VOG Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw that there was a post on how to install the Kuryakyn Run-Turn-Brake kit on the Vision Tour. I have found the kit on Cruiser Customizing for a decent price. It suggests that I get a diode kit, in addition to the Run-Turn-Brake kit. Is this other diode kit necessary, or is the Run-Turn-Brake kit enough by itself?

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
There is a bunch written about this on the vision-riders.com and the VMC. Sorry can't answer it because I have not done the mod.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Dealer installed this kit and my cruise control quite working and the trunk lights didn't work as turn signals. Dealer says it is overloading the system and that is why the cruise quite working. ANy thoughts from anyone that is more mechanically or electrically inclined that myself? As you might suspect, I ride em, but I don't work on em. Thanks, Scott.

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
Although i havent put mine on yet i have the same kit. However something tells me the dealer might have done something wrong, because it shouldnt effect the cruse and other stuff.

·
Registered
6 Posts
From Kuryakyn Tech Support. They say definitely DO NOT Install this kit. See their email string to me below. So guys, how did you make this work? Is your warranty now voided?

[email protected]

tome
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

show details11:56 AM (3 minutes ago)
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
I missed the word not in that sentence. This controller will not work correctly on these bikes, sorry. What others have been doing to make it work, I have no knowledge of. It is a fitment that we do not call out for, sorry.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
This kind of work is not my cup of tea. I do not want to change my lights that badly.

·
Registered
207 Posts

Modifying the lighting system can screw up the cruise control on the Vision. There have been a few postings to this effect from others who have modified their lighting system without compensating for it with the right kind of load equalizer.
I was considering this mod myself until I downloaded the specs & installation instructionsfor the Kuryakyn Run-Turn-Brake kit from their siteand read that the kit should not be installed on bikes with four-way flashers, as this can lead to the supplied module overheating. Anytime you have an overheated electronic module installed in a confined space where you can't see it or touch ityou have all the ingrediants you need for setting your a$$ on fire IMHO as a master electrician!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.