind. With that said, I truly value your input on how we run this site. With that said, here's a question:

How often should we update the rotating images on the front page? As many of you saw, in the spirit of April Fools Day fun, we put up some junky photos for most of the day today. Those have now been replaced with a new batch of photos. While this does require time, if you like it, it's time well spent.

So here's my question to you:

How often should we replace the the front pages images? Weekly, bi-weekly, monthly? Whatever?

Input is appreciated as those of us behind the scenes greatly appreciate your support of The VOG. We strive to make this a place where you enjoy haning out.

Andy

#7 ·
Could your programer not set it to randomly and cotinuouslychoose photos from the main gallery making it somewhat self updating changing as new photos are added.

#8 ·
bobbyg said:
Could your programer not set it to randomly and cotinuouslychoose photos from the main gallery making it somewhat self updating changing as new photos are added.
Yes, but there's also a major downside to that as there are some photos in the gallery that may not be suitable for the front page. Good thought though. Keep 'em coming.

#10 ·

Andy,
If there are some photos that are not suitable for the front pagewould it be possible to divide the photos that are suitable into a seperate internal folderor location? That way the system would only be pulling photos that are more "mainstream".

#13 ·
bernomad said:
dsjr70 said:
Yeeaaaah!!!
I made the front page!!
...and presumably without committing a crime!
I don't think the Bottle of Skyy would agree with that statement. In fact, it's taking the Fifth...

Get it? The Fifth!!!! (I didn't think that Taking the Litre (or liter) would have the same impact. For those who live out of the USA, that's a double entendre...as taking the 5th means the 5th Ammendment...the right not to incriminate ones self. Okay, back to the show...

Sorry, my attempt at lame humor!

As a test, can you find the bottle of Skyy in this picture? It's kind of like, Where's Waldo!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.