VOG Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After riding a Vision....well, everything seems inferior in some way.
Power, comfort, handling.

I bought this 2015 Chieftain. Cams and an ECM flash help in the power dept. Handling is good, just different.

The wind protection needed improvement. Minor buffeting depending on what helmet I had and I'd toy with the power windshield.

I bought faux-leather slip-on lowers with high hopes...AWFUL! Took them off after 30 minutes of torture.
Indian has some great sales going now and bought the fork-mounted deflectors for $99 (down from $250).

Wow! What a difference!! Rode with my daughter for a number of hours today in temps as low as 46 and we were both comfortable in jeans and jackets. Loves it.
The Mustang seat gives me plenty of leg room and passenger accommodations are excellent (so say my women!).

Thought I'd share in case you're looking for Vision level comfort on your Indian.

What have you done? What has worked on your bike?

View attachment 504827 View attachment 504829

·
Registered
4,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When you going to throw some crazy paint on it? Got a scheme figured out?
Hahaha!
I have actually thought about that!
When I was looking to possibly trade the Vision, I got all kinds of mixed opinions on the paint job!
Some folks are dyed-in-the-wool conservatives who want things "stock" and others love something bright, shiny, and different. Very polarizing--- I think you said something like that to me.

With the Vision, I color matched the BlackBerry and painted the silver parts, then laid candy green apple over onto accent pieces, then cleared the whole thing. Pretty easy. Did it in a weekend for under $300.

I am enjoying getting to know this bike. It wasn't as perfect out of the box as the Vision. I love the fixed fairing, especially coming up my long, curvy driveway at night. The Indian headlight pans all over with each movement of the bars.
I also miss the security of tip over protection. That always makes me feel confident.

Happy to have the wind under control and feel comfortable.

I am waiting for inspiration regarding the paint...

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Rode with my daughter for a number of hours today in temps as low as 46 and we were both comfortable in jeans and jackets.
now if you were from florida this line would be impressive but come on dude,,, :think: your from New Hampshire :rofl2:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.