VOG Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering purchasing a 2008 Vision Tour Comfort. The dealer says one thing about the gasoline octane required while on-line sources say another. I haven't been able to read the owners manual.
My quesiton, what is minimum octane ratign required? Any problems burningthe gasohol sold here in Oregon?
Also, what kind of mileage might I get? I am a fairly conservative rider, mainly ride solo within posted speed limits (65-70).
Thanks,
Dave

·
Registered
1,276 Posts

Welcome Dave!! I have an 05 Kingpin(40 - 45 mpg)and have been up to Oregon and just bought the high octane gas there.
No issues at all.
Filling the tank on the Vision is a tad tricky until you learn the secret "handshake" of how to do it. One of the Vision-aries will have to tip ya off on that one.
Here in Calif we have those weird gotta hold it JUSSSST right handles, that I still slop all over at times.
As far as I know you shouldn't have any problems. Best we can get here in Calif is 91 octane and I have had to run 86 a few times and honestly couldn't tell much difference. I pretty much try to follow the suggested oil and fuel ratings just to be safe. I'm sure Calif gas is close to what Oregon uses, if even as good.
Here's the download link for the 08 Vision shop manual if anyone needs it.
http://www.mediafire.com/2008visioninfo
You might also check the Vision Riders site although we all mingle on most of them.
BTW ~GO FOR IT!!!!

·
Registered
342 Posts
I also always run premium in my bike and the book says to run at least 91 octane. It also states gas containing up to 10% ethanol is fine and up to 15% MTBE is usable but do not use E-85 gasoline or gas containing methanol.

I average 42 - 43 miles per gallon.

If those gas types can be purchased where you live then you will Love this bike, it is one sweet ride.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.