VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am interested in hearing if anyone here has the Vision lower wind deflectors and what they think of them. I am interested in purchasing them, but want to make sure they are worth the $250 they are asking. Thanks.

·
Registered
12,236 Posts

Rebel,
They are definetely worth any amount of money especially when it gets over 90 degrees out. If you turn them in they will push the engine heat away from your legs.
Don

·
Registered
138 Posts
dsjr70 said:
Rebel,
They are definetely worth any amount of money especially when it gets over 90 degrees out. If you turn them in they will push the engine heat away from your legs.
Don
+1

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
love them

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
I don't like the way they look and won't be cluttering up my bike with them any time soon. The idea is to direct more air flow in towards the engine to dissipate the heat when all it takes is moving your foot/leg out to the edge of the floorboard into the stream of air-I'll put my $250 for a fuel controller to keep that air moving by-Brian

·
Registered
463 Posts

They work great, hangin your toes out doesnt quite do it. Also good for cold days and wet days to open them up and stay dryer.
I have the cycle ops painted balck to match....... uppers and lower!

·
Registered
180 Posts
advntrus said:
texasgrumpy said:
I want the cycleops too but can't find brackets without having to spend $250 for something that is going to break for sure.
I feel your pain. I had to bite the bullet and buy both sets myself. But I just couldn't live with the cheap plastic looking ones Vic sells.
Shawn
I too had to bite thebullet and buy them for the hinges and replaced the plastic ones for cycleops black one,but my dealer cut me a special deal if i bought both from him

·
Registered
44 Posts
I got a really good deal on a set of lowers today ($45) just need to touch up the brackets and would like to paint them pearl white. I'm hoping the dealer will be able to get me the missing template to mount them. My plan is use them until they break then spring for the cycle ops uppers and lowers.

·
Registered
126 Posts

Let me know if you don't find the template - I can send you a pdf (if I can find the file:) One key point with the OEM lowers, is do NOT use your feet to move them out - you will break them for sure! If it is raining, you can move them out and they take the rain way out and your pantleg will not get wet (at all). Well, not from the side anyway:) CycleOps will also paint the mounting brackets to match if you're interested.
VVVet

·
Registered
330 Posts

Hey guys, glad you all like my billet lowers and uppers. So you all know, you can save a lot by buying online through www.surdykemotorsports.com.

They give 20% off on all OEM parts, plus they constantly run free shipping promos. That puts you at only $200. Considering the hinges are 90% of the cost of the kit, it's well worth it just for them alone. Plus you can always sell the clear lowers to someone who's broken their yet doesn't want to go for mine. You'd probably get another $50-$100 back that way, lowering the cost of the hinges even further. Plus you could post a Want To Buy thread as there are many out there that have already bought the kit just for the wings so there are hinges left over for the taking if you ask around.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello, I'm looking for hinges for the victory vision wind deflectors, I am asking for some bearings, I bought metal deflectors but I did not read that they sell without hinges

·
Super Moderator
26,124 Posts
Hello, I'm looking for hinges for the victory vision wind deflectors, I am asking for some bearings, I bought metal deflectors but I did not read that they sell without hinges
Welcome to the unicorn hunt.

·
Super Moderator
26,124 Posts
Well, you can't buy anywhere and you can't get anything from victori in Poland
We can not get them from Victory either. They are very hard to come by and are usually found used.

There are some available on Facebook but they are different and come as a set, hinges and fins. I am not on FB though so I can not point you to them. Search and you should be able to find them mentioned here.

Another option over the Victory ones that stick on the bike is going with Baker Air Wings. Only thing is they are attached by drilling holes in the bike. They also do not look as nice IMHO but are said to work well and have two fins instead of just one.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts