VOG Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking at some footpegs for my Vision and decided that I needed them to be higher than the ones they offer that bolt under the floorboard. I saw one in Spirit Lake this weekend that had an extension on it so you could either go high, closer to you, or farther away making it totally adjustable. My question is where can I get this extension? Is it available from Victory or will any extension made for other footpegs work on the pegs for a Vision?

·
Registered
114 Posts

I met a guy up in Sturgis two weeks back that had extensions on his Vision highway pegs. Could swear he told me they were standard issue either Kuryakin or maybe J&P????

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Thanks for the info guys. Do you think you can just use a standard extension on the Victory bracket and then use any peg you want? I guess I just need to get the footpegs then try to find an extension for them.

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
you'll find that a lot of 'OEM' parts are made secondary by other companies. The problem is in most cases is finding the comparable part from the original manufacturer. My KP has cartridges in my forks from marzocchi. I'm sure the cartridge has a special part # on it, but I'm also sure that it's a comparable part they make for other units. The cross referencing is often the tricky part.

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
Something else ive seen, (a little off this topic but still floor board related) is the Ness floorboards that they think are sooooo cool. They are all chrome and look ok but nothing spectacular, but i have ridden with someone that had all chrome boards and when it started raining he was slipping and sliding all over them. From a safety point of view, ill keep my stockers.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts

ngford said:
Really? The pegs they sell come from Kuryakin? So the only part that is exclusively Victory is the bracket?
No Kury might even make that too. This is no different than what most bike manufactures do. Most bike companies actualy make very little of the actual piece parts. They design and have others build them then assemble and test.Maybe some of the engine, but that might be about it.

·
Registered
92 Posts

Clubford00 said:
Something else ive seen, (a little off this topic but still floor board related) is the Ness floorboards that they think are sooooo cool. They are all chrome and look ok but nothing spectacular, but i have ridden with someone that had all chrome boards and when it started raining he was slipping and sliding all over them. From a safety point of view, ill keep my stockers.
I have the Ness Chrome boards and have had the pleasure of riding in the rain, however, the boards have black "knobs" on them which prevent any slipping your feet!!!I love them and they look awesome!

·
Registered
72 Posts

Webhair said:
They use Kuryakin foot pegs so most of Kury's extenders should work
Kuryakyn makes a handful of offest peg mounts that will work with the Victory accessory highway pegs for the Vision.
#7996 (2" offest)
http://www.kuryakyn.com/index.cfm/go/Home.ProductDetail/catID/10/scID/92/IMID/493
or
#8016 (3.25" offest)
http://www.kuryakyn.com/index.cfm/go/Home.ProductDetail/catID/10/scID/92/IMID/495
or (looks like these might work as well)
#4556 (2" offest) or #4557 (4" offset)
http://www.kuryakyn.com/index.cfm/go/Home.ProductDetail/catID/10/scID/92/IMID/584
If you don't want to use the Victory floorboard mount, we offer a mount that bolts on under the front tip over (although unfortunately these mounts are currently on backorder with an ETA of about 2 weeks out).
http://www.arizonavictory.com/eshop...uct_741556.Vision_Road_Peg_Bracket_for_Ta.htm
With our mounts, we recommend a 2" offset for riders over 6' tall or 3.25" if you're under 6' tall. The pictures on our website show the brackets used with Victory's offset highway pegs which, you guessed it, are made by Kuryakyn and utilize the 2" offset mount. With this set up you can either reuse the Victory highway pegs (made by Kuryakyn) or choose any number of pegs offered by Kuryakyn.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.