VOG Forum banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
It's like a secret society, if you attend the rally in TN you are either

1) accepted into the club and given access to the regional events schedule

OR

2) They determine you unworthy, you are killed and your bike is sold to fund further events

·
Registered
6,671 Posts
It's like a secret society, if you attend the rally in TN you are either

1) accepted into the club and given access to the regional events schedule

OR

2) They determine you unworthy, you are killed and your bike is sold to fund further events
Wow! A Victory-only outlaw club! Who da known?

• Haha
Reactions: 13SicVic

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
The majority of Victory riders don't know about the VOG because they are out riding.

The only ones that ended up here regularly are those who:
1) had a mod we wanted to do and were looking for instructions.
2) had a minor problem and were searching for help
3) live in an area with long winters and found this just trying to stave off cabin fever
4) live in an area that's so hot in the summer time we can't ride. (see #3)
5) just spend waaaaaay too much time on the internet.
6) nothing better to do. Older, kids are gone, everything in the house is fixed, no hobbies, people are a$$holes, no Cantina to go to.
7) nobody else interested in what I have to say most of the time anyway.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
It's true and comes up on other forums that I'm on. Large majority of people online go online searching when they have problems. Probably half or more of the total owners of a bike, car, etc never bother with forums and are happy with stock rides.

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
So true, Only time I ever do online stuff for our cars is when I need educated on an unusual repair. Deff ain’t a member of F150 or Maxima forums. Were if had a collector car or something special though, like a C9 Vette!!!!!!! 99% of cars are boring but when ya gotta sweet a$$ Vic U must seek others that truly understand ur excited!!!! I’ve seeen 2 other CCT’s in last two weeks out n the wild 1 red 1 bronze. Was awesome

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
So true, Only time I ever do online stuff for our cars is when I need educated on an unusual repair. Deff ain't a member of F150 or Maxima forums. Were if had a collector car or something special though, like a C9 Vette!!!!!!! 99% of cars are boring but when ya gotta sweet a$$ Vic U must seek others that truly understand ur excited!!!! I've seeen 2 other CCT's in last two weeks out n the wild 1 red 1 bronze. Was awesome
Guess I won't see you on the F150 forum then. Haha

• Haha
Reactions: Bikesofbrads

·
Registered
203 Posts
Had to cancel the rally. My state gave tough restrictions and my dad died of covid a week before. I guess it didn't sit well considering people arriving from hot states and Sturgis people got infected due to arrogance.

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
That sux, H8 it for all the people that R already riding that way now. At least is still all those awesome roads, good food & places to sleep so won’t all be for nothing. Would still suck to ride 800 miles to an empty parking lot though. BUT we ride distance because we LUV the RIDE, that’s the whole point anyway.... the ride.

·
Registered
275 Posts
You have to be a member of the VMC to attend the National Meet in Johnson City. I had to pay a fee to attend the Marietta meet but that included lunch and dinner ( which was very nice) , a meet t shirt and patch. Also a big hotel discount. Here is the info about the rally from the VMC member websit. Also there were a bunch of tuners and vendors there to sell parts ,accessories , install cams, exhaust dyno tune, etc.Kevin X was there all three days doing cam installs and dyno tunes. WitchDoctors was there and several others.
Font Logo Graphics Rectangle Brand

·
Registered
528 Posts
The majority of Victory riders don't know about the VOG because they are out riding.

The only ones that ended up here regularly are those who:
1) had a mod we wanted to do and were looking for instructions.
2) had a minor problem and were searching for help
3) live in an area with long winters and found this just trying to stave off cabin fever
4) live in an area that's so hot in the summer time we can't ride. (see #3)
5) just spend waaaaaay too much time on the internet.
6) nothing better to do. Older, kids are gone, everything in the house is fixed, no hobbies, people are a$$holes, no Cantina to go to.
7) nobody else interested in what I have to say most of the time anyway.

