VOG Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an '09 Vision Tour I purchased last September and have 4100 miles on it. It was the last 09 on the floor and had 400 miles on it when I bought it.
Twice this spring. It would not immediately start. I turned the key, checked the kill switch and pressed the start button. Nothing. No drag, no click, nothing. Lights and radio will work fine. Dash lights up.
I though it might be the battery since it sat on the floor and people like to play with the windshield, but why would everything else work if it was the battery?
I checked the cables off the battery and they were tight.
Any ideas?

·
Registered
7,141 Posts

Over the winter did you try to start it?
Did you have it hooked up to a Battery Tender to help keep you battery charged?
Did you add a gas stablizer to a full tank?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

When I turn the key on, the dash lights up and I hear the fuel pump kick on. I kept it on a battery tender all winter and started it every few weeks. I did not put the fuel stabilizer in it.
Any winter gas that was in the bike is certainly long gone with the warm weather we have had.
The bike normally starts fine. These are isolated incidents, that's the puzzling part.

·
Registered
6,128 Posts

On a side note, starting your bike up for a few minutes throughout the winter is one of the worst things you can do, unless you let the motor come up to FULL operating temps. 5 minutes here, 8 minutes there is no good. If you're not planning on taking the bike out for a nice run I would just let it sit there. No need to start it.
.....now back to your regularly scheduled problem.
One dumb question for you: is it in gear, and if so, do you have the clutch engaged?

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
As i read i had a thought and as I read further it was the last thing written. As mark stated, If the bike is in gear you will get everything come on but it will not even click when you push the button.
If it happens again i would click it into gear then back to Neutral (To make sure it is clearly in N) then try and restart the bike.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Not sure if problem which is asked in this thread is the starter turns the motor but the motor will not fire or the starter does not respond to the start button.
Different solutions or trouble shooting applies to each scenario.
I suspect the intention of this thread is the problem is the starter will not activate.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Indeed, the starter does not engage the engine. I have made sure the bike is in nuetral, regardelss of the little green light, by shifting it into gear and back to nuetral.
Damn thing must be possessed!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.