VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow looked on Ebay today and what did I see, a 2009 Vision Anniversary!
Number 009 with only 400 miles.
Price just $48999.00
Now I'm speechless...................

·
Registered
144 Posts

Thats me. Really just to see what I hear. I listed it for enough that I will not sell it unless someone really wants it bad.
Really just out of couriosity.
It will be interesting to see what people say about it. But what the heck. It only cost .60 cents to list it and see.

·
Registered
256 Posts
mdhass said:
Thats me. Really just to see what I hear. I listed it for enough that I will not sell it unless someone really wants it bad.
Really just out of couriosity.
It will be interesting to see what people say about it. But what the heck. It only cost .60 cents to list it and see.
Could that bite you in the ass if no one bids or everyone bids a low amount?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'd be scared it would sell. I wouldn't part with mine for any amount of money. Once it's gone you might not ever be able to get one back after you realize what a mistake you made selling it.

·
Registered
256 Posts

Its getting a lot of attention on the forums. I wouldn't catagorize it as all positive. Ioffer no opinions or judgements, its your bike to do with as you please.
I have to agree with Jason. No way I am going through all this just to sell it. My wife would kill me even if I mentioned it.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Ok, I added a reserve price, added another $10,000 to it, but I'm still kind of worried. I just listed it on a whim just to see. But now I am worried it might sell. I don't really want to part with it.

·
Registered
256 Posts

That GPS color must have really warped your brain.
Ok that was a judgement... said I wasn't going to offer a judgement then I went and did it. Shame on me... sends myself to time out for three replies. sniff sniff

·
Registered
144 Posts

Actually the GPS color really doesn't bother me. I just listed it to see what would happen. Your judgements are fine, no need to gotime out.
I really don't think it will get a bid. I have found that most ebay users want to pay half what it is worth, not twice what it cost. I will probably just get a lot of ebay messages with coments like, "You are asking way too much", "Thats too much", "Is your starting bid a typo" etc. etc. etc...
I saw on another topic that a dealer has one for sale and it says call for price. I think I will call them just to see what they want for theirs.
Its all just in fun. Unless of course someone actually bids high enough to buy it.

·
Registered
144 Posts

kaydee said:
I find it pathetic to list a new 10th Anniversary Edition Vision for sale when you have no intention of selling it or if you did for such a ridiculous price!If you had no intention of keeping it, why did you bid on one?There were so many of us that would have liked to got our hands on one of those beauties!! Please don't disgrace the rest of us Victory Riders with such behavior!!
No need to get all worked up. I love the bike and don't want to sell it, but if I can get twice what I paid then I will.
No disgrace intended.

·
Registered
256 Posts

mdhass, I think the point they are trying to make is that there were many people out there that would have liked to purchase a anniversary model to actually keep it and enjoy it. For one reason or another they missed out on the opportunity.
With you putting yours on e-bay, (even without the true intention of seeling it) it gives the impression you were only in it for the money and too F-ing bad for the rest of you poor suckers. While I am sure this isn't your intention, there is that perception. Now the money may be more important to you and your family and if thats the case hopefully no one will fault you for that. Sometimes we have to make the hard choices in life. If it is only profiteering for the moneys sake it will surely leave a sour taste in the mouths of those who didn't get one. (just saying)
That being said, you can do with it whatever you want and while I may think your a bit nutty I'll still sit down and have a cold one (root beer, since I don't drink) with you. I may poke fun at you the whole time but in the end its just a bike. I won't loose any sleep over it.

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts

Personally, I think this isagood experiment and could be a learning experience for all of us. Supposed you do get the full price...that raises the value for all Anniversary owners. Imagine having a bike that is already worth $20K more than the retail price? Or, possibly someone wants to to Buy It Now and pay the full price? Why is that a bad thing? Like houses, this bike's future value will be based on comparable sales. If you get a high price and it sells fast, this is very good for other Anniversary owners. It also sets a documented replacement value for the insurance companies should a bike requires replacement.
If you put yourself in the mind of a manufacturer, there are many concepts on why they would create a limited edition anything. Most likely it's due to two reasons:
1) They want to create an immediate need to purchase (If you don't buy it TODAY, you won't get one ever). This is called a Call to Action.
2) They didn't think they could sell too many and decided to create excitement by limiting the availablity.
If it doesn't sell, it could be a statement of our economy as people are not standing in line these days to spend money on non essential items.
So, please keep us posted as to the messages you receive via eBay and let us know how it goes.
Remember, it's your bike and like any "property" you are free to do with it what you please.
I'm sure we would all like to read more about your initial opinions of this bike and the type of comments you're receving from others you encounter who are seeing it for the first time. So please, keep us posted.

·
Registered
144 Posts

I think it will probably go up in value because of the limited numbers, how much is hard to tell. I really don't think it will sell on ebay for that price because people on ebay are looking for bargains, not to pay a premium. It would have to be a Victory Collector that just did not realize these were available until it was too late to order one.
It will be interesting to see what the value of these bikes does in the future.

·
Registered
144 Posts
The only upside to selling it for that kind of money would be that I could finish paying off my house and be completely debt free. That would be a nice place to be financially.

·
Registered
144 Posts

by the way. I really do like this forum and the members have been very nice. I value all the input I have received on every issue and do agree, in hind site of listing the auction, that selling this bike for any price would be a VERY STUPID thing to do for any reason. But as Dave Ramsey would say, I have done STUPID with zero's on the end before.It is a great bike, This is the 10th bike I have owned and by far the best bike I have ever owned or ridden. I rode a Harley Davidson Ultra Classic Electra Glide in Las Vegas at a convention last October and the Harley does not even compare to the Vision in any way.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hey MD, I think we both understand each other after our emails. I thought it was kind of neatthat you have #09 of 100 on an 09 Vision. Wish I were in your shoes!!! LOL Call it plain old Jealousy!!! :(

·
Registered
256 Posts

kaydee said:
Hey MD, I think we both understand each other after our emails. I thought it was kind of neatthat you have #09 of 100 on an 09 Vision. Wish I were in your shoes!!! LOL Call it plain old Jealousy!!! :(
I never connected the dots on this #09 in year 09. Kinda cool. Still don't know what number I am getting but its not for sale.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hey, any number Anniversary Edition Vision is a good one!!I guess I'm stuck with my Jackpot Premium until I can talk my wife into letting me have a Vision. She thinks the Visionsare ugly, but it's all in the eye of the beholder!!(& DRIVER) I think they are neatand very futuristic looking. Remember back when the new cars came out and we thought they were ugly? (Some still are!!) IMHO LOL!!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.