OK, I'm probably guilty of 5 and 7... definately 1, however my kids are younger, I have way too many hobbies, and I ride all year. Guess that's a wash... LOL

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
You have to be a member of the VMC to attend the National Meet in Johnson City. I had to pay a fee to attend the Marietta meet but that included lunch and dinner ( which was very nice) , a meet t shirt and patch. Also a big hotel discount. Here is the info about the rally from the VMC member websit. Also there were a bunch of tuners and vendors there to sell parts ,accessories , install cams, exhaust dyno tune, etc.Kevin X was there all three days doing cam installs and dyno tunes. WitchDoctors was there and several others.
View attachment 562441
ok. If being a member is required to attend it is understandable why it isn't advertised outside the club.

it seems to me that in order to keep this club alive though, local chapters would be encouraged to recruit from the limited number of Vic owners hanging onto their bikes. I'm no genius but the numbers of us are only dwindling over time So they are a dying club. Without active recruitment they are going to be gone sooner.

just a thought.

·
Registered
53 Posts
1st, and foremost...you don't need to be a member of the VMC to attend this or any rally. You will however pay an additional fee for not being a member to attend. 2nd, there more than likely is a form of recruitment at the event, as it is encouraged to join the VMC and save any additional fees at registration for said event. I am also pretty sure there has been plenty of gab about this event on various Facebook pages. I don't Facebook, so not positive about this.
I agree that the VMC must do better to make ALL Victory owners aware that there is a club that still has a presence Worldwide.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Never once cared about a club. Got a circle of biker friends I'll hang out with but we live in different states. We all met because of another forum I'm on but that's as close to club as we get most not on there anymore.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Never once cared about a club. Got a circle of biker friends I'll hang out with but we live in different states. We all met because of another forum I'm on but that's as close to club as we get most not on there anymore.
I'm not looking for anything that resembles a 1% er club or A bunch of rules or meetings, just a larger group of Victory riders.
If the VMC resembled that it may be for me but if it doesn't then so be it. I suppose I'd have to go to a meeting cold turkey to see.

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
I’m with U sicvic, I’m far from a 1%er, paying stupid high membership fees & having to do tons of meetings. But I’m a bike/ car guy through n through & just luv checking out others rides while eating some good food & enjoy Having conversations with others like us so I hope can go to a Vic rally someday. Be cool to C & talk face 2 face with other Vic people even if is 6ft apart hahaha

·
Registered
53 Posts
For those who are not sure about the VMC, it is in NO WAY a 1% club. Started in the very early days of Victory, Just a group of Victory Enthusiasts who needed ways of communication for an up and coming motorcycle brand. Where to find this or you should try that kinda stuff. Quickly evolved into a coast to coast family friendly group with meet ups or ride to theres. Early rallies included a "meet in the middle" type gathering in the middle of the US. There were and still are regional rallies that bring together many Victory riders for rides, food, & conversation. These rallies are where you will meet fellow Victory riders and believe it or not make friends that will last a life time.
Check out the VMC at www.thevmc.com 1st year dues for a full membership are $20 and yearly renewal is $13. Like anything in life, you get what you put in.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Yep, if you want to attend chapter meets great, if not great. That's up to you I joined because I like riding with other Vic guys once in a while but am an unsociable usually and would rather take long trips without being with a group.

Reactions: Bikesofbrads

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Yep, if you want to attend chapter meets great, if not great. That's up to you I joined because I like riding with other Vic guys once in a while but am an unsociable usually and would rather take long trips without being with a group.
Yeah, group rides where the lead guy wants to drone down the highway like it's his first time out of the retirement home is not for me.
Sometimes I gotta "just go" and I don't need some guy with a title over his name telling me to get back in line.

·
Registered
275 Posts
1st, and foremost...you don't need to be a member of the VMC to attend this or any rally. You will however pay an additional fee for not being a member to attend. 2nd, there more than likely is a form of recruitment at the event, as it is encouraged to join the VMC and save any additional fees at registration for said event. I am also pretty sure there has been plenty of gab about this event on various Facebook pages. I don't Facebook, so not positive about this.
I agree that the VMC must do better to make ALL Victory owners aware that there is a club that still has a presence Worldwide.
I stand corrected , you are right , you don't have to be member to attend just pay an extra fee. Thanks for the correction.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.