VOG Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
Visions are different than the cross bikes and an aftermarket radio is tough to install unless you get a molded piece from one of the custom shops.

most Vision riders use the stock radio, but add a Bluetooth unit to the aux input. Either the 1/4” jack or the 30pin iPod connector.

if you have the 30 pin connector, you can get a Coolstream CarPro (not the Coolstream Duo) and it will allow you to use your stock hand controls.

VVB will be along shortly to show you his regular Bluetooth setup and a separate controller he mounted to his handlebars.

If you do have the 1/4” (3.5mm) aux input, you can still get the 30 pin iPod connector on eBay. It’s a quick and easy swap.

·
Registered
3,313 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,154 Posts
Maybe if I didn't love my dash bag I would do the same one day. The stock unit has been fine for me.

Here's the remote mentioned above for anybody else that might find this on a search.

Bluetooth music Controller

Reactions: md2420

·
Registered
25 Posts
Chubby Buttons.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FBQ3PCF/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A2XAJK60PF9PUW&psc=1

The cost is about the same or less than a marine grade controller, and if you have multiple bikes like many of us do, it moves with you. Up until I bought the vision, I just kept my phone in my pocket with a set of molded ear buds running up. Controlled the phone with this. Works great with the Vision as well, although I still use the volume/mute buttons on the bike.

If you are fashion conscious you might not like it, but be honest, full gear isn't a fashion statement, we are wearing it to save our skin, and rare is the man who looks good in it.

·
Registered
634 Posts
I wish that they had a smaller version of that Chubby Button..... it's HUGE!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I wish that they had a smaller version of that Chubby Button..... it's HUGE!
Yep, I'd go so far as to say they are obnoxiously large... but the truth is, they are just about perfect for my gloved pork paws. Any smaller and they'd be fiddly.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Visions are different than the cross bikes and an aftermarket radio is tough to install unless you get a molded piece from one of the custom shops.

most Vision riders use the stock radio, but add a Bluetooth unit to the aux input. Either the 1/4" jack or the 30pin iPod connector.

if you have the 30 pin connector, you can get a Coolstream CarPro (not the Coolstream Duo) and it will allow you to use your stock hand controls.

VVB will be along shortly to show you his regular Bluetooth setup and a separate controller he mounted to his handlebars.

If you do have the 1/4" (3.5mm) aux input, you can still get the 30 pin iPod connector on eBay. It's a quick and easy swap.
Howdy. Question about this... my 09 Vision has the 3.5mm aux input. To add Bluetooth I have to change that cable, for the 30pin iPod cable plus a Coolstream CarPro. OK.
Indeed, there are two different 30Pin cables, one up to 09 and one after 2010. The difference is the early one has one square connector and the later has two connectors. I have gone through lots of posts and cannot find the answer...
With the above 30Pin single connector cable for 08-09, and a CarPro... will the handlebar controls work? Or the handlebars controls only work for the 2010 and later models with the two connectors?
Thank you!!!

·
Super Moderator
26,154 Posts
Howdy. Question about this... my 09 Vision has the 3.5mm aux input. To add Bluetooth I have to change that cable, for the 30pin iPod cable plus a Coolstream CarPro. OK.
Indeed, there are two different 30Pin cables, one up to 09 and one after 2010. The difference is the early one has one square connector and the later has two connectors. I have gone through lots of posts and cannot find the answer...
With the above 30Pin single connector cable for 08-09, and a CarPro... will the handlebar controls work? Or the handlebars controls only work for the 2010 and later models with the two connectors?
Thank you!!!
You can add Bluetooth using the Aux cable. That's how my 13 is.

Just need a USB cigarette port and USB Bluetooth receiver. This will not let you use the bikes controls. My phone is on my bars and I have that little remote from above so it's no issue for me.

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
Thank you!!!
I can't say for sure. Mine is a '14 and has the 2 connectors on it. I did switch from the 3.5mm aux that was only hooked up to one connector (the 2nd was capped off and hanging loose nearby).

so yours has the single square connector? How many pins are in it? Can you unplug your 3.5mm and see if all pins are on that side and being used? Maybe that will provide a clue.

·
Registered
8 Posts
You can add Bluetooth using the Aux cable. That's how my 13 is.

Just need a USB cigarette port and USB Bluetooth receiver. This will not let you use the bikes controls. My phone is on my bars and I have that little remote from above so it's no issue for me.
Understood. Thank you. My goal is to just have my galaxy phone in the glovebox, charging, and playing music through the Bluetooth 30Pin cable, Being able to change songs from the handlebars.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I can't say for sure. Mine is a '14 and has the 2 connectors on it. I did switch from the 3.5mm aux that was only hooked up to one connector (the 2nd was capped off and hanging loose nearby).

so yours has the single square connector? How many pins are in it? Can you unplug your 3.5mm and see if all pins are on that side and being used? Maybe that will provide a clue.
According to the wiring diagram the 2008-10 have 7 wires in the single connector at the aux audio input. I can take the cover off at the bike and confirm wires/colors and number of connectors. Thanks

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
That is the exact set-up I am looking for. I assume I need the single connector 30Pin cable, but I will take the cover off and confirm it. Then add the car pro. Thank you
So you know. Everything works by your controls, but the readout will only be next or previous. No song titles. Also your mute button doesn't mute but rather pauses. If mute left on too long it'll shut off. A few minutes of muting. I've got 2 coolstream and both work same. Good luck.

·
Registered
8 Posts
So you know. Everything works by your controls, but the readout will only be next or previous. No song titles. Also your mute button doesn't mute but rather pauses. If mute left on too long it'll shut off. A few minutes of muting. I've got 2 coolstream and both work same. Good luck.
Fantastic. Thank you very much for the info.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.