VMR goers Never heard of VoG | Page 3 | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

VMR goers Never heard of VoG

Discussion in 'Victory General Discussion' started by notaharley, Aug 24, 2020.

1. mdhall41

mdhall41 Well-Known Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    2012 Victory Vision
    OK, I'm probably guilty of 5 and 7... definately 1, however my kids are younger, I have way too many hobbies, and I ride all year. Guess that's a wash... LOL

2. 13SicVic

13SicVic Well-Known Member

2013 Victory Cross Country
    ok. If being a member is required to attend it is understandable why it isn’t advertised outside the club.

it seems to me that in order to keep this club alive though, local chapters would be encouraged to recruit from the limited number of Vic owners hanging onto their bikes. I’m no genius but the numbers of us are only dwindling over time So they are a dying club. Without active recruitment they are going to be gone sooner.

just a thought.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Captcupcake

Captcupcake Member

2010 Victory Cross Country & 2017 Victory Highball
    1st, and foremost...you don't need to be a member of the VMC to attend this or any rally. You will however pay an additional fee for not being a member to attend. 2nd, there more than likely is a form of recruitment at the event, as it is encouraged to join the VMC and save any additional fees at registration for said event. I am also pretty sure there has been plenty of gab about this event on various Facebook pages. I don't Facebook, so not positive about this.
    I agree that the VMC must do better to make ALL Victory owners aware that there is a club that still has a presence Worldwide.

4. IndyVictory

IndyVictory Well-Known Member

2012 Victory Cross Country Tour
    Never once cared about a club. Got a circle of biker friends I'll hang out with but we live in different states. We all met because of another forum I'm on but that's as close to club as we get most not on there anymore.

5. 13SicVic

I’m not looking for anything that resembles a 1% er club or A bunch of rules or meetings, just a larger group of Victory riders.
    If the VMC resembled that it may be for me but if it doesn’t then so be it. I suppose I’d have to go to a meeting cold turkey to see.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Bikesofbrads

Bikesofbrads Well-Known Member

2015 victory xct & 06 katana
    I’m with U sicvic, I’m far from a 1%er, paying stupid high membership fees & having to do tons of meetings. But I’m a bike/ car guy through n through & just luv checking out others rides while eating some good food & enjoy Having conversations with others like us so I hope can go to a Vic rally someday. Be cool to C & talk face 2 face with other Vic people even if is 6ft apart hahaha

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Captcupcake

Captcupcake Member

2010 Victory Cross Country & 2017 Victory Highball
    For those who are not sure about the VMC, it is in NO WAY a 1% club. Started in the very early days of Victory, Just a group of Victory Enthusiasts who needed ways of communication for an up and coming motorcycle brand. Where to find this or you should try that kinda stuff. Quickly evolved into a coast to coast family friendly group with meet ups or ride to theres. Early rallies included a "meet in the middle" type gathering in the middle of the US. There were and still are regional rallies that bring together many Victory riders for rides, food, & conversation. These rallies are where you will meet fellow Victory riders and believe it or not make friends that will last a life time.
    Check out the VMC at www.thevmc.com 1st year dues for a full membership are $20 and yearly renewal is $13. Like anything in life, you get what you put in.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. don07tncav

don07tncav Active Member

Two 2009 Victory Visions and 1975 RE5 Suzuki
    Yep, if you want to attend chapter meets great, if not great. That's up to you I joined because I like riding with other Vic guys once in a while but am an unsociable usually and would rather take long trips without being with a group.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. 13SicVic

Yeah, group rides where the lead guy wants to drone down the highway like it’s his first time out of the retirement home is not for me.
    Sometimes I gotta “just go” and I don’t need some guy with a title over his name telling me to get back in line.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. zebber

zebber Active Member

2016 Magnum, 2008 Vision Tour
    I stand corrected , you are right , you don't have to be member to attend just pay an extra fee. Thanks for the correction.

• Like Like x 1