VOG Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else installed the Vision Highway pegs and had concerns?
These stick up an inch higher than the floorboard and actually pin your boot in when trying to put your foot down at a stop. They block your exit.
Seems like a safety concern.
Does anyone know if they can be reversed, left to right, right to left. They would then actually be below the plane of the floor boards, offer no restriction, and actually look like they wouldn't rub in turns, as the tip overs would actually be lower than they.
Any input?

·
Registered
72 Posts

Are we talking about the Victory highway pegs? The Victory accessory highway peg brackets put them in an awkward position. Haven't tried it, but I don't think you'd want to reverse them. Assuming that you're talking about basically mounting the bracket so that the peg is below the floorboard I think you would end up with some clearance issues.
Kuryakyn makes some offset peg mounts (http://www.kuryakyn.com/index.cfm/go/Home.ProductDetail/catID/10/scID/92/IMID/495). You'd still end up with the same problem because the mount itself is in the way still.
We have a LOT of Vision customers and the need was so great that we had some custom brackets made. They mount under the front tip-over protection and work well for riders over 6' tall. http://www.arizonavictory.com/eshop...uct_741556.Vision_Road_Peg_Bracket_for_Ta.htm. These do require offset pegs, but it's a pretty clean look.

·
Registered
717 Posts
I saw a pair that the owner had replaced the bolt that catches your foot with a rounded bolt with an allen screw from Fastenal. He had to buy a bag of six to get two. Cost like $6 but no more catching his feet.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Is the Arizona Victory bracket distinct from the factory bracket or merely a modification?

I find the factory pegs too short. They also are not adjustable in any fashion.

·
Registered
72 Posts

Here are some pics of our brackets. The peg in the pictures is the Victory Accessory offset highway peg.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

I sat on a Vision yesterday that used these brackets but did not have the offset adapter for the peg. You gotta be a tall guy (or gal) to reach em. I have long legs for a 6 footer and I couldn't reach the pegs barely. I would strongly recommend the offset peg adapters if you're a normal height. I bought the mounts from AZ Victory and ordered the 2" offset mounts. That should be the right combo for a 6'0" rider. I'll post when the offsets arrive and I install.
By the way, huge KUDOs to Carl at AZ V in Tucson. Thanks for the head's up on this part. I think this is a huge improvement over the OEM highway pegs. Much more safe!

·
Registered
106 Posts

I order the Victory hiway pegs when added when I purchased my Vision in April 2009. Took them off after one week and sold them on this board. My complaints were:
1. They mounted about 1/3 from the front of floor board. Much too short for my 38" inseam.
2. They raised up about an inch higher then the floor board and my foot felt trapped on the floor board.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

That's exactly why I removed mine. Way too dangerous. I can't believe they market these! My boot well (edge of sole) would actually catch on the bracket and I was unable to put my foot down on pavement at a stop!
I'm taking em back to the dealer. Vision owners beware, OEM highway pegs are dangerous!
SP

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.