VOG Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I finally got my nerve up to try a "top speed" run on my Vision with the Lloydz ECUinstalled. However, before I attempted this run, I (over) inflated my tires to 42 psi in the front and 44 psi in the back. I also checked EVERYTHING on the bike. Hereare the results..
Earlier this year,I was in a remote part of NV and made a top speed run with the stock ECU. My speedometer indicated that I was doing 131 mph, howevermy GPS's indicated myactual speed was 126-127 mph when the stock ECU rev limiter kicked in. It would not pull any further withoutthe bikecutting out..I believe that GPS was more accurate than my speedometer... I hada completely different story with the LloydzECU.Even thoughI didn't have my GPS functioning on this run (it was in my saddle bag when I madean impromptu decision) my speedometer was reading 140mph when I backed out. Basedon my earlier GPS reading, I'd guess my actual speed was in the range of plus or minus135 mph..However, I felt thatmybike WAS STILL ACCELERATING~! Itdid NOT hit the Lloydzrev limiter!I took a quck glance at the tachwhich indicated approx6200 rpm. From past experience, I know that my newECU has a rev limit of 6400 to 6500 rpms. While I can't say for sure, (and really don't expect to find out anytime soon)I expect thatmy Visioncouldrun neck and neck with a Goldwing at the top end..I've been told that a stock Goldwingdoesn'thave a low rev limit like a Victory and willclose to 140 mph out the box. Don't know for sure though...By the way, outside of the Lloyds cams, the Lloydz ECU has by FAR given me the most "bang for the buck" in terms of performanceenhancement..

·
Registered
95 Posts
Same stup as you and I agree. After the cam, the ECM is the best performance improvement.

·
Registered
5,880 Posts

One word: "Damn!" On second thgought - Two words: "Big Ballz!"
You da Man!! With big ballz!
Thx for surviving &sharing.
B-safe!!!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
True top speed on GPS(not indicated on speedo) for the 2009 goldwing my friend has was 125 mph.I belive his speedo was showing like 135 or 140.My Vision speedo shows about 122 when the rev limiter stops the fun,but my GPS only shows 119.....I need to get the ecu from Lloyd

·
Registered
36 Posts

I found these specs on mbike.com:
2010 gold wing 0-60 4.4 seconds top speed 124.27
I believe a stock Vision without the rev limiter will beat that as mine was still pulling when it hit the damn limiter :(
ABS available:Yes
Power-to-weight ratio:0.21 KW/lbs (4.74 lbs/HP)
Acceleration (0-60 mph):4.4 sec
Top speed:124.27 mph
Fuel capacity:6.6 gals
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
ABS available:Yes
Power-to-weight ratio:0.21 KW/lbs (4.74 lbs/HP)
Acceleration (0-60 mph):4.4 sec
Top speed:124.27 mph
Fuel capacity:6.6 gals
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

I've ordered another ECU from Lloydz for my son's 2010 Cross Country. However, they seem to be really backedup on delivery as I haven't received it yet. It's been about 5-6 weeks. Hope that they send it SOON as he's as impatient as I am! FYI: the Lloydzs ECU made a BIG different in my bikes general performance - with particular reference to reving above the stock ECU's 5200 rpms or so. Although I haven't hit the 6400 to 6500 rpm rev limit often, the higher revsdon't seem to have hurt or in anyway damaged the engine. Take my word on it,Lloydzs reprogrammed ECU does make a TREMENDOUS difference in overall bike performance. Frankly, and I don't know why this is, the bike just seems to run better too.. Maybe Victory detuned the stock ECUbecause of emissions related compliance issues?

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
On, by the way, when I made the run, my Victory's "Blade" style windshield was in the lowest position and I tucked in behind like I was riding a sports bike..I think (maybe?) if it was raised, the added height could have made a small difference in top speed.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I agree the Lloydz ECU rocks!!! With the cams, VFCIII and the ECU there couldn't be any other touring bike that competes. I no longer need to watch the tach for shift points. Just let the motor keep on going. I have not tried to see the top end speed. That will be on a run out to west Texas. It did take a while for the new ECU to arrive, but Bri over at Lloyz did say I would get quicker turn around if I sent in my ECU instead of exchanging it after the new one was received. So I chose to wait, but keep riding. Lloydz also has an apology and explanation on his home page for slow turn around. Business is good.

Ride Safe
Tim
Lloydz Stuff; Cams, VFC III, Intake Plate, IAC, ECU, Exhaust Gaskets.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
For the little that it's worth I also just decided to go fast the other day on my V8ball I went to 180kms in 5th gear and I backed off but she was still in the mood to give me more,makes me wonder what a shift to sixth would have done.I'm not so big on flat out speed I take more pleasure from the curves..Victory sure beates the HELL out of any of my CVO Harleys...Quess I'm going to get the Lloyd's ECU also

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ByteN2it: Thanks for the suggestion! As I was rollin past 130 mph, it DID occur to me that the Dunlops were only rated to 130. I just figured that the OEM's always leave a little "fudge" factor! LOL

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.