VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2013 Vision has started to have a problem when it is cold. After the bike warms up it goes away. I can do down the road in 4th and a good cruising city traffic speed and the bike will hiccup, cough, stutter, miss or whatever one wants to call it, It started after I got a new tank of gas, so I thought it was a bad tank of gas. I ran it out and put new gas and added Seafoam and that didn't help it. I have put new plugs in it, unplugged the battery and let it set to reset the computer and that didn't help. I have taken the batter off today to go get a new battery but the battery is testing 12.23 on my meter, so I don't think it is the batter either. This is the original battery. Does anyone think it could be the battery. My bike has also started idling with a back and forth high idle down to a low idle. Any help would be appreciated. I am wanting to sell my bike and trailer with all the equipment I have. I really don't want to put any more money into the bike than I have to. This is the first issue I have had with the bike.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
It could be the battery it's 6 years old, take it out and have it load tested.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
6,391 Posts
Before I replaced my battery it did exactly as you describe above. About every 6 months it's a very good idea to put a wrench on the battery cable fasteners on the battery to ensure they're tight.

Reactions: ironhead

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Start with simple stuff. Load test battery, perform IAC reset.
Then move on to vacuum lines, fuel pressure and ignition system.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Start with simple stuff. Load test battery, perform IAC reset.
Then move on to vacuum lines, fuel pressure and ignition system.
Battery tested good. I'll have to look for other issues now.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If you have a fuel tuner, check it as well.
I have the PC5 tuner, Llyod's top air filter.and the Lloyd's adjustable timing gear. I wish I knew how to test that stuff, but sad to say I don't.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Now knowing you have a PCV, I would suspect it also. Known to go bad.
Well that sucks I've never heard of those being a problem.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
First of all I want to thank everyone for the advice and secondly please take it easy on me with all the "you idiot" comments, I feel bad enough already. I found out the problem and I am very happy that I didn't have to haul my bike and pay a lot of money to resolve this. Here is the background of what happened.

Back in the early summer I had an ABS issue where the light would stay on. The first time I had my back tire changed I took it to a local shop but he was a Harley guy. He put the tire on, test drove it, and all was good. By the time I got home the ABS light was on. I jacked it up and the sensor had rubbed against the rotor and made a bare spot in it. I put some Black RTV on it, taped it up after it dried and had no issue with it for years, until this summer. I called JPM Motorsports in Hopkinsville, KY and told them the issue and they said it would have to be hooked up to the computer to determine which one it was and they estimated the cost. I didn't want to pay that kind of money, so I put it off till this fall and decided to buy the back sensor, by the way the back and the front senor are the same, and I replaced the sensor and that fixed the issue. Now, while replacing the senor I took off the two panels under the seat and behind the engine, so I could get a good look as to where the sensor wire was routed. It is when I took the panels off that I noticed a wire was unplugged and so I plugged it back up. I had bought a new tank of gas that day and after I put the sensor on I rode it a bit and it started the issue I had. I wrote it off as bad gas and like I said earlier I rode that tank out, put in new gas, added some Seafoam and put in new plugs but to no avail. So I went with the battery issue. I had it checked out yesterday and it checked good, but needed charging. I charged it, put in on this morning and had the same issue.

A friend of mine told me a few weeks ago back to when I put on the sensor and try to remember everything I did. The only thing I did that didn't involve the sensor was to plug that wire up. I didn't trace the wire to see where it went I just knew it looked like it should be plugged up. Turns out it was to the rear O2 sensor that was unplugged when I had Tom at JPM do all the work on my bike a few years ago.

So there you go! There is your idiot story for the day, week, or year, however you want to look at it. By the way I recommend JPM Motorsports, for any of you close enough, to work on your Victory products. Tom is a TOP NOTCH mechanic and in my opinion the best around on Victory's!

·
Registered
603 Posts
First of all I want to thank everyone for the advice and secondly please take it easy on me with all the "you idiot" comments, I feel bad enough already. I found out the problem and I am very happy that I didn't have to haul my bike and pay a lot of money to resolve this. Here is the background of what happened.

Back in the early summer I had an ABS issue where the light would stay on. The first time I had my back tire changed I took it to a local shop but he was a Harley guy. He put the tire on, test drove it, and all was good. By the time I got home the ABS light was on. I jacked it up and the sensor had rubbed against the rotor and made a bare spot in it. I put some Black RTV on it, taped it up after it dried and had no issue with it for years, until this summer. I called JPM Motorsports in Hopkinsville, KY and told them the issue and they said it would have to be hooked up to the computer to determine which one it was and they estimated the cost. I didn't want to pay that kind of money, so I put it off till this fall and decided to buy the back sensor, by the way the back and the front senor are the same, and I replaced the sensor and that fixed the issue. Now, while replacing the senor I took off the two panels under the seat and behind the engine, so I could get a good look as to where the sensor wire was routed. It is when I took the panels off that I noticed a wire was unplugged and so I plugged it back up. I had bought a new tank of gas that day and after I put the sensor on I rode it a bit and it started the issue I had. I wrote it off as bad gas and like I said earlier I rode that tank out, put in new gas, added some Seafoam and put in new plugs but to no avail. So I went with the battery issue. I had it checked out yesterday and it checked good, but needed charging. I charged it, put in on this morning and had the same issue.

A friend of mine told me a few weeks ago back to when I put on the sensor and try to remember everything I did. The only thing I did that didn't involve the sensor was to plug that wire up. I didn't trace the wire to see where it went I just knew it looked like it should be plugged up. Turns out it was to the rear O2 sensor that was unplugged when I had Tom at JPM do all the work on my bike a few years ago.

So there you go! There is your idiot story for the day, week, or year, however you want to look at it. By the way I recommend JPM Motorsports, for any of you close enough, to work on your Victory products. Tom is a TOP NOTCH mechanic and in my opinion the best around on Victory's!
Thanks for letting us know and don't feel like a dummy. I can see myself doing just that.

·
Registered
6,391 Posts
Congratulations Ironhead, so glad you found and fixed the issue.

PS - I have 65K miles on my PCV and it’s been perfect. I certainly don’t ride wondering when/if it will fail. Rest and ride easy friend.

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
Greetings and congratulations! You will not get any ribbing from me. I have a few of those T shirts in my drawer...

Ride safe,
Smokier

·
Registered
426 Posts

Whomever said you were an idiot is just describing what they see in the mirror. Pay no mind.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Whomever said you were an idiot is just describing what they see in the mirror. Pay no mind.
No one said that. I was just trying to lessen the blow in case someone did, by mentioning it myself.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.