VOG Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess this question comes under the Vision Sound System. I currently have an Android phone, which I cannot play music thru my radio speakers on the Vision. My question concerns the phone more than the radio on the Vision.
The question is has anyone ever changed from and Android phone to the Iphone? How hard is it to transfer all my contacts, photos, music, etc from the Android to the Iphone? Thanks

·
Super Moderator
26,154 Posts
I guess this question comes under the Vision Sound System. I currently have an Android phone, which I cannot play music thru my radio speakers on the Vision. My question concerns the phone more than the radio on the Vision.
The question is has anyone ever changed from and Android phone to the Iphone? How hard is it to transfer all my contacts, photos, music, etc from the Android to the Iphone? Thanks
You have to convert every file. I did it once and thought it was a PITA. I was then left with double the used memory as my computer held both types of files for each song.

Why is it the phone will not stream music using Bluetooth or an AUX cable?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can listen to my Android music thru blue tooth into the speakers in my helmet. I just thought it would be nice if I could use the Vision Aux cable to play music thru my speakers. jmstang you said that you would not change to an iphone. Why is that?

·
Super Moderator
26,154 Posts
I can listen to my Android music thru blue tooth into the speakers in my helmet. I just thought it would be nice if I could use the Vision Aux cable to play music thru my speakers. jmstang you said that you would not change to an iphone. Why is that?
Just buy a Bluetooth receiver. Pair it to your phone and plug the AUX cable into it. That's what I do on both of my Visions.

Something like this.
https://www.amazon.com/QOFOWIN-Blue...62340&sr=1-23&keywords=usb+bluetooth+receiver

Just plug a cigarette adapter in like this.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00M6QODH2/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Plug the power adapter in, plug the Bluetooth reliever into it, plug the AUX cable into that. Pair your phone and enjoy. You have a all time powered Bluetooth system.

Reactions: J.Wales

·
Registered
6,350 Posts
I like navigating the interweb better on the droid. I've used my wife's from time to time, I've fixed her iPad a couple of times for her... I've found my way thru the Apple products, just prefer the Android.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
If you have the ipod cable use a coolstream bluetooth dongle. You'll get full handlebar access but no read out of songs. If you have just the mp3, 3.5mm jack, get a Bluetooth dongle and power it thru your 12v plug. I have the nano but prefer my android phone with coolstream dongle. Works great. I find Android much more user friendly. IMHO.

·
Super Moderator
26,154 Posts
Damn VVB that Bluetooth is cheap.

Have you found a short USB plug for the powerlet in the 08?
On my 08 I have a iPod connection so I use the Coolstream. My 08 iPod connection is powered so it powers the Coolstream without needing a outside power source.

This regular will not allow the controls to work on the bars. It is what I have.
Amazon.com: CoolStream Duo Bluetooth Adapter for iPhone iPod Bose Docking Stations and Motorcycles.: Cell Phones & Accessories

The Pro is supposed to allow the bar controls to work but it cost more. I usually just change the song on my phone if needed.
https://www.amazon.com/CoolStream-B...sr=1-1-spons&keywords=coolstream+carpro&psc=1

Reactions: jmstang302

·
Super Moderator
26,154 Posts
Reactions: jmstang302

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So not being literate at most of this electronic stuff, let me see if I understand how this one https://www.amazon.com/CoolStream-B...sr=1-1-spons&keywords=coolstream carpro&psc=1 will work. I just plug it into my 30 pin connector on the bike, pair it with my phone and I can play my music off of my android phone? It says will not work for phone calls. So does that mean that I cannot take a phone call thru bluetooth with my helmet? Can I have my phone paired with 2 devices at the same time? Hate to be such a PITA, but just trying to get as much information as possible. Also if I have my maps guidance set on my phone while riding, will the voice instructions override the music and come thru my speakers. Thanks again

·
Registered
976 Posts
If you already have the iPod 30-pin cable in your Vision, you might consider buying an old 4th generation iPod Touch and be done with it. Probably pick one up for $40 or less these days. You can make full use of the handlebar audio controls and the display will give you artist/album/song title information.

The only thing that sucks about it is you'd have to use iTunes to load your music on it. Always hated iTunes, and the whole Apple thing when it comes down to it.

·
Super Moderator
26,154 Posts
So not being literate at most of this electronic stuff, let me see if I understand how this one https://www.amazon.com/CoolStream-B...sr=1-1-spons&keywords=coolstream carpro&psc=1 will work. I just plug it into my 30 pin connector on the bike, pair it with my phone and I can play my music off of my android phone? It says will not work for phone calls. So does that mean that I cannot take a phone call thru bluetooth with my helmet? Can I have my phone paired with 2 devices at the same time? Hate to be such a PITA, but just trying to get as much information as possible. Also if I have my maps guidance set on my phone while riding, will the voice instructions override the music and come thru my speakers. Thanks again
Yes, if you have a 30 pin connection on your bike the Coolstream plugs right in. Now the only thing to worry about is if that 30pin has power. I don't believe they all did but I may be wrong. My 08 does.

If it does then all you do is pair it to your phone and start streaming.

As for connecting to several Bluetooth devices your phone will do that fine. You can even go into the Bluetooth settings and select what you want to do what. Like your headset for phone calls and Coolstream for media.

When I'm riding I have had my phone paired to my GPS, headset, Bluetooth receiver, smartwatch, FOBO tpms, and a Bluetooth remote without issue.

·
Registered
6,350 Posts
@VicVisionBulldog how is one supposed to connect one's phone to their headset, for phone calls and to the bike for music ?

I wanted to listen to the race (Xfinity app) thru the bike's stereo and catch a incoming call on my way home one day.

Had the race going on the bike, turned my headset on, now the race is on in my helmet and not the bike. I turned the headset off and waited until the phone rang thru the radio speakers to turn my headset back on to catch the call. Of course that meant I was going to have to stop and put my finger on the phone to resume the race... the ride easily won out and I finished the race once home.

·
Super Moderator
26,154 Posts
So you need to connect to the device you wish to change first. So let's say you're connected to the bike and want media through there and calls in your helmet.

Go to SETTINGS.

Select CONNECTIONS.

In there go to BLUETOOTH.

Here you will see the list of all things paired to your phone. It will look something like this.
View attachment 505707

The ones you are connected with will be at the top. If you hit the gear icon next to it your open that devices options. Depending on the device they may show differently in each profile. Something like this.
View attachment 505709 View attachment 505711

So the second one is for my Uclear headset. If it was connected when I was doing this the CALL AUDIO would be selected but MEDIA AUDIO would remain off. This means me calls will go to my helmet and my tunes will go to the device I've designated in the same manner.

Your phone should save these settings so you one need to do it once until you want to change something. You may though have to open BLUETOOTH to connect to several devices as it will not always pick them up automatically.

I have a Samsung S8+. Your screens and options may be listed differently.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.