VOG Forum banner

Vision owner question

2988 Views 27 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  Keith Grey
What is the RPM at 80 mph in 6th gear on the Vision?
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
6,725 Posts
Rick057 said:
I know that but that does NOT explain the actual change in how it feels. A HUGE difference in how it takes off. First and second were always too low geared for me.
A major diference after the computer swap. Like night and day from before.
After Lloyd swapped out my computer, I took it for a quick blast up the street. With just a half mile trip, I was amazed at the change. When I got back I asked him and Lloyd told me it was something he did to the timing which effected the gearing.
Completely changed the character of the bike for the better.
You have seen that commercial, the car pulling an anchor, he just cut yours lose.

· Registered
6,725 Posts
Rick057 said:
That would explain it. A first to third romp then a first to third romp back and no anchor. When I got back to Lloyd, everyone thought I was smiling about the extended rev limiter, which is a lot of fun. But I was actually grinning about the change in 1st and 2nd. Which to me, someone who used to hit the rev limiter constantly, is a more important change than the limiter. If I had to choose one over the other, I would go back to the old rev limiter and keep my new 1st and 2nd gears.
Thank God I don't have to make that choice. :)
You should have come up to our Bancroft meet, That would have made eveythingwork normal.

· Registered
6,725 Posts

All current motors run the same gears, could you imagine a threads we would have going here if gears could be changed that easily, we would all have 2011 transmissions. The only way to make slight changes is change drive Pulleys or Tire size.
OT

· Registered
6,725 Posts
Rick057 said:
OneThumb said:
Rick057 said:
That would explain it. A first to third romp then a first to third romp back and no anchor. When I got back to Lloyd, everyone thought I was smiling about the extended rev limiter, which is a lot of fun. But I was actually grinning about the change in 1st and 2nd. Which to me, someone who used to hit the rev limiter constantly, is a more important change than the limiter. If I had to choose one over the other, I would go back to the old rev limiter and keep my new 1st and 2nd gears.
Thank God I don't have to make that choice. :)
You should have come up to our Bancroft meet, That would have made eveythingwork normal.
Someday you guys will have an event when I do not have a conflict down here.
You could be suffering from VMC Party WITHDRAWAL or you need another HP BOOST.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.