VICTORY / VISION 2008
Manufacturer : POLARIS INDUSTRIES, INC. Mfr's Report Date : SEP 02, 2008
NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID Number : 08V446000
N/A
NHTSA Action Number: N/A
Component: ELECTRICAL SYSTEM:FUSES AND CIRCUIT BREAKERS
Potential Number Of Units Affected : 2444
Summary:
POLARIS IS RECALLING 2,444 MY 2008 VICTORY VISION MOTORCYCLES. THETERMINAL NUTS THAT SECURE THE MAIN POWER SUPPLY WIRES COULD BE LOOSE ATTHE CIRCUIT BREAKER, WHICH CAN CAUSE AN UNEXPECTED LOSS OF ELECTRICALPOWER TO THE MOTORCYCLE AND THE CURRENT FUEL IGNITION MAPPRE-PROGRAMMED INTO THE ELECTRONIC CONTROL MODULE (ECM) CAN CAUSE ENGINE STALLING.
Consequence:
EITHER CONDITION COULD CAUSE THE ENGINE TO STALL, INCREASING THE RISK OF A LOSS OF CONTROL AND A CRASH.
Remedy:
DEALERS WILL INSPECT AND TIGHTEN THE CIRCUIT BREAKER TERMINAL NUTS ANDRE-PROGRAM THE ECM FREE OF CHARGE. THE RECALL IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN ONOR ABOUT SEPTEMBER 15, 2008. OWNERS MAY CONTACT POLARIS/VICTORY AT1-888-704-5290.

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts

I'm wondering if thisexplains the reason asto why the Digital Wrench program for the 2009 models do not include the mapping for the S1 L1 exhausts forALL models?
Since Victory does not release individual sales numbers per model, we now know that at least 2,444, 08 Visions were manufactured.
Also, I'm guessing that the Marchignition recall was not the final cure for the stalling issues. While I experienced the stalling issue a few times prior to the ignition recall, I have experienced it only twice since then. Hopefully, they will get it right this time.

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
Has anyone received any information about this recall? I just contacted my dealer and they have zero info. Since it was due to be released on or around September 15th, I'm starting to wonder what's causing the delay.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